Shrek 4D - Hollywood | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm still at work, but I wanted to drop in a tiny bit of info. For one, this is just phase 2 of the project for Shrek. Another thing is the loading process is going back to the way it used to be years ago (going through the back queue). I can't tell you exactly, but a change has come to the preshow, a positive one, IMO.

As for going through the back, do you mean they saved the old extended queue tent or do you mean we'll just be entering through the original entrance again?

As for this being "just" Phase 2, is that assuming or knowing there will be a Phase 3 in redoing the attraction?

As for going through the back, do you mean they saved the old extended queue tent or do you mean we'll just be entering through the original entrance again?

As for this being "just" Phase 2, is that assuming or knowing there will be a Phase 3 in redoing the attraction?
Yes, the original entrance is to be used again. And correct, there are apparently four phases in total, so we've got two more to go.

My guess, is 3rd phase is the reopening of the area behind walls still to the right of the new entrance and phase 4 is the actual new entrance that will open with the Palm Tree Walkway on the right side of the street to the new round plaza that opened with Production Central.

That's really cool! Very cute addition!

Not exactly sure it makes any sense though. What on earth is Donkey doing in Farquad's dungeon? He's supposed to be with Shrek and Fiona helping them get to their honeymoon hotel...

Does he only interact before the original preshow starts, or does he talk along with the regular preshow? Any other noticeable changes?

Also ridiculously crazy how now we can TOUCH the backside of Hogsmeade from Shrek! Wow...haha

Reactions: Chris
^ He talks before the preshow.

As for the thematic issues, I'm willing to let that slide when you consider the transition from the dungeon to Lord Farquaad's plush theater.

By the way....for the Donkey in the preshow now, is it the same interactive Donkey from the meet and greet? If so, it's not an animatronic, it's a puppet.
It's the same interactive donkey, which is both an animatronic and a puppet. There are about 5-7 voice actors/improv actors who play donkey. I got to see them all in action the other day, it was very cool.