Site Responsiveness | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Site Responsiveness

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Same here.

Also today I had something weird happen where I replied somewhere and it popped up a that window asking if I wanted to leave the page (you know the one you get if you're writing or editing something and try to close or navigate away from that page?) so I did and it went to the editor, but it had also actually posted what I wrote, but I didn't know that, so from the editor I clicked to post, and it posted it again :shrug:

- - - Updated - - -

Same here.

Also today I had something weird happen where I replied somewhere and it popped up a that window asking if I wanted to leave the page (you know the one you get if you're writing or editing something and try to close or navigate away from that page?) so I did and it went to the editor, but it had also actually posted what I wrote, but I didn't know that, so from the editor I clicked to post, and it posted it again :shrug:

EDIT: HA! The same thing just happened to me now as I clicked Post Quick Reply! (The window popped up) But this time it didn't take me to the editor, it just posted what I wrote twice! (and I only clicked once, I promise)

iWkjJuS7ADPHs.png

Last edited:
It's the server, either a popular virtual server that has too many users visiting one of the domains hosted or the server itself is crapping out. It isn't the software, at least, directly.

When I try to enter the Orlando United forums from both of my home computers, it saids this site ahead contains malware. What is that about. I'm typing this through my phone.

I tried to get on using Chrome and I do get past the Malware page by clicking "Advanced" and then "Proceed at your own risk" ... but then I get the malware page every time I go to a new page. IE will have to do for now, and it is working fine on IE... but I hate IE... Google needs to HURRY! :wave:

The forums should now be usable. This is just my guess of how things went down. This warning came up yesterday so the forums were taken down in order to trying and resolve it. Then as a result of the forum had to be taken back to the 25th. In order to delete the issue which was causing the forums to go crazy. You can tell its fixed now as before large groups of text had become hyperlinks, point to I don't know where, as I didn't want to find out, by following them.

Chrome and firefox display this warning whenever they come across a site with malware or links to malware, even if it has nothing to do with that site exactly. We just need to wait for their bots to revisit the site and it will be back to normal. IE is different as there are hardly any security features in it.

To make a long story, short:

We were hacked through our FTP server by brute force and the jerkface re-wrote some of the files to include a hidden iframe that linked back to a malicious site. So we weren't the host of the malware, but a link back to it...

Anywho, we reset everything back to square one and took measures to ensure it doesn't happen again. Google still has us listed due to the issue coming to the forefront last night, and we have already submitted the request to recheck it since it is all clear. So yes, expect Chrome to still say "WARNING" until we finally clear their waivers.

I'm using Chrome, and everything is now working completely again.

Great to see everything back to normal. Felt a little weird not being able to get on this site for a day when I'm so used to it.

Have the forums gone back in time? I swear I had replies to a post I now no longer do.