Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not it's not. It's short yes, but it's big and features multiple elements. In that case, Top Thrill Dragster is half a coaster too...so is El Toro

Bro, El Toro is 1,300 ft longer than Goliath. For a ride of Goliath's size it should have been at least another 600-800 ft longer than it is. Proportions matter, they did the same thing to Full Throttle. Hershey Park is another park that builds sizable rides (in terms of height) and cuts their length way shorter than they should be, I'm assuming for budgetary issues. Dollywood and Silver Dollar City are also great examples.

My point all along has been that Six Flags has been going the cheap route with the majority of their rides the past 10 years and I don't see that business model changing for SFMM. I'll be the happiest guy on this forum if it's announced tomorrow that they're breaking the cycle and building a full-length roller coaster worthy of a park the size of Magic Mountain, but until then I'll stick with what the past has shown us and not get so worked up about it. I just don't want ya'll to be too disappointed when it's not what you wanted it to be, that's all.

If this is real, it looks to cost 20+million. But...it is SFMM's 20th coaster, and this would be the year to go all out considering their 365 day schedule and what the competition is doing as well. SF has a good relationship with Premier who could build a ride like this for far cheaper than Intamin or Mack.

If it's fake, it's fake. We're grown ups , we'll get over it. (It's not like we won't know for sure in less than 24 hours anyway). But if it's real, I'm in love!

Getting to do the Full Throttle top hat without brakes down the other side...

Last edited:
If it's what the leak suggests, I fully expect them to market it the hell up as The Jump to 21. I wouldn't even be shocked if one of the new food offerings is adult bevs themed to this coaster too, just to make the joke count.

Reactions: Magic-Man
We're in the home stretch now!

This year's announcement has been truly an exciting "roller coaster" of emotions. I'm kinda sad to see it end. Lol

If we get something YUGE for next year, I wouldn't mind a small project for 2020 such as refurbing Viper, hell I would even be content with a repaint of Tatsu.

So apparently the leaker of the "video" has confirmed it was homemade and pure speculation on their part.
Eh....not surprised. Knew it was too close to Full Throttle to be true. Oh well. HAVE WE NOT LEARNED FROM THE LAST "LEAK" ON REDDIT!?!?! C'mon guys! :p

But that makes tomorrow even more interesting. I'm sticking to my guns on Screamscape. I think Premiere was teasing SFGA's coaster, Max Force. RMC Dueling raptors here we come!

Reactions: Dhdhddh
The big day is finally here!

So does anyone know where I can watch the announcement? I know it's at 9 pm, but not sure if the park will live stream it or what.