Shrek 4D - Hollywood | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Went with William on Shrek yesterday for the first time in a long time....and experienced the hall of fun! One side of the hall was themed with the blue brick pattern and Shrek wanted posters, but it also had random LED lights. It was kind of odd but I sure do hope they figure out something with Shrek eventually.

But it was interesting to see that guests still REALLY enjoyed it. Especially the cheap 4D thrills haha. I wish Shrek was a ride, as I love the story and characters.

And the preshow is actually fantastic IMO.

A Twitter user spawned this idea: what if Shrek is indeed going, and the main purpose of the recent modifications is to keep the venue itself running. Run that along Allen's idea of a refurnished theater and let's see what sticks.

That'd be fantastic. Just have it be a multipurpose flex theatre. A 3D ride film like Shrek, be a 3D preview screening theatre for the latest Universal movie (kind of like what Disney has been doing the past few years and most recently with Maleficent and Guardians of the Galaxy), stage shows (for Halloween Horror Nights or alternate versions of outside shows for days with bad weather), and private and corporate events. Theme it to a generic but very highly detailed themed art deco New York/Los Angeles theatre and you're set!

Reactions: Bonkers
Oh, please, just redo it all. When you're inside the theater, that newly constructed hallway sticks out like a hideous sore thumb. I think a multipurpose theater would be awesome, but not until there's some major revamp work.

30mondv.png

Good!

Its been pretty obvious for well over a year now that Universal has no intention of removing Shrek before 2016. So giving it a permanent and presentable queue is the right way of doing things. If Universal plans on a "re-launch" of this park, you can not have Shrek's queue looking the way it does today.

And as much as I would love to see Shrek go, the park is going to need all the capacity it can get, so keeping it around for a few more years is a good thing.

They are really making an effort to keep this thing here. Just put it out of its misery and change it to something else! If they're so determined to rid the park of the hodgepodge feel, then keeping Shrek is a step in the wrong direction.
I totally agree with you, but I think Universal just needs the capacity at this point. Like....so damn bad. AND it's family friendly. So it makes sense to keep Shrek for a while longer. Trust me...it'll be necessary. We'll look back on this thread in 2016 and say "wow....thank god USH kept Shrek for a while. It's packing 40 minute waits."

And if USH implements a Return Time system to enter Wizarding World (they will, since they mentioned it in a survey I took about the Wizarding World and future pricing. For a while we won't be able to just enter the land at anytime), it'll be nice to have an attraction next door for folks waiting for Potter.

But long term, I'd like to see SES become a new attraction, and Shrek become the new SES/Fancy Flex Space Theatre.

I heard some rumors about them making an extended queue space behind the building so they can use it for HHN in the future. Has anyone else heard this or can see if there's any truth to this? If you look on the earth maps, you can see that there's still some space next to the building and right behind Cartooniversal for something like that.

I heard some rumors about them making an extended queue space behind the building so they can use it for HHN in the future. Has anyone else heard this or can see if there's any truth to this? If you look on the earth maps, you can see that there's still some space next to the building and right behind Cartooniversal for something like that.
It's a tiny space, mostly as a dining area for employees.

When was the last time it was down for that long? I hope that they do some small updates in that time, even if it at least means an updated projection system or something. Do you think they'll start on the new rumored queue and facade at that time as well?

I really hope they update the attraction at least slightly....it's ridiculously mediocre now and out dated, and if they wanna keep it around longer to help with Potter crowds, they should at least slightly upgrade the experience. Larger screen, more sophisticated D-Box style seats, more 4D effects, etc. It would help satisfaction in the long run. Shrek has a terrific preshow though.

What pains me is that to fix it for the remainder of its life span would be so simple. Disney created better temporary attractions to advertise their recent movies than Shrek has been for a while. Such a pity. It wouldn't take much to update it just a tad to make it not seem so abysmal next to Wizarding World lol.

Oh well. No one is forcing me to visit it. Last time William and I went on it, I only wanted to so I can see the Hallway of Fun in person. Lmfao.