SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think they can do the ski shows anymore with the fountains in the water now and the extended concrete stage in front of Bayside Stadium.

As someone with a fear of heights there is not enough for me to do justify spending the money for the admission ticket. The last time I went there I spent more time eating than I did going on any rides. We do go to Knoebels at least once a year though. At least there you only have to pay for the rides that you actually go on. I think I have been to the Orlando parks more then I have Hersheypark despite living a 1/2 from Hershey. I think the direction that SeaWorld should go is to be like the Baltimore Aquarium but with rides. They should provide world class animal exhibits with an equal amount of coasters and family rides. I don't know if they have the land in Orlando for another park but I think building a Sesame Place there would also be good for them. I have no idea why SeaWorld hasn't taken advantage of the Sesame Street ip in Orlando.

There's already a Sesame Street land down I-4 in Tampa. Another one might be overkill.

Another update from Midway:

He's spotted some flag markers near Terrace Bar / Sea Gardens. SeaWorld may be on the verge of building another ride.

I guess if they're gonna be losing animal shows, might as well go all in on thrill rides. I'm not opposed personally. I like coasters and such, and sometimes it's just too far to drive to Busch Gardens, so it's nice to pop into SeaWorld for my coaster fix.

Another update from Midway:

He's spotted some flag markers near Terrace Bar / Sea Gardens. SeaWorld may be on the verge of building another ride.

I guess if they're gonna be losing animal shows, might as well go all in on thrill rides. I'm not opposed personally. I like coasters and such, and sometimes it's just too far to drive to Busch Gardens, so it's nice to pop into SeaWorld for my coaster fix.

Interesting. While I like Busch Gardens,it just doesn't warrant enough for even the short drive. If Sea World became Orlando's themed thrill park,I would be all over that. Sea World is currently all I hold an annual pass too so that would be pretty great!

Interesting. While I like Busch Gardens,it just doesn't warrant enough for even the short drive. If Sea World became Orlando's themed thrill park,I would be all over that. Sea World is currently all I hold an annual pass too so that would be pretty great!
Not to mention, that ever since free beer and the Clydesdale Horses left that top-right corner of the park, there's really not much to do over there anymore. If it weren't for the AP VIP Lounge (and free Coke Freestyle) I may never walk to that section of the park at all.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Not to mention, that ever since free beer and the Clydesdale Horses left that top-right corner of the park, there's really not much to do over there anymore. If it weren't for the AP VIP Lounge (and free Coke Freestyle) I may never walk to that section of the park at all.
Wasn't this one of the reasons Mako is where it is?

You can have a free coke in the passholder lounge?

I was in Seaworld Tuesday and asked about Kraken, they have not been told anything yet as to when the conversion will happen.

After all this time I still have never gone inside the pass member lounge, probably will do soon, since I want to get the plastic passes.
SeaWorld has plastic passes? Now that is something I did not know. About time, all the others have moved to plastic.

They are bigger cups than Epcot free samples though. Like twice as big. I usually get two at a time and no one complains. :)
Yeah they're a fairly reasonable size. You can hang out in the lounge and refill all you want so it's unlimited. I think they use smaller cups to discourage people from just going in and filling up and then carrying it through the park.
Yes, you should be able to get them at the passholder lounge for $5, money goes to a conservation fund I believe.
You can do this at the ticket windows also. I still don't like that they charge you for this, but I did this when I first got my current pass because I figured I would be using it a lot and I definitely have.

Last edited:
Me too. But I'm just excited for anything to show up in that corner of the park (as long as they don't get rid of my free Coke Freestyle.)
I doubt we see the Passholder Lounge going anywhere. SeaWorld San Diego is keeping the whole Hospitality House building for the their new land. It's being gutted and rebuilt with a new gift shop and restaurant though. I'd suspect if this rapids ride comes, or any ride, then the building will stay put, so the Passholder Lounge could stay.

They already have a well themed rapids ride in San Diego. It would be relatively cheap to rebuild here because all the plans are already drawn up, so I hope this does happen. It seems like a pretty decent rapids ride as well. I just hope they extend the theme of Shark Wreck Reef (Mako area) to this area of the park, which they definitely could. It's another ship from the Wreck Reef that the ship from the queue of Mako is in.

Reactions: Scott W.