SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's a little more diversified than I was thinking, must of just been a coincidence today, (but there is a lot of South American animals on there overall.) I'll keep digging. Thanks!

Reactions: SeaWorldRocks
I know I am in the minority here. I loved SeaWorld for all the animal experiences. To see more and more rides coming is just awful.

The Sea Garden has been an amazing place for Animal Connections. 3 to 4 times a day a group of animals came out where guest could get close, get cool pictures, learn their stories and how they can help. Sometimes you could even pet the animals too. Wonderful people work in the Sea Garden and they love telling the animals story. This was a very special experience. And the smiles you saw on peoples faces was priceless. The Sea Garden does what SeaWorld is all about. Touching the heart to teach the mind. Inspiring people. The sea garden should be untouched and left just the way it is. Continue to inspire people.

Sure Mako is a fine coaster but be honest it does not touch peoples heart or inspire them. Most people go on that coaster to get a thrill ride in. Not to learn something.
I completely agree. Hopefully they will have an animal exhibit nearby with it too. Or, I am hoping if they go with the Sea Rescue theme, they still have the animal interactions in that area throughout the day. I like the rides a lot too, but I don't like them getting rid of the animals to add rides.

Any word on when Kraken will go down yet?

Less than 3 months out now and I'm not sure if my favourite Orlando coaster will be operational or not. There's plenty other options like, but I'd like to know if I will be able to ride it.

In fact....Seaworld seem very lax about all of their 2017 offerings. You'd think they'd want it all done for Spring to get more value for their money.

Rapids would be a nice option for 2018...but fans naturally compare. With Popeye up the road, can they put in the required length and theming to make it seem anything other than a letdown?

I wouldn't want a rapids ride when both competitors have one. I fail to see how that will be much of attendance boost to sea world. I think they should be spending the money on attractions you can only experience at sea world.

I wouldn't want a rapids ride when both competitors have one. I fail to see how that will be much of attendance boost to sea world. I think they should be spending the money on attractions you can only experience at sea world.
Well, they kind of did that with Mako, the only hyper coaster in town. And Antarctica was a swing and a miss, but still the only trackless dark ride of its kind in Orlando. Maybe they should just try a regular 'ol crowdpleaser this time around.

Less than 3 months out now and I'm not sure if my favourite Orlando coaster will be operational or not. There's plenty other options like, but I'd like to know if I will be able to ride it.

In fact....Seaworld seem very lax about all of their 2017 offerings. You'd think they'd want it all done for Spring to get more value for their money.

Rapids would be a nice option for 2018...but fans naturally compare. With Popeye up the road, can they put in the required length and theming to make it seem anything other than a letdown?
That's what I keep thinking about a rapids ride. Popeye is my favorite. They would have to be able to compete with it. If it's as short as Congo at Busch, I will be disappointed. It needs good theming too. I think they should take the Terrace building away, except the lounge unless it is moved somewhere else, because I can't imagine it being a long ride with that there. I'd like to see them keep some of the landscaping and animal areas, maybe for part of a que. But hopefully at least be shaded.

Reactions: UAN17
That's what I keep thinking about a rapids ride. Popeye is my favorite. They would have to be able to compete with it. If it's as short as Congo at Busch, I will be disappointed. It needs good theming too. I think they should take the Terrace building away, except the lounge unless it is moved somewhere else, because I can't imagine it being a long ride with that there. I'd like to see them keep some of the landscaping and animal areas, maybe for part of a que. But hopefully at least be shaded.
Well there is a Sea World with a rapids ride somewhere...I think it's called Shipwreck rapids

Sorry, I haven't the foggiest when Kraken is going down, or for how long. Supposedly they want to re-do the queue, but hopefully they can re-route guests and keep the attraction open during that period (or most of it.)

Reactions: anihilnation
Well there is a Sea World with a rapids ride somewhere...I think it's called Shipwreck rapids
San Diego, and it looks like the same kind of attraction I think we can expect in Orlando, although different theming perhaps. (Which would make sense, since there's some overlap with Shipwreck Rapids and Mako. Both have vehicles traveling through a hole in the side of a boat.)

Shipwreck Rapids Tube Raft Ride | SeaWorld San Diego

Reactions: shiekra38
Sorry, I haven't the foggiest when Kraken is going down, or for how long. Supposedly they want to re-do the queue, but hopefully they can re-route guests and keep the attraction open during that period (or most of it.)

I'm there for the majority of May but I'm resigned to missing out on this occasion. Still Manta and I've not yet been on Mako, so still excited for the coasters

Got a video and photo report up from yesterday. I tried to include as much correct info as I could based on what I've heard, seen, and read what others are saying. Of course it's still early and things can change before any actual construction begins. There's (unfortunately) some things I can't discuss at this time, but if I see anything that matches what I've heard I'll definitely pass it along (and maybe we might even need to start a new thread someday soon. Probably if/when work walls go up within the next few months.)

Full Post: SeaWorld Update: New Attraction Coming to SeaWorld Orlando, Dolphin Nursery Construction and Atlantis Refurb – Orlando ParkStop

Video:

Photo Highlights:

A beautiful day at SeaWorld:
P1090855.jpg

Welcome to the Sea Garden:
P1090785.jpg

P1090822.jpg

Flag Markers:
P1090793.jpg

P1090795.jpg

P1090789.jpg

P1090797.jpg

P1090801.jpg

I tried to get photos of all the educational displays in the garden, for posterity:
P1090799.jpg

I guess I didn't notice, but apparently the Terrace BBQ sign was changed to Terrace Bar months ago:
P1090780.jpg

From what I heard, this building will remain, but I don't know if the inside will remain open during construction:
P1090774.jpg

P1090770.jpg

Continued...

Part 2:

Inside, the Terrace Bar is open, serving beer, soda, and snacks...
P1090763.jpg

The Pass Member Lounge is open as well...
P1090759.jpg

But Terrace BBQ is closed, which explains why it was taken off the sign outside:
P1090762.jpg

P1090760.jpg

Outside, the patio overlooks a beautiful and quiet pond... for now
P1090769.jpg

As much as I’d love a new ride, this was my favorite quiet place to relax in the park, and I’ll miss it:
P1090765.jpg

P1090776.jpg

P1090777.jpg

On the far left of the area, is where Ambassadors were showing animals:
P1090825.jpg

As I said yesterday, it's my understanding that they will continue to bring out animals in front of this area, just outside of the gardens once construction starts
P1090819.jpg

Many of the animals live in the old barn behind this area, where the Budweiser Clydesdale horses used to be. I believe this stable will remain even after the new ride comes, so they can keep their home:
P1090818.jpg

The nearby flamingo pond may remain as well, but all of the surrounding gardens will be turned into a new ride:
P1090812.jpg

Whatever the new attraction will be, it will probably have something to do with conservation:
P1090813.jpg

That's all for now. Will post when I learn anything new or spot any changes.

Last edited:
Part 2:

Inside, the Terrace Bar is open, serving beer, soda, and snacks...
P1090763.jpg

The Pass Member Lounge is open as well...
P1090759.jpg

But Terrace BBQ is closed, which explains why it was taken off the sign outside:
P1090762.jpg

P1090760.jpg

Outside, the patio overlooks a beautiful and quiet pond... for now
P1090769.jpg

As much as I’d love a new ride, this was my favorite quiet place to relax in the park, and I’ll miss it:
P1090765.jpg

P1090776.jpg

P1090777.jpg

On the far left of the area, is where Ambassadors were showing animals:
P1090825.jpg

As I said yesterday, it's my understanding that they will continue to bring out animals in front of this area, just outside of the gardens once construction starts
P1090819.jpg

Many of the animals live in the old barn behind this area, where the Budweiser Clydesdale horses used to be. I believe this stable will remain even after the new ride comes, so they can keep their home:
P1090818.jpg

The nearby flamingo pond may remain as well, but all of the surrounding gardens will be turned into a new ride:
P1090812.jpg

Whatever the new attraction will be, it will probably have something to do with conservation:
P1090813.jpg

That's all for now. Will post when I learn anything new or spot any changes.

They have so many unique plants there, I hope those are saved.

Glad to hear it's open. It's an upcharge attraction though right? Or am I thinking of another park?

With the exit of Blackstone and a new group coming in that certainly will be calling the shots (as the most prominent owner of stock, by far), it will be interesting to see what course the Sea World parks (Sea World parks, BGW, BG Tampa) will now take. My guess is that there will be a "major change" in direction. Blackstone was just there to suck profits out, do limited improvements, and ultimately sell their stake. My guess is the company coming in is actually looking to grow the franchise. They are not primarily an investment group like Blackstone....For all of you Sea World fans, you may well end up having some exciting times to look forward to. :thumbsup::)It certainly can't get as bad as it was under Blackstone control.