Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

As much as I would love to see a big coaster, the park really needs a lot more flat rides. A good flat ride package would be welcome before another large coaster.

Exactly
As much as I would love to see a big coaster, the park really needs a lot more flat rides. A good flat ride package would be welcome before another large coaster.

While I'd like that too, we know that isn't happening. We'll be lucky if we get one on an off year like Crazanity.

It looks like we're in the midst of a mini coaster war, and SFMM isn't about to miss out on that. lol

Exactly

While I'd like that too, we know that isn't happening. We'll be lucky if we get one on an off year like Crazanity.

It looks like we're in the midst of a mini coaster war, and SFMM isn't about to miss out on that. lol

Why do we know it isn't happen? A number of SF parks in the chain have made announcements of flat ride packages instead of a coaster in recent memory. So it isn't unheard of.

If we are in a coaster war, I think only SFMM is playing. That battle was years ago, and it essentially ended when Cedar Point went for park quality over quantity.

^ It's not happening because it's Magic Mountain. I'm not sure why I'd need to say more than that. I can count on one hand the number of flats they have gotten in the last 30 years lol. And instead of adding a flat to DC Universe, they actually removed one. And how long has Drop Of Doom been closed now? I mean the list goes on and on.

As for the coaster wars, both SFMM and Sea World ARE playing, soon to be joined by Knotts and Cedar Point. Knotts doesn't have to build anything, and yet they are, and they don't care how awkward the coaster looks .

Last edited:
Take ninja leave viper
You really want people to hate you don't you? :lol:
Why do we know it isn't happen? A number of SF parks in the chain have made announcements of flat ride packages instead of a coaster in recent memory. So it isn't unheard of.

If we are in a coaster war, I think only SFMM is playing. That battle was years ago, and it essentially ended when Cedar Point went for park quality over quantity.
^ It's not happening because it's Magic Mountain. I'm not sure why I'd need to say more than that. I can count on one hand the number of flats they have gotten in the last 30 years lol. And instead of adding a flat to DC Universe, they actually removed one. And how long has Drop Of Doom been closed now? I mean the list goes on and on.

As for the coaster wars, both SFMM and Sea World ARE playing, soon to be joined by Knotts and Cedar Point. Knotts doesn't have to build anything, and yet they are, and they don't care how awkward the coaster looks .
Heck now even USH is stepping into the coaster war in SoCal! I agree the park really needs more flats. I could see them add some later with the new management in SF, but even then, they will probably want to focus more on coasters.

I just don't see SFMM getting a giga, but maybe they could get rid of Viper to put an actually good B&M hyper in the park?

^ If Ninja and Viper are living on borrowed time, I'd love to see SF partner with Mack Rides and build a hyper looper and extreme spinner.

Yeah, I love to dream lol

Tatsu is using the station it never uses today and in that scenario single rider closes just a heads up. Saw Lex testing too.

edit: never mind there’s another side staircase with no signs pointing to it.
edit edit: u can’t seem to access it actually so i guess no single rider until they finish fixing the other station

Last edited:
Wonder Woman topped off, and the construction fence removed! Still a lot of work to do on the station, gift shop and DC Universe area, so still weeks away from opening. Excited to ride my second single rail this summer!