Sapphire Falls Resort | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Sapphire Falls Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Surprising, sorry you ended your stay like this. Did you talk to the front desk? It'll help them work past these issues.

member: 5123"]We are at the pool right now. We are in the front row chairs, about 50 chairs from entrance pool, with a Straub mon valley white shirt draped over chair. Stop for a drink if you have a minute.[/QUOTE]

Am at SF now. Stayed a week at Portofino and wanted to give it a try. . It's almost laughable. We stay a lot so we are Loews Platinum and have always had great stays and are not complainers. Booked a Sapphire Suite. Room was not ready as promised, then when we finally got in, some lights don't work,bathroom switches don't work, bathroom plumbing comes loose when you touch it
No pillows for one bed. Can understand it's new and there will be issues but so many and basic issues. So much more I could list but don't want to make this a tirade. Never here again.

Did you tell anyone or did they compensate you?

Did you tell anyone or did they compensate you?
After speaking to 3 different people over 3 hours, finally asked for a manager. Just wanted our room so we could get to HHN and get to the holding area. He said he would give us a credit if ,$75. I would have preferred to get in on time. When we did get to the room and saw all the problems, we did not contact him because it was not a one time problem. Non functioning lights, switches plus poorly installed plumbing was not being fixed while we were there. I will outline our experience in the survey they send us.

Went to strong water last night and Chris was incredible waiter. My wife tried a rum old fashioned and I had the other "potent" drinks, I think called something "santzec" or close to it. Had absinthe and rye burboun. Soooo strong and smooth.

Chris let us try a sample milk/tea drink. Was surprisingly delicious. We are going back tomorrow for date night :)

Son rode hulk yesterday for first time. Spider-Man was amazing as remembered. Forbidden journey was so fun for the second time we've ever done it.

Relaxing arcade/pool day if weather holds up. Parents are taking son to science museums tomorrow so the wife and I have a day of fun together. Can't wait !!

We are at the pool right now. We are in the front row chairs, about 50 chairs from entrance pool, with a Straub mon valley white shirt draped over chair. Stop for a drink if you have a minute.

I'm back home now, but I see 'Pittsburgh area'...I always run into folks from PA in Orlando, I assume it is a popular vacation spot for folks from that state, anyway, did you get in yesterday? I had held the elevator for someone yesterday, the misses had a Steelers shirt on...asked me what I thought of her glasses...so I was just wondering if we may have crossed paths.

member: 5123"]We are at the pool right now. We are in the front row chairs, about 50 chairs from entrance pool, with a Straub mon valley white shirt draped over chair. Stop for a drink if you have a minute.
[/QUOTE]
L
I agree, in spite of some if the bad experiences, strong water is great. Even the bar in Amatista is good. Palm for their half price apps at 5, Chocolate
Emporium for dinner. Sadly home tomorrow

I'm back home now, but I see 'Pittsburgh area'...I always run into folks from PA in Orlando, I assume it is a popular vacation spot for folks from that state, anyway, did you get in yesterday? I had held the elevator for someone yesterday, the misses had a Steelers shirt on...asked me what I thought of her glasses...so I was just wondering if we may have crossed paths.

No I always wear a soccer shirt.. Orlando and Myrtle Beach are always Pittsburghs favorite vacation spots.

cool, I just brought it up for I feel there was a story behind those glasses, guess I'll never know. Enjoy you stay!

Man, Sapphire seems hit or miss. I imagine this is a small community compared to the general population of guest so it really does not look good for the number of guest here that have had issues.

I consider myself lucky (and hope it holds out), but any of the staff I talked with certainly seemed Loews level as far as customer service (which is easy to say when I didn't have any issues!

just thought I would share some photos from around SF

29948742955_6af310d544_c.jpg

29655160750_27eb3516fb_c.jpg

29948794975_3261a2307b_c.jpg

29865873211_757685a69f_c.jpg

29322702743_09c98bf73c_c.jpg

29866133601_ac49a5c041_c.jpg

this is from the meeting rooms area

29321796944_2b1de08fcc_c.jpg

cool, I just brought it up for I feel there was a story behind those glasses, guess I'll never know. Enjoy you stay!

Man, Sapphire seems hit or miss. I imagine this is a small community compared to the general population of guest so it really does not look good for the number of guest here that have had issues.

I consider myself lucky (and hope it holds out), but any of the staff I talked with certainly seemed Loews level as far as customer service (which is easy to say when I didn't have any issues!

After 4 days and most of my time consumed with HHN I can say it is OK. Lots of little things stack up in my decision not to stay here again.

I got the introductory price with food credit so it is the same as CBBR family suite which was my other choice this year. New hotel so I bit and while nothing disastrous has happened to harsh my groove it just does not have the "feel" of either CBBR or RPR. I know the pricing will never be this low again.

It looks and feels like it was rushed to open ( well it WAS!). The finishes are just not what I was hoping for, the decorating is sparse so maybe a few years will improve it but being a convention hotel (huge convention areas) I doubt it. A couple of days it would be Ok, I am here 11 nights and wanted a little more than a comfortable bed and hot shower.

If I were planning a stay I would not have any problems comming. Your vacation will not be ruined, just understand that it is not a deluxe at CBBR prices. A perfectly serviceable hotel just not what I want for a theme park stay.

Staff has been helpful, with planning on their part I would not have needed their help at all. Guess I am just not the demo this was built for. Maybe my impressions will change over the next week but I don't see that happening

After speaking to 3 different people over 3 hours, finally asked for a manager. Just wanted our room so we could get to HHN and get to the holding area. He said he would give us a credit if ,$75. I would have preferred to get in on time. When we did get to the room and saw all the problems, we did not contact him because it was not a one time problem. Non functioning lights, switches plus poorly installed plumbing was not being fixed while we were there. I will outline our experience in the survey they send us.

As a hospitality professional, I beg you to address your issues with management prior to your departure. Depending on the hotel brand, some managers live and die based on survey results and a rash of bad reviews can literally get managers fired for not taking care of guests ahead of their departure, even if they're not aware of the issues. Depending on the issues, they may also be able to fix them while you're out at the parks and you don't have to live in misery during your stay.

Reactions: Andysol
I had one of those near perfect stays over the weekend. Even with kids I'm not sure I'll pick Cabana Bay next time (we're local and go a few weekends a year) unless the prices radically diverge.

Reactions: Joel and gbird
Well I will be checking in in about 4 hours, hope all goes good.
I also got the intro rate/food credit. My friend check in Sun.
and it has not gone well with him,room not ready till 7:00 was
his biggest gripe.

Well I will be checking in in about 4 hours, hope all goes good.
I also got the intro rate/food credit. My friend check in Sun.
and it has not gone well with him,room not ready till 7:00 was
his biggest gripe.

Sunday is a tough day to check in because most guests are leaving that day so they have a huge turn around that day. Yes, this shouldn't be an excuse but it seems like that's the case so far; hopefully it's just a case of the new-hotel pains.

Also make sure you check your reservation confirmation email to make sure it says you have the food credit on there; if it does you're all set, but if not I would call now to have them add it on so you don't have to waste time when you get there.

Reactions: graspthesun