Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

I heard on another board the tentative plan they had to relocate The Flash/Himalaya to the Pistachio Park/Swiss Twist/Bayrn Kurve area didn't work, so now it's debated if it'll be moved to another park or scrapped entirely. I feel it's reliable info, because it also called the Teen Titan Turbo Spin before it was announced.

While I'd be bummed to see it go, it was about 40+ years old. I can understand if they scrap it, it's got to be close to the end of it's usable life. At the same time, they desperately need flat rides, so you'd hope they'd just get a newer model.

If not, I really really hope the next big attraction announcement would be a flat ride package. An Endeavor would be a nice upgrade to the old Enterprise, and they have them at other SF parks. Even just bring back a Tilt-a-Whirl.

And seeing how SFStL is getting a Skyscraper/Booster-type attraction, that isn't out of the question either. If they tore down the Laughing Dragon restuarnt (a tall order, I know) and cleared a tree or two, I think it could fit up there and would give an attraction to an area that could use one. And while I'm not necessarily a huge fan of those rides, it'd be a great location for one being on the top of the hill.

I heard on another board the tentative plan they had to relocate The Flash/Himalaya to the Pistachio Park/Swiss Twist/Bayrn Kurve area didn't work, so now it's debated if it'll be moved to another park or scrapped entirely. I feel it's reliable info, because it also called the Teen Titan Turbo Spin before it was announced.

While I'd be bummed to see it go, it was about 40+ years old. I can understand if they scrap it, it's got to be close to the end of it's usable life. At the same time, they desperately need flat rides, so you'd hope they'd just get a newer model.

If not, I really really hope the next big attraction announcement would be a flat ride package. An Endeavor would be a nice upgrade to the old Enterprise, and they have them at other SF parks. Even just bring back a Tilt-a-Whirl.

And seeing how SFStL is getting a Skyscraper/Booster-type attraction, that isn't out of the question either. If they tore down the Laughing Dragon restuarnt (a tall order, I know) and cleared a tree or two, I think it could fit up there and would give an attraction to an area that could use one. And while I'm not necessarily a huge fan of those rides, it'd be a great location for one being on the top of the hill.
I was looking at laughing dragon today and thinking to myself there is a lot the can work with if they got rid of it.

The concept art for DC Universe makes it look like its a lesser version of what existed. No idea why they decided to close it all after seeing the art, especially forcing Batman to be closed for this entire time.

IMG_2314.JPGIMG_2315 (1).JPG
Just these two were released on April 28th. Not shown in the concept art, but lets hope we get some shade this time around for a new area.

The area is closed as you can see in this video, they tore up all the concrete, which is a good move by MM. They normally don't replace the concrete. Just look at Crazanity area. They started to replace it and then just seemed to stop around the games area.

I hope they do plush the area more....West Coast Racer Area got some work done...so hoping we see the land feel more Comic bookie

I'm just happy they are going with a Teen Titains theme and not Harley Quinn. Seeing Kid Flash in a theme park is pretty cool

I hope they do plush the area more....West Coast Racer Area got some work done...so hoping we see the land feel more Comic bookie

I'm just happy they are going with a Teen Titains theme and not Harley Quinn. Seeing Kid Flash in a theme park is pretty cool
A lot of trees and shade would be nice.

No. Trees are great, but they don't provide relief from Santa Clarita heat hardly at all.

Sure, plant plenty of trees...and maintain them so those Santa Ana winds and fires dont cause an issue. But I want air conditioned indoor queues and natural pathway coverings like the Texas parks have.

Last edited:
Visited the park for a few hours. Lots of good:
  • Most food venues were open, including: Twin Charged Tacos, Twisted Wiches, Chop Six, and Snack Shack (in bugs Bunny World)
  • The refill station by FT was open
  • New bathrooms near Flashpass office look ready to open any day now
  • WW:FOC is going up very fast
  • Superman was running both forwards and backwards (this seems to be only a weekend thing... I've gone on many weekdays, and only one side will be open... but it makes sense with the low crowds)
  • Great line control... Tatsu had a grouper not only on the bottom of the stairs, but also on the top to make sure the station didn't get overcrowded. Same for Goliath and TC
  • New name for funicular... "Magic Mover"
  • From the views I got from both Superman and Goliath, they're adding a large star/compass design into the ground at the entrance to the new DC Universe area that I don't see in the promotional art
The bad:
  • Drop of Doom is still closed (although both cars are on the track... anyone know what's going on with that?)
  • FT Sports Bar, according to a sign in the window, has been shut down since the end of April from the Department of Health for a rat infestation (!)
  • While WW:FOC is going up fast, the rest of the area still needs a lot of work. There's still just a lot of dirt on the ground, the station is still covered in scaffolding, and the lockers by Batman seem to have been removed, along with the tarp that covered them.
  • Ninja was closed, they seemed to be working on the lift hill motor

• Most food venues were open, including: Twin Charged Tacos, Twisted Wiches, Chop Six, and Snack Shack (in bugs Bunny World)
  • Superman was running both forwards and backwards (this seems to be only a weekend thing... I've gone on many weekdays, and only one side will be open... but it makes sense with the low crowds)
  • Great line control... Tatsu had a grouper not only on the bottom of the stairs, but also on the top to make sure the station didn't get overcrowded. Same for Goliath and TC
  • From the views I got from both Superman and Goliath, they're adding a large star/compass design into the ground at the entrance to the new DC Universe area that I don't see in the promotional art
The bad:
  • Drop of Doom is still closed (although both cars are on the track... anyone know what's going on with that?)
  • FT Sports Bar, according to a sign in the window, has been shut down since the end of April from the Department of Health for a rat infestation (!)
  • While WW:FOC is going up fast, the rest of the area still needs a lot of work. There's still just a lot of dirt on the ground, the station is still covered in scaffolding, and the lockers by Batman seem to have been removed, along with the tarp that covered them.
Ninja has been one 1 train ops for awhile. I feel like its days are numbered

Ninja has been one 1 train ops for awhile. I feel like its days are numbered
I don't know what they're planning next, but considering most areas of the park have been renovated recently, except samurai summit, I wouldn't be surprised if a new coaster to replace Ninja and an overhaul of that area is on the drawing board

The bad:

Oh Six Flags, never change.

So dumb thinking, but considering the most recent version of the Knotts B&M seem to be ditching that Giga approach..

*nudges to SFMM*

What if they get convinced to go for it?
Just saw, poor Knotts lol. SFMM has plenty of parking lot space it can loop around or go in between. They've also been creative with in-park layouts recently.