Shrek 4D - Hollywood | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I guess that could be possible. I just know that no matter what, guests are going to see a forested area with Hogsmeade behind it and think that it's the entrance to the Wizarding World. Hopefully they bring back the old Shrek sign (but make it a bitshorter so we don't see it in Hogsmeade..!).

^ Not over thinking at all. Japan had a similar set up, they have this whole little forest queue where you pick up a return time before even entering Hogsmeade. Maybe this is it?

It just....seems a bit too big to be for Shrek, and too prominent of a location for something that will essentially be on the chopping block 100% eventually.

I think most of what we see in that picture is extended queue/return time queue for the land, and then a tiny sliver of it is simply a new entrance for Shrek. Especially with the new queue structure behind Shrek, I think it's unnecessary to have such a large queue up front for Shrek.

Well, it looks like our questions may have been answered..! Photo courtesy of IU's Twitter:

16417316039_174309bcc8.jpg

Looks like I was right about the sign.

Well, it looks like our questions may have been answered..! Photo courtesy of IU's Twitter:

16417316039_174309bcc8.jpg

Looks like I was right about the sign.
Haha yeah :) I bet this will all be open in a few weeks with Springfield. Also weren't there pictures taken yesterday with the walls in front of the whole fast food blvd and guests routed through the ses queue?

Last edited by a moderator:
That REALLY looks like the original Shrek 4D sign to me! Really looks identical. They probably kept it, restored it, and put it back up. Makes sense though, it was a great sign, no reason for a new one! Unless I'm mistaken.

Either way, I'm guessing the entrance will start at the Shrek sign and go directly towards the new queue that's on the side of the building. I think the extra foresty queue will be used for Wizarding World or time returns.

Here are some photos I took of Shrek yesterday:

16007253264_1d0ce3dff8_z.jpg

The new sign standing among the fresh landscaping.

16007290004_57f57ce09f_z.jpg

Well, maybe not new. This closer view of the sign makes it appear as though it's the same one that stood in front of the Nickelodeon Stuff store three years ago.

16628792902_f9cb8e6a57_z.jpg

Further down the makeshift queue, the new exit zone is complete. The rather short stone walls and small juniper trees hint at what we may be seeing behind the walls.

16010340783_b6fbd8a15e_z.jpg

Lastly, the old crests/shields/tapestries have returned. They appear, to me, to be darker. Maybe they've just been touched up.

16007290004_57f57ce09f_z.jpg

Well, maybe not new. This closer view of the sign makes it appear as though it's the same one that stood in front of the Nickelodeon Stuff store three years ago.
Seems like they just flipped the sign haha.

Shrek-4D_honeymoon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: William
I like how they brought back the new sign but I don't like how you can see it right when you enter the park. It's cooler to see Hogsmead. Not hogsmead and one of the worst attractions in the park.

Well, its point is to draw guests in as they're walking to Hogsmeade. As long as I can't see Donkey's head staring at me from within Hogsmeade, I'm all for the big sign. The more guests they can pull off the streets, the better.

Absolutely. Even compared to Shrek's original queue, this is an insane improvement. When you compare neon green switchbacks under blue tarps to quaint stone pathways complimented by lush greenery, there's no competition.

I think the end result will look great. Shrek's growing pains might've been a necessary evil to achieve the final product, but I think it'll be worth it.

It's absolutely an improvement. I'm also not a big fan of the big green sign being visible right as you walk in, as I clashes with Hogsmeade and the art deco entrance, but it's a necessary evil I support because as William mentioned, it will grab guest's attention and pull them off the street into the attraction. I really love the new stone pathway. I just hope they slightly improve the very visible show building. Otherwise yes, it's absolutely an improvement.

I hope they add some more signs or details as you enter through the original "Dulac" entrance, which is rather plain.

As much as I hate Shrek, the new entrance does look great. I would rather they wait longer for a substantial replacement to maximize the space...like a dark ride. For now, it looks swell.