Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

So the future of the Sky Tower is just looking bleaker and bleaker. Being told that there are upcoming petitions for potential removal if an agreement isn't reached to upkeep the ride alongside Tatsu's refurbishment.

So the future of the Sky Tower is just looking bleaker and bleaker. Being told that there are upcoming petitions for potential removal if an agreement isn't reached to upkeep the ride alongside Tatsu's refurbishment.
Well that's a real shame. Would be nice if they could replace it with a new icon for the park. At least maybe a Sky Screamer or something.

I really want them to reopen it! But if its just going to sit there for years to come then just replace it with a red skyscreamer.

Last edited:
SkyScreamer would also be impossible considering Tatsu's wrap around the current sky tower + terraforming for a stronger foundation of a ride that could actually support the ride. And also it seems like SF is just done with those.

Went to the park today, and JL is back open again. Once you get past the main doors out front, they are not currently using the two pre-show rooms. They also made an announcement that masks were required indoors as we entered.

And can also confirm that the entire Metropolis area (Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman) is completely behind walls due to the upcoming Wonder Woman coaster construction.

Went to the park today, and JL is back open again. Once you get past the main doors out front, they are not currently using the two pre-show rooms. They also made an announcement that masks were required indoors as we entered.

And can also confirm that the entire Metropolis area (Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman) is completely behind walls due to the upcoming Wonder Woman coaster construction.
Finally. It’s about time they shut down the preshow rooms. They should’ve been optional from the start.

I find it interesting that some of the supports for Tatsu are not fenced off like on Full Throttle. What is to prevent someone from going up those slanted ones. And I'm sure they will be scratched with graffiti soon.

I find it interesting that some of the supports for Tatsu are not fenced off like on Full Throttle. What is to prevent someone from going up those slanted ones. And I'm sure they will be scratched with graffiti soon.
You'd be surprised how many plants have been scratched with graffiti on that trail going from Viper to Rapids Camp Crossing. I'm sure that "Oscar Loves Debbie" scratching on one of the plants is still there.

If they removed it, on one had, I'd be pretty bummed. It was one of the very few flat rides they had it the park, suitable for a wide variety of ages, and was practically one of the original rides in the park.

On the flip side, it was practically one of the original rides in the park, and as such, was about 40-50 years old. Same for Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth, but I suppose there's not as many moving parts to maintain as that had... so I figured it's number was up soon.

That said, being down yet another flat ride when they barely have any to begin with... I really hope they put in some other flat ride, even if it's just a more modernized version of the same ride. I'm guessing they may, based on the fact they kept the main building up. Hope springs eternal. A pic of the ride as it originally looked as a Musak Express as the bottom right pic, from a souvenir book I owned as a child.IMG_2539.JPG

(12/18/21) We hinted at this last week, but I’m hearing that big changes are starting to happen to the management structure at Six Flags, both in the corporate office as well as at the theme park level. All of this seems to be coming down from a restructuring plan from the new CEO who is of the belief that there are too many layers of management in the company, and has set forth a new plan to streamline everything. Unfortunately i’m not sure if this will involve some lay-offs at the management level, or if this is more of a restructure with positions being moved around, or perhaps a little bit of both.
One thing that was implied to Screamscape was that the new management structure may actually be more reminiscent of how Six Flags was run decades ago, long before the RedZone take-over and eras that followed. Back in the early days Six Flags Park Presidents were said to hold a lot more power and control over how their parks were run, and a significant amount of say in what kind of new attractions were needed. Under the management system the chain has used for the past couple decades, the power most Park Presidents said to be mostly limited to the point that all the big decisions were made at the corporate levels, leaving the Park President to mostly serve as a General Manager to ensure the corporate will was executed on the local level, but unable to make much in the way of decisions or policy on their own. Even under that system, select Park Presidents have made a name for themselves and were able to gain limited support from the corporate office, but this is the exception and not the rule. From the sound of things, the new CEO seems to be ready to give the power back to the Park Presidents and empower the parks once again, who best know their own demographics, to help guide and lead their own future development.

I hope so

I cancelled my AP after years of having it...but I just can't have fun with the way the park is being handled. Messy, under staffed, slow loading, many rides closed for no reason and would like some more real themes.