Shrek 4D - Hollywood | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also, is this donkey in the preshow interactive in that he talks to audience members personally or is it all scripted/prerecorded?

Great to hear! Makes visiting the attraction much more tolerable (no offense). I was going to just walk the queue in my next visits to just take Potter pictures but I guess I'll have to stick around for the pre show too (maybe somehow leave once the actual show starts).

Donkey in preshow was a bit odd.  It did offer entertainment, but it also takes up a lot of real estate inside the preshow room.  There were employees in the room with him (not themed ride operators) monitoring the new addition and I can only guess making sure all goes smoothly.  Donkey is only speaking during the loading of the room.  If you walk in towards the end of the load, you miss him altogether.  I think they tried to mesh this together, but I need some convincing.  This feels alot like V.I.C.

And Donkey is no longer available at the waffle cart outside the attraction which I think is a mistake.  I can imagine we will see this revised.

I think until the construction calms down and there's room for the Waffle Cart on the Shrek side of the street, it might be wiser for crowd flow that he moves inside. Based on that rendering from the events website posted a few months back, the cart will be right next to the entrance (look to the very left of the picture).

xjQXz0N.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed, we have seen that addition to the side of Hogsmead entrance.  It looks ripe for Donkey.  I hope it is, I don't really care for him inside the theater.  Its an annoyance.

If you look at the aerial posted a few weeks back, the Shrek queue is being built and there's still a respectable patch of land for Hippogriff tucked back there. It's going to be tight just like Japan and Florida right next to Forbidden Journey so the path out of the exit shop will be a pinch point.

ViWSrVd.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Aaron
So it looks like some of the old extended queue wasn't used, and the support beams seem to indicate that this part at least is permanent. Crazy how you at one point basically going into Wizarding World... this is happening now in 2014. Man if only USH got thru to WB on a technicality and was able to sell Butterbeer in that location.

Excited to see what they come up with as a more permanent entrance.

Reactions: William
I somehow believe this is going to be a unique hybrid building for the Shrek queue.  It will look like WWoHP on the outside, but inside it will be Shrek themed for the queue.  Hippogriff has plenty of space.

Reactions: JaySalahi
The fact that they went with pines for foliage suggests a lot. Also, I can't imagine that eyesore of a show building with that weird protrusion making it twice as tall as necessary won't get a paint job or even a facade refacing.