Sapphire Falls Resort | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

Sapphire Falls Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm in the camp that likes Sapphire more than Cabana (and I have a young daughter. Don't get me wrong, I love CBBR and will most likely stay there again...heck, I really like all the hotels at UOR each for a different reason. It is still hard for me to pick a favorite, but CBBR truly is the 'value' level hotel, but the lazy river, the pools, the adult sippy cups all make it a wonder place to stay (haven't done the bowling alley, but Sapphire has such beautiful touches at ever turn, I just really dig this place!

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
Checked in. It's gorgeous. Omfg the pictures do no justice. Luggage service was so helpful. Check in was a breeze, she was super knowledgable and friendly. Took boat to city walk for dinner at Panda Express. So cheap. My son, wife and I all ate for 22$ which is unheard of at a place like this (albeit it was a Chinese place we have at home) tomorrow is emrils.

Early park for gringotts tomorrow. Never been to diagon alley. We are super excited.

This has been the most stressful year of my life. I got a very high stress management job for a bank that took a lot out of me with short staff issues where I was working 6+ days a week. Then without warning or coaching or teaching-I was fired in July for an operational hiccup that resulted in NO loss to the bank. We thought we had to cancel this trip.

I got an amazing job as a financial crimes analyst 3 weeks later and they were incredible letting us still take paid vacation. I can't explain how much this trip means to us. I flowed tears as I sat on the riverside seating facing toothsome and hard rock. What an amazing time can't wait to be at the parks tomorrow!

I know this should be in trip reports probably sorry!

Checked in. It's gorgeous. Omfg the pictures do no justice. Luggage service was so helpful. Check in was a breeze, she was super knowledgable and friendly. Took boat to city walk for dinner at Panda Express. So cheap. My son, wife and I all ate for 22$ which is unheard of at a place like this (albeit it was a Chinese place we have at home) tomorrow is emrils.

Early park for gringotts tomorrow. Never been to diagon alley. We are super excited.

This has been the most stressful year of my life. I got a very high stress management job for a bank that took a lot out of me with short staff issues where I was working 6+ days a week. Then without warning or coaching or teaching-I was fired in July for an operational hiccup that resulted in NO loss to the bank. We thought we had to cancel this trip.

I got an amazing job as a financial crimes analyst 3 weeks later and they were incredible letting us still take paid vacation. I can't explain how much this trip means to us. I flowed tears as I sat on the riverside seating facing toothsome and hard rock. What an amazing time can't wait to be at the parks tomorrow!

Enjoy your well-earned trip buddy and keep us updated on your fun! :thumbsup:

You my friend deserve this trip. Enjoy and have a blast

Reactions: Porkchop
Thanks everyone!

Day two has been amazing. Went to amatista for our free buffet breakfast. It was delicious. Food was great, the chef walked by and asked how food tasted. Eggs were fantastic. Bacon as well. The quiche was okay. Over cooked. And the gravy for biscuits was bland. All and all for free it was great. The waitress however was unitentive. Didn't refill my drink and was lost it seemed. I think it's due to her asking and realizing we were the free buffet to start. But maybe she was having a bad day.

Took boat to universal around 9am. Rip rocket line was 20 mins. However right before the express line and standard line crossed paths the ride broke down and we got notification it's delayed. We were already sweating but optimistic. It followed with an announcement that it would be a short fix. So we waited and my son did his first upside down coaster! He put his hands up and everything!

Mummy was great. One of my favorite rides of either park. It has everything. Great show scenes. Suspense. Thrills. Fog. Lights. Fire. Fear. Animatronics. It's fantastic.

Gringotts and diagon alley was everything we ever wished for. I was amazed at the detail. The sounds. The smells. The sights was like being thrusted into HP world. Gringotts was a blast. Felt short. But was fun!!!

We finished with lunch at moes. Got a Cletus chicken sandwich of course. Amazing. Then took a slow relaxing boat ride back to sapphire for college football and an awesome pool day!

Dinner at Emrils tonight. Can't wait!!

Thanks everyone!

Day two has been amazing. Went to amatista for our free buffet breakfast. It was delicious. Food was great, the chef walked by and asked how food tasted. Eggs were fantastic. Bacon as well. The quiche was okay. Over cooked. And the gravy for biscuits was bland. All and all for free it was great. The waitress however was unitentive. Didn't refill my drink and was lost it seemed. I think it's due to her asking and realizing we were the free buffet to start. But maybe she was having a bad day.

Took boat to universal around 9am. Rip rocket line was 20 mins. However right before the express line and standard line crossed paths the ride broke down and we got notification it's delayed. We were already sweating but optimistic. It followed with an announcement that it would be a short fix. So we waited and my son did his first upside down coaster! He put his hands up and everything!

Mummy was great. One of my favorite rides of either park. It has everything. Great show scenes. Suspense. Thrills. Fog. Lights. Fire. Fear. Animatronics. It's fantastic.

Gringotts and diagon alley was everything we ever wished for. I was amazed at the detail. The sounds. The smells. The sights was like being thrusted into HP world. Gringotts was a blast. Felt short. But was fun!!!

We finished with lunch at moes. Got a Cletus chicken sandwich of course. Amazing. Then took a slow relaxing boat ride back to sapphire for college football and an awesome pool day!

Free buffet? Howed ya get that?

BTW, is Mad Dog staying here on his current vacation? I cannot recall.

On another note... someone say something about anything. If ya ain't a member, sign up and say something. The silence is deafening today...
I agree is very quiet today, maybe quite a few who post etc have been on holiday now they have the post holiday blues!

BTW, is Mad Dog staying here on his current vacation? I cannot recall.

On another note... someone say something about anything. If ya ain't a member, sign up and say something. The silence is deafening today...

Yeah, if I remember correctly, he was arriving at SF the day I was leaving CBBR.

Reactions: Mad Dog

Thanks everyone!

Hopefully Gringotts didn't give you PTSD from your old job! Glad you guys are having a blast; I love hearing about everyone's first time going to either WWOHP, especially Diagon Alley. I'm bringing 4 newbies for our HHN trip mid-October.

Am at SF now. Stayed a week at Portofino and wanted to give it a try. . It's almost laughable. We stay a lot so we are Loews Platinum and have always had great stays and are not complainers. Booked a Sapphire Suite. Room was not ready as promised, then when we finally got in, some lights don't work,bathroom switches don't work, bathroom plumbing comes loose when you touch it
No pillows for one bed. Can understand it's new and there will be issues but so many and basic issues. So much more I could list but don't want to make this a tirade. Never here again.

Reactions: JoeCamel and Joel
Am at SF now. Stayed a week at Portofino and wanted to give it a try. . It's almost laughable. We stay a lot so we are Loews Platinum and have always had great stays and are not complainers. Booked a Sapphire Suite. Room was not ready as promised, then when we finally got in, some lights don't work,bathroom switches don't work, bathroom plumbing comes loose when you touch it
No pillows for one bed. Can understand it's new and there will be issues but so many and basic issues. So much more I could list but don't want to make this a tirade. Never here again.
Surprising, sorry you ended your stay like this. Did you talk to the front desk? It'll help them work past these issues.

We are at the pool right now. We are in the front row chairs, about 50 chairs from entrance pool, with a Straub mon valley white shirt draped over chair. Stop for a drink if you have a minute.

Stay away from the area where the pool is ankle deep for the crossing, on the Dhrum canteen side.. the DJ sets up there later in the day and blasts music at an unnecessary decibel level.

Reactions: Mad Dog