Shrek 4D - Hollywood | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
After seeing the elegancy of the new Lower Lot arch standing just before the StarWay, it seems as if they want to give any remaining "general" areas of the park an Art Deco look. I wonder how they'll tackle the mediocrity of our Duloc façade.

Maybe it'll just be a return to the original esthetic and look of the old queue, just reworked for the new size of the queue? Afterall, I'd think it would have to blend in with the Duloc castle "facade" on the outside of the building. I'm just crossing my fingers it'll be nice...

The entirety of Shrek's queue has always been outdoors, which I find pretty lame. Why not expand the theater by creating a themed indoor queue, and rid the park of the eyesore that is makeshift switchbacks and the "tent of fun"?

Reactions: Allen The Actor
THAT would be amazing! Essentially make it a "theatre lobby" for the attraction. That would even further add to that idea I had of making Shrek 4D into a fancy Broadway themed flex space theatre.

I doubt that would happen though...if Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, a brand new ride, has most of its queue outside in a plain blue switchback queue, I doubt they'd do that for Ol' Man Shrek. Lol

Reactions: William
The chunk of land spanning from Shrek 4D all the way to Cartooniversal is really the last step in creating unity around Universal Plaza (aside from Hollywood Grille). The path leading to WaterWorld can be created into another mini-land, but everything sitting adjacent to the Universal Plaza tower should eventually be Art Deco-themed. I'm obsessed with that idea, if you couldn't already tell.

My point being, once Shrek has had its run, its replacement must be something that'll wipe out the entire block (and then some).

Reactions: Allen The Actor
I would love for that to happen eventually. And look how much room there is! And that's just with how it is now. If it was all torn out, it could be made bigger and taller!

whxmdc.jpg

Yup! It absolutely can. I mentioned that either in this thread earlier or another. It's almost the size of the T23D building, and that's as is. Imagine if they demolished everything in the outline I made and built from scratch. They could have a nice sized attraction!

Reactions: William
heres a idea; it becomes the NBCUniversal experience. Not kidding; change the preshow room to a full-blown museum of Universal props, cars, and the theatre becomes a new Flex-theatre where it would usally play Universal movies, Summer would bring Action/family films, October would bring two styles, family films and during HHN hours, classic horror movies and then for Winter, Lorax and Grinch with the classic Grinch as well. and hell, Potter could wrap into the building and during the summer, that venue gets used and plays all the Potter movies. it would just become a hangout spot but a place for your children to relax.

That's too huge of a space to become a new NBCUE...id rather they put a new attraction there. Not a bad idea, but I'm crossing my fingers that it gets incorporated into the new House of Horrors replacement eventually, or a different location in the park, such as take over the flex FEATURED store, Hollywood Grill, and a few neighboring stores. That would be a great location, especially since THE Studio Store is expanding on the other side anyway.

Why do I have the slightest feeling that this 'refurb' is enough time to revamp the façade and shorten the outdoor line a bit? they could be doing the Palm tree walkway more like that concept art from Universals site.

I wonder...does anyone even visit Shrek anymore?
Actually yes. Still rated high with guests. Probably because A. Shrek is still a popular and well made franchise, despite being a crappy attraction, and B. One of the only family friendly attractions.

I wish Shrek was a ride.

I'm with you Allen. and I love your idea of a multi-use venue. That is a very well equipped theater space with a large backstage and a huge fly gallery.
Thanks! I hope it eventually happens. A huge amount of possibilities!

They're stripping the facade a little and the tent is gone. They also started working as the night has started so they're definitely going to work nonstop to get this queue done if that is what they're doing.