Shrek 4D - Hollywood | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wish they'd paint the rest of the Shrek building in that stone look as well, that pale blue color is such an eyesore. And then at least if you see it from Hippogriff it'll at least look similar to Hogsmeade.

I wish they'd paint the rest of the Shrek building in that stone look as well, that pale blue color is such an eyesore. And then at least if you see it from Hippogriff it'll at least look similar to Hogsmeade.
Yeah, I think they should do that whole side of the wall like Hogsmeade, just so it could blend a bit better. I also hope the wall pathway doesn't stay. Those fake bricks look pretty cheap next to the Wizarding World structures. 

Are the awnings in the extended temporary too?

Because they look even worse than the old blue tent.
If you're referring to the ones in the photo above, I'm pretty sure they're not temporary. The previously zip-tied lighting fixtures have been permanently attached to the frames of the awning, and the awnings themselves seem sturdier and higher quality than the old tent (which was actually white, unless you're referring to something different...).

Reactions: Allen The Actor
No I meant the old awning/tent structure that used to be there in the same spot before the Gibson was torn down. 

This looks like a mess in comparison.

Oh, I think I know what you mean. You make a good point. I wonder why they went for this look as opposed to something more.. Duloc-themed. This new extended queue won't be visible from within Hogsmeade, so I'm not sure why they didn't go that extra mile.

In my opinion, that two-week refurbishment to complete the next "phase" of this redesigned queue was too rushed. The new awnings were barely setup upon reopening, and the new extended portion is quite literally feet away from Hogsmeade construction. They didn't even bother placing walls between the two sites, but instead put chainlink fences with scrims on them.

...and I'm pretty sure they were already there, and it was simply Universal's decision to leave them there. I assume they're waiting for Hogsmeade progress to stretch further down so they'll eventually have a themed wall there, but they could've done something in the meantime.

It's been a big mystery to me how they're going to give Shrek the presence it deserves as a major attraction but keep it distinct from Hogsmeade to which it is very physically, and in broad terms thematically, related.  English setting, castle, lots of stone...very broadly.  Rarely do I take pictures of anything inaccessible from a public area but today I took one and here it is.  I'm tall and it was easy, so maybe that's all it takes for me to abandon my principles.  ;-)

Look at those very low, very curvy walls.  They appear to be planters but they take up quite a bit of room.  I think that once we see trees or new signage installed we are very close to seeing the construction walls coming down exposing this area and my mystery will be solved.  Until then I'm still mystified. 

Regular trees doesn't feel like it would adequately distinguish Shrek from Hogsmeade.  A regular sign like they used to have feels too been-there, done-that.  Maybe fairy tale-style topiaries of Shrek and Fiona?  Statutes?  Assuming the Hogsmeade exterior wall will have trees planted around it acting not only as separation of the two IP's, but backdrop to this area of Shrek's entry for everyone coming into the park, what do you think will make Shrek stand out but not conflict with Hogsmeade?

Shrek%20Entry_013115.jpg

It's getting almost exactly what was rendered in the Palm Tree walkway to Potter. Some planters, and a notch for the Donkey cart. 

uni-plaza-rendering-revised.jpg

Last edited:
This makes sense.  Exit Shrek close to Shrek building.  Enter Shrek close to Potter.  Inbetween is Donkey cart and character meet n' greets.  With the proper landscaping I can totally see this working with those low walls I saw.

Big thanks!

Hard to believe that's for Shrek! Almost looks like an extended queue to get into Hogsmeade.

Either way, looks nice!

I will say this again though....I wish they took this time to do the ridiculously simple but important task of covering or masking the Shrek show building. *sigh*

This Could be for both Harry potter and shrek. They could make this the place where you return when your fast pass like ticket is ready on busy days for Harry Potter.

Reactions: JaySalahi
That brings up a good point. I could be wrong, but could this be multipurpose? I can't tell what the exact layout is of this new queue, but given the amount of extended queue in the very back wedged in between Potter construction and the old Shrek theater entrance, I'd assume there are days when the queue they're constructing now won't be needed for Shrek at all. This could just be a misconception based on the slower crowds we're having for the moment.

Those who have walked in the new mini-plaza between Pink's, Production Central, and the future entrance to Hogsmeade may notice that there are holes in the cement that are temporarily filled with those small metal caps, meaning they're eventually going to be used for a makeshift queue. Potter is the only logical explanation, but will that makeshift queue connect to the queue being constructed next to Shrek at all..? Maybe I'm overthinking.