Shrek 4D - Hollywood | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here is a picture from @b4ben666's Twitter of the Shrek queue.
CAGh30ZUYAATnHA.jpg

It will probably be done any day now. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Say what you will about Shrek 4D, but its nice to see the attraction finally get the proper set up it should've had when it opened.

I can't wait to see the new queue area, however one question did just cross my mind with this recent relocation of Donkey. Will Donkey now be entertaining guests in line for Shrek 4D? While it would be nice, it seems rather odd due to the fact that Shrek & Fiona did photo-op/meet-n-greets with Donkey. So I'm wondering if there will be a separate queue entrance for photo-ops & another for the attraction itself.

Guess we shall find out soon though since those walls will most likely be coming down any day now.

No, Donkey was only briefly in the preshow and has been gone for quite some time.
I guess they were trying out something new, felt so random haha. It didn't work well, in my opinion.

I hope that some more improvements will come to the Shrek facade. The path leading up to it and the queue look nicer, but the actual facade and the show building that sticks out right next to Hogsmeade is an eyesore. I'd love for them to at least paint the faux brick pattern on it.

Or add some cartoonish brick stamped castle spires.

Will Donkey now be entertaining guests in line for Shrek 4D? While it would be nice, it seems rather odd due to the fact that Shrek & Fiona did photo-op/meet-n-greets with Donkey. So I'm wondering if there will be a separate queue entrance for photo-ops & another for the attraction itself.
I don't think Donkey will be talking to guests in the queue, as it'd just stop crowd flow. You'd have a bunch of guests wanting to stand in one chunk of the line to just watch Donkey talking which would end up being a mess. I see either a separate, smaller queue for the meet-and-greet, or just a little nook taken out of the new area where guests can walk up to Donkey if they choose.

Reactions: Wesker69
Things in lines that cause guests to stop & cause gaps.... who would ever do such a thing?... oh right, WDW <_<  stupid interactive queue lines of doom.... although I wont lie, I do like playing the one game in Space Mountain though :ph34r:  

Yea I know show buildings suck donkey (HAH) balls... but unfortunately they are a necessary evil & while some parks manage to hide them well in some way or another, you cant always get around that. Personally, I'm not so worried about Shrek's show building hindering Potter's atmosphere when FJ's show building is massive & awful (Japan is the only park of the 3 that successfully designed WWOHP properly so that you don't really see the show building). While painting the show building for Shrek might seem like a good idea, they'd have to do it really really well otherwise it would just make it worse. Besides, that would be making the least possible effort they could do (which is similar to what Disney did with Expedition Everest's show building)

^ You can partially see FJ's show building from within Japan's Hogsmeade right in front of Hogwarts. Over here, it will only be seen front the Studio Tour bridge, which I don't really see as an issue anymore, as you're "leaving" the theme park behind for the "behind the scenes" tour anyway, so that transition isn't that bad.

....it doesn't "seem" like a good idea to paint/cover Shrek's show building, it just IS. They can easily paint it to match the newly repainted faux stone work on the sides of the building. And the building always had the faux turrets, they can just add a few more up top. It's extremely simple, no way they can make it worse....I believe in Creative.

Agreed, the unthemed portion of the Shrek show building is not decorative, certainly not when compared to Hogsmeade.  But I'm surprised no one has expressed concern about the CityWalk buildings or even WaterWorld.  Won't they all be visible from portions of Hogsmeade?  Can Universal ever plant enough trees to cover that gold-ish office building with reflective windows?  To me that's much more of an eyesore than Shrek. 

HogsmeadeViews_012515.jpg

Agreed, the unthemed portion of the Shrek show building is not decorative, certainly not when compared to Hogsmeade.  But I'm surprised no one has expressed concern about the CityWalk buildings or even WaterWorld.  Won't they all be visible from portions of Hogsmeade?  Can Universal ever plant enough trees to cover that gold-ish office building with reflective windows?  To me that's much more of an eyesore than Shrek. 

HogsmeadeViews_012515.jpg
They will need to build the world's biggest berm haha.

I think the height of the Hogsmeade buildings, facades, and trees will all be tall enough to fully encompass guests from every angle, it's completely immersive. Only place where it might be an issue is while on Flight of the Hippogriff, which is unfortunately inevitable in all the Wizarding Worlds. We'll see, maybe the trees immediately around FotH will be tall enough.

But yeah, some detailed trimmings around just the top of the Shrek building would do wonders. Just SOME effort. It would be so nice if it looked like we're entering a castle in Duloc. The themeing is still a bit of a mishmash, especially closer to the where we enter the building.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JaySalahi