Sapphire Falls Resort | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

Sapphire Falls Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sunday is a tough day to check in because most guests are leaving that day so they have a huge turn around that day. Yes, this shouldn't be an excuse but it seems like that's the case so far; hopefully it's just a case of the new-hotel pains.

Also make sure you check your reservation confirmation email to make sure it says you have the food credit on there; if it does you're all set, but if not I would call now to have them add it on so you don't have to waste time when you get there.

I am hoping it is new hotel pains, because Sunday or not Sunday you should be able to check in and get a hotel room before 7. I was really upset and angry when I checked into a hotel at 8:15 PM when visiting family up north and my room was not ready. In fact I will never stay at that hotel again and to prevent from being stuck at that hotel again I have already booked my room for my trip next year. I imagine other people may feel the same way as me. Especially people with kids. You want to get into your room and get the kids settled.

Reactions: Joel
I asked to be moved a few minutes ago and I no sooner got to my room than I got a call that my new room was ready in the wing and with the side I requested. They are accommodating if you let them know what the problem is. Now I can get a full night's sleep I hope

Just an FYI for those with dining credit, Dave the Dhrum Bartender put my alcohol on the dining credit. I questioned it and he asked the front desk so I guess you can spend it on alcohol. Really makes me wish I had booked a split stay for two credits. :)

I asked to be moved a few minutes ago and I no sooner got to my room than I got a call that my new room was ready in the wing and with the side I requested. They are accommodating if you let them know what the problem is. Now I can get a full night's sleep I hope
Which guest house/side did you get moved to?

3 with a lagoon view
Awesome! House 1 pool view and House 3 Lagoon view have to be the two best options being able to see the parks in the background and all. House 3 Lagoon gives you easy access to the boats and restaurants too for that added bonus

Just rode an elevator with Frank Bello bassist for Anthrax who plays at hard rock tonight. Didn't bug him however.

Also saw pro wrestler Cody Rhodes (Dusty Rhodes son) and his wife in the lobby last night. Noticed way too late and missed asking for a handshake. Big fan of his.

And my son met Tim Tracker out and about today with my parents!!! What a great trip so far!!

The tipping point for us was at the end of the night, after a long day at the parks (when your body is sore and tired), would you rather get on a boat straight to your hotel in a relaxing ride on water with beautiful lights everywhere you look? (Not to mention those gorgeous waterfalls) Or do you want to walk all the way through Citiwalk and the parking garages to get to a line with hundreds of other people waiting in another line, wondering to yourself "Are we going to make this bus or are we going to have to wait for the 2nd or 3rd one?" Waiting for the buses at the end of the night was like waiting on the Monorail at Disney World, which was pretty bad. Normally the buses at Cabana you never have to wait during the day. Its only at night coming back to your hotel is when it gets bad. We finally started just riding the boat back to Sapphire Falls, and then crossing the street by the stop light to get back to Cabana Bay. A lot of other Cabana Bay folks were doing the same thing. That felt dangerous because you were always having to cross traffic. I would not recommend doing it with kids. There is a walkway from Cabana Bay that you can get to Sapphire Falls, but its way out of the way and its much quicker to just cross the street by the stop light. That's why a lot of people were doing it. I'm thinking it might be a THING, because near the end of our trip, one of the boat ladies asked everyone on the boat to please raise their hand who is riding from Cabana Bay. Nobody raised their hand, even though probably half the people on the boat were from Cabana Bay. We were afraid to raise our hands because the boat lady seemed like she was going to kick anyone from Cabana Bay off the boat. This was during the middle of the day so I didn't think she could do it, but I still didn't take any chances.

Universal has a tendency to put up signs to instill order. Disney has a tendency to put people. I think the latter works much better.

29347596813_306786efdc_c.jpg

I noticed the path was completed recently off the garden walk. Before that, the only way I could see to get to SF from CBBR was to cross the road.

I didn't realize that was not done prior. I took that the only time I went wondering around...took a nice walk on the bridge to see how it turned out and all. thought it was funny that there was a sign out there to use the bridge to cross.

Thanks for the info!

Reactions: Scott W.
I didn't realize that was not done prior. I took that the only time I went wondering around...took a nice walk on the bridge to see how it turned out and all. thought it was funny that there was a sign out there to use the bridge to cross.

Thanks for the info!

There must have been another walk way I imagine but the concrete nearest CBBR must have been set between last Wednesday and Friday.

I'm actually starting to feel a little bummed out I never spent any time in the other hotels. There's always next time.

Just an FYI for those with dining credit, Dave the Dhrum Bartender put my alcohol on the dining credit. I questioned it and he asked the front desk so I guess you can spend it on alcohol. Really makes me wish I had booked a split stay for two credits. :)
Wait what? U can use ur dinning credit as alcohol? What bar was this? And what building do u recommend first time staying there this weekend?

We just had our Third excellent experience at Strong Water Tavern. I had a long conversation with the Sous chef Carlos Costanza, and I will fill you in on the details when I get home from vacation. And I will do a long restaurant view at that time. Strong Water is so impressive, that we will stop by while we are at Portofino Bay. This place is a real "Star".