Shrek 4D - Hollywood | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think that's a permanent pole that's meant to support a sign. Think back to the Studio Tour markers that used to delineate Gate A apart from the usual entrance.

That vertical orientation is its design.

Last edited by a moderator:
In case you aren't keeping up with the Orlando United rumors, Soarin' Over Fallon is supposedly replacing Twister. A Star Trek multi-sensory show is to replace Shrek as well in Florida. I know we're talking about the distant future over here, I could see either one of those two replace Shrek.

Apparently it's a New York City flythru sim with Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey hosting. Some say the building will be turned into 30 Rock and the queue will be a "tour" through there with lots of musion effects (thru the Tonight Show and SNL stages), and then the ride.

If Universal does this it'll be a bit uncomfortably like Disney in the 90s, in which Eisner was trying every grubby way to keep people on property. I mean, flat out ripping off Soarin is a bizarre choice, synergy aside.

^ William was just quoting Freak. They're not actually going to call it Soarin' Over Fallon lol. Orlando fans just dubbed it that. I still have a hard time imagining this...haha. Maybe it'll be cool, but I don't see them having space for a ride system. Like, screen, maybe. But ride system?

Anyway, I hope they'll improve our Shrek exterior.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping they give it a.. "hybrid" treatment, for lack of a better word. Give it a generic medieval feel without plastering big "Shrek" signs everywhere, so that whether you're walking through Hogsmeade or the Shrek 4D queue, it'll still thematically make sense. It seems inevitable at this point that we'll see portions of Shrek's tall show building from within Hogsmeade.

They're repainting the facade to give the bricks the same look and color as Hogsmeade. No refacing or retexturing.

Last edited:
Reactions: William