Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Too lazy to post a link because I'm on mobile, but I'm very impressed with the tease that Sally put on for the Justice League dark ride. They showed the Joker animatronic and the spinning ride vehicle. This looks like it potentially may be as high quality, if not more so, as MIB. If SFMM doesn't even consider it after it opens in Dallas and St. Louis, I'll be quite disappointed. I think it would be a big hit for SFMM.

Even with the R&D costs eradicated, SFMM would have to be tasked with constructing a show building, and installing the actual ride itself. From what I'm aware of on operations for that park, they aren't willing to go that far.

Here is the video from Theme Park Insider.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/KnacRe5y1lw?feature=oembed
Completely agree with Freak. Wow!! When the video started I thought the Cyborg animatronic was actually a guy in a costume. Seriously the animatronics are amazing. Hopefully, this a hit for Six Flags so that they can bring it to Magic Mountain. This is something that park needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe this is a test seeing how the crowd reaction is and that in 2016, say goodbye to the facades next to GL and welcome JL:BFM to compete with WWoHP and all the 2016 SoCal offerings as it isn't just going to be that they're the winners automatically.

That actually looks amazing! Like, seriously amazing!!!!! And will possibly one of the best rides ever. So, it has Disney quality super fluid animatronics, it's gonna have 4D effects and 3D projections, an enhanced motion ride vehicle, mixed with shooting & points! This is gonna beat the hell out of the new Iron Reef ride. I hope this comes to California eventually and that more theme parks will make make rides that combine all elements of what makes rides amazing.

Kudos, Six Flags....

That actually looks amazing! Like, seriously amazing!!!!! And will possibly one of the best rides ever. So, it has Disney quality super fluid animatronics, it's gonna have 4D effects and 3D projections, an enhanced motion ride vehicle, mixed with shooting & points! This is gonna beat the hell out of the new Iron Reef ride. I hope this comes to California eventually and that more theme parks will make make rides that combine all elements of what makes rides amazing.

Kudos, Six Flags....
This ride is perfect for SoCal. I don't see any reason why SFMM should not want this. It's VERY easy to market (Batman and Superman: 4D SHOOTING RIDE!!! Not to mention the JL movie), this would be high-quality enough for the market, and it would expand their audience at SFMM. Plus, it gives people a break from the coasters. I think this would be a BIG hit at SFMM.

There's a werehouse RIGHT behind the Wonder Woman's Lasso and behind the Gotham city facades. They could expand it out slightly and it would fit perfectly in there. They would save $$$ on permit costs. C'mon SFMM, put this in! I will be highly impressed if they do this ride over here. If two parks that are only open for Spring and Summer can do this, I don't see why a year-round park like SFMM wouldn't consider it.

Only reason I think SFMM won't add it:

They're satisfied with their current roster of only roller coasters and the clientele wouldn't change much with one dark ride. And it would cost more than probably 2 coasters. Just guessing. It'd be awesome though.

Only reason I think SFMM won't add it:

They're satisfied with their current roster of only roller coasters and the clientele wouldn't change much with one dark ride. And it would cost more than probably 2 coasters. Just guessing. It'd be awesome though.
Again, if two parks that are only open during Spring and Summer can afford a big dark ride like this, I don't see why SFMM, a year-round park that has the biggest attendance of any Six Flags park per year, should pass this up. I know Bonnie, the "Ice Queen", who was responsible for giving us the bland Full Throttle plaza, is no longer in charge. Hopefully that will give us a fair shot at getting this.

BTW, am I the only one who thought that their announcement blew Iron Reef out-of-the-water? ;)

Well, SFOT gave a sneak peak at Justice League and I'm impressed with what I see. SFMM would greatly benefit from a ride like this. Its a shame that the current management doesn't seem to want a dark ride.

From Sally Corp's page: https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLS61ayeGT_nY4Pn8GrtS2CGv2DTLMTcf1&v=GCBublffSFA&feature=youtu.be

Reminds me a little bit of Spiderman.
If SFMM does decide to build this, Knott's will be crapping their pants, as this will make Iron Reef look insanely awful.

Right now it looks unbelievable for Six Flags (seriously this is looking near Universal/Disney quality), but I think the real test would be upkeep. This is a kind of ride that can be easily ruined by lack of proper daily maintenance.

I can't post links (Someone fix that please) but, FOX2 saint Louis was at SFStL earlier yesterday previewing JLBFM and again; Amazing work being done and heres the interesting thing...The two attractions are "Prototypes" for the company. I wouldn't count SFMM out of the races to get it next year if this is successful for both parks and it'd be the way to compeat with Potter more than plopping down a coaster at Deja Vus old spot.