SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 113 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel like the as a family investment I want a ride that does more with a smaller ride vs less with a larger ride. For example I would way rather have something comparable to space mountain than a slower smaller b&m wing. Part of the reason I consider Tower of terror one of the greatest rides ever made is the fact that it found a way to be thrilling for everyone yet have a low height requirement even compared to other higher height requirement rides. Any park that would nail something like that I think would see huge returns.

Food for thought but with LEGOLand in Sichuan, China looking to invest in it; maybe SWO is wanting to bring a family invert to the park? That could explain why it might be a prototype. Especially if it launches before Merlin's.

moz2vl7podi71.jpg
This would be great, I do wonder if B&M has considered a launch on their inverts

So family launched wing like a cross between this:

and this:

It's possible that B&M sold them two coasters, but I'm still guessing an INTAMIN like the others they are building.

Reactions: shiekra38
Food for thought but with LEGOLand in Sichuan, China looking to invest in it; maybe SWO is wanting to bring a family invert to the park? That could explain why it might be a prototype. Especially if it launches before Merlin's.

moz2vl7podi71.jpg

How and why would you consider a smaller Suspended/inverted coaster a prototype when it's just a smaller version of what already exist? But don't answer that, its rhetorical, especially when this. . .
9681alidbkx91.jpg

and this. . .

4077fffb-01d6-441a-bd78-c9c3eaecee2d.jpeg
already exist lol.

Uh, doesn't the station layout show a normal train size? I doubt this is a wing coaster.
It does, and I doubt it too

The double sided loading would take up a lot of room in here

Also, a fun sit down B&M would be...well...fun lol

But a straddle would be more unique to the park

However, it's possible the straddle got Mako'd and moved down the road :eyes:

Camera technology and digital projectors should make flying theaters cheaper than ever from a content cost. As someone pointed out Legoland with much less attendance can afford a flying theater with custom content.

I hope so much they restore journey to Atlantis. It should be one of the best rides in Orlando. It's so misguided for a park to let any ride of that quality deteriorate because they can't pay for real maintenance.
Yeah but theirs is super janky, and that thing is the worst ride for motion sickness coming second only to Body Wars. Just rode it again during Spring Break, and I really wasn't sure if I was gonna make it.

Reactions: shiekra38
So, you guys have... Let's just say, are getting close to things I've heard. Yes, JTA IS getting a slow massive refurbishment. The effects (Alurua) are coming back, along with using the new exit. As for the previously mentioned flying theater. I'm aware it was something that they considered to replace all versions of the simulator rides
That's good to hear! I was on the ride earlier this week and I was horrified to see just how much worse it's gotten on both the inside and outside, even compared to 2017. Huge sections of rockwork are just missing now with exposed metal beams showing where they used to be; the rockwork that's still there looks more like giant mold spots than rock; stucco and wood sections are visibly warping and rotting away; paint is horribly and unevenly faded with obvious patch jobs that don't match the color at all; even more effects inside are turned off, even the basic lighting and fountain effects; random sections are just totally dark and silent, while others that are actually supposed to be dark are lit by maintenance lights. Ironically, the Allura head that used to lurch out of the wall is now lit up again. Any idea what the timeline is? What's the new exit?

Reactions: SeventyOne
I don’t think it’s a straddle… The plan sheet from the permit shows a station platform with 9-rows of air gates, and the spacing isn’t far enough apart to accommodate a straddle train.

Additionally, doing some rough measurements, the length of the station platform is 60ft, at most. The length of the station platform of Wave Breaker at SeaWorld San Antonio, an 8-row straddle coaster, is roughly 80ft.

I don’t think it’s a straddle… The plan sheet from the permit shows a station platform with 9-rows of air gates, and the spacing isn’t far enough apart to accommodate a straddle train.

Additionally, doing some rough measurements, the length of the station platform is 60ft, at most. The length of the station platform of Wave Breaker at SeaWorld San Antonio, an 8-row straddle coaster, is roughly 80ft.
Well then...we're interested :eyes:

Reactions: SeventyOne

Surely nine rows would suggest Premier?