SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I doubt we see the Passholder Lounge going anywhere. SeaWorld San Diego is keeping the whole Hospitality House building for the their new land. It's being gutted and rebuilt with a new gift shop and restaurant though. I'd suspect if this rapids ride comes, or any ride, then the building will stay put, so the Passholder Lounge could stay.

They already have a well themed rapids ride in San Diego. It would be relatively cheap to rebuild here because all the plans are already drawn up, so I hope this does happen. It seems like a pretty decent rapids ride as well. I just hope they extend the theme of Shark Wreck Reef (Mako area) to this area of the park, which they definitely could. It's another ship from the Wreck Reef that the ship from the queue of Mako is in.

I wonder if they bought a ship and just cut it into pieces for future attractions. Something similar to that ride looks ideal.

That corner of the park could use its own theme. It's separated from Shark's Reef Wreck by a theater, and long walkway. It's actually closer to the kids area than Mako... But this would be a great opportunity for SeaWorld to create an entirely new mini-land based on the new ride, whatever it ends up being.

That corner of the park could use its own theme. It's separated from Shark's Reef Wreck by a theater, and long walkway. It's actually closer to the kids area than Mako... But this would be a great opportunity for SeaWorld to create an entirely new mini-land based on the new ride, whatever it ends up being.
I'd rather they try to continue the one land, or "realm" as they call them. Currently, they have the 7 seas of SeaWorld thing going on with there different lands on the park map, and I'd love for them to continue it.

I have thought about a Shipwreck Rapids ride similar to the one in San Diego too. It would be easy to keep the Shipwreck theme going from Shark Wreck Reef.

If there is another Sky Rocket 2 clone to come, I would think it would eventually go to Orlando. It's compact, which would give SWF another coaster, without taking up much room.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I know I am in the minority here. I loved SeaWorld for all the animal experiences. To see more and more rides coming is just awful.

The Sea Garden has been an amazing place for Animal Connections. 3 to 4 times a day a group of animals came out where guest could get close, get cool pictures, learn their stories and how they can help. Sometimes you could even pet the animals too. Wonderful people work in the Sea Garden and they love telling the animals story. This was a very special experience. And the smiles you saw on peoples faces was priceless. The Sea Garden does what SeaWorld is all about. Touching the heart to teach the mind. Inspiring people. The sea garden should be untouched and left just the way it is. Continue to inspire people.

Sure Mako is a fine coaster but be honest it does not touch peoples heart or inspire them. Most people go on that coaster to get a thrill ride in. Not to learn something.

Reactions: Journey_On
I know I am in the minority here. I loved SeaWorld for all the animal experiences. To see more and more rides coming is just awful.

The Sea Garden has been an amazing place for Animal Connections. 3 to 4 times a day a group of animals came out where guest could get close, get cool pictures, learn their stories and how they can help. Sometimes you could even pet the animals too. Wonderful people work in the Sea Garden and they love telling the animals story. This was a very special experience. And the smiles you saw on peoples faces was priceless. The Sea Garden does what SeaWorld is all about. Touching the heart to teach the mind. Inspiring people. The sea garden should be untouched and left just the way it is. Continue to inspire people.

Sure Mako is a fine coaster but be honest it does not touch peoples heart or inspire them. Most people go on that coaster to get a thrill ride in. Not to learn something.
I am here now and just met a two toed sloth, armidillo and weird lizard in the Sea Garden. It was awesome!

From what I've heard the Animal ambassador area and flamingo pool will survive the construction. This includes the old horse stables still used for animals now.

What I found interesting though is the Terrace BBQ restaurant is closed today. The Passholder Lounge is open and serving food, but the quick service restaurant is closed today, even though hours are listed on sign at the path and in the map. Apparently employees did not expect it to be closed when they came in this morning. Interesting.

Reactions: SeaWorldRocks
I am here now and just met a two toed sloth, armidillo and weird lizard in the Sea Garden. It was awesome!

From what I've heard the Animal ambassador area and flamingo pool will survive the construction. This includes the old horse stables still used for animals now.

What I found interesting though is the Terrace BBQ restaurant is closed today. The Passholder Lounge is open and serving food, but the quick service restaurant is closed today, even though hours are listed on sign at the path and in the map. Apparently employees did not expect it to be closed when they came in this morning. Interesting.
I'm pretty sure the flamingo pool is staying, but I'd say bye to the horse stables and most of the Sea Garden.

A well themed river rapids ride would be a great addition. I do hope they have water elements that can be turned off during the cooler season so that the ride can truly be enjoyed year around. Sea World needs to maximize it limited ride selection.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Screamscape is also saying that it will probably be a river rapids ride, but they claim the theme will be Sea Rescue, which makes a lot of sense with the direction the company is currently going.

SeaWorld Florida
Screamscape sources tell us that the next major new attraction coming to the park in 2018 will be given a "Sea Rescue" theme. According to the rumor the attraction hardware will be a rapids style ride attraction, and the first survey markers for it are said to be visible near the Passholder Lounge area if you look hard enough. Anyone want to go hunt them down and report back?
This is an interesting new development as it seems they have dropped the previously proposed Sea Rescue themed dry dark ride (see below) in favor of a new water ride.

Reactions: Alicia
I didn't know a SeaWorld Rescue jet ski ride had already opened in their Australia park. I love the concept.

img_9046__copy_.jpg

Whoops. Then here is the concept art for San Antonio's opening this summer. :lol:

d787190caeb549ba976adec8bb4325a9_mobile-wb-header-white.png

Screamscape is also saying that it will probably be a river rapids ride, but they claim the theme will be Sea Rescue, which makes a lot of sense with the direction the company is currently going.

SeaWorld Florida
I think they're half right. I'm hearing water ride too. But not sea rescue themed.

I'm pretty sure the flamingo pool is staying, but I'd say bye to the horse stables and most of the Sea Garden.
My sources have said the Animal Ambassador barn stays, flamingo pool stays, Hospitality/Terrace BBQ building stays, and from what I can tell all of Sea Gardens goes, and the walk up to the restaurant is rerouted or changed somehow.

The animal meet and greets are currently happening closer to the main path, and not in the Sea Gardens anyway, so I don't think that will change much during construction -or- after the new attraction opens. These animals need a home, and it's probably easier for SW just to leave their home intact, and build around it, then to kick them out.

Sure, we're losing a pretty rock garden and maybe some nice waterfalls, but what's coming should more than make up for it in theming.

Two-Toed Sloth hanging out in front of the backstage entrance to Animal Ambassador building:
P1090819.jpg

"Please don't take away my home"
P1090821.jpg

His home, not to be destroyed:
P1090816.jpg

Sea Gardens, definitely to be destroyed:
P1090822.jpg

Some of those fish look like survey markers:
P1090793.jpg

Not sure if this tree is marked for death or saving, or maybe just marked:
P1090801.jpg

Bar is open, as well as Passholder lounge, but no more signs for BBQ:
P1090780.jpg

All indications are, this is not going anywhere, but the path may change:
P1090774.jpg

The only thing I'm really going to miss, this quiet relaxing waterfall near the passholder patio:
P1090765.jpg

That's all for now. I'll have video and more pictures up by tomorrow morning.

My sources have said the Animal Ambassador barn stays, flamingo pool stays, Hospitality/Terrace BBQ building stays, and from what I can tell all of Sea Gardens goes, and the walk up to the restaurant is rerouted or changed somehow.

I like your source better. lol the people I know said its all closing and being torn down. That survey markers and flags continue all the way behind the Terrace into employee only area. If you look closely around the entire Sea Garden area you will find a lot of these markings scattered around. They have them between the flamingo and sand hill crane exhibit as well as the oval area with artificial turf close to the barn.

I have talked to several works in the pass member lounge who said that the lounge will be relocated to Wild Arctic area where you currently pet the sharks. So no idea, this is just what I have heard over the last months time. It could be anything until SeaWorld finally announces something.

Thanks for your insights. Appreciate it and great picture of Mila the sloth!!!

Last edited:
I like your source better. lol the people I know said its all closing and being torn down. That survey markers and flags continue all the way behind the Terrace into employee only area.

I have talked to several works in the pass member lounge who said that the lounge will be relocated to Wild Arctic area where you currently pet the sharks. So no idea, this is just what I have heard over the last months time. It could be anything until SeaWorld finally announces something.

Thanks for your insights. Appreciate it and great picture of Mila the sloth!!!
OMG you know the sloth's name! Nice.

The "oval area with the artificial turf" is (I think) going bye bye, as is that entire path on the left leading up to the flamingo pool, but for some reason, flamingo pool stays.

OMG you know the sloth's name! Nice.

The "oval area with the artificial turf" is (I think) going bye bye, as is that entire path on the left leading up to the flamingo pool, but for some reason, flamingo pool stays.

Yeah I know all of their names. I spend a lot of time here and got to know the workers and the animals over the years. Its a favorite area of mine.

Reactions: Journey_On
Yeah I know all of their names. I spend a lot of time here and got to know the workers and the animals over the years. Its a favorite area of mine.
Okay, then I have a question for you. I have a theory.

How many animals do the Ambassadors show in the Sea Garden area, like can you name them all? (Species, not their actual names lol.) What region are those animals all from? Is it all the same, or different. Because today, they were all from the same continent... and that got me thinking....

This is jsut the ones I came up with off the top of my head.

They have a snake and a lizard too but I don't remember what species they are. :(
But let me know if this list confirms what you are thinking.

American Crow (North America)
Aracari (South America)
Crested Caracara (Central and Southern America)
Tawny frogmouth (Australia)
Great horned owl (North, Central and South America)
Opossum (North and South America)
Armadillo (North, Central and South America)
Kookaburra (Australia)
African fish eagle (Africa)
Bald Eagle (North America)
Skink (North America, Australia and Asia)
Pelican (North, Central and South America)
Baby American Alligator (North America)
Eastern Screech Owl (North America)
Sloth (Central and South America)