Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I actually like the theme in the ride better, it really pumps me up!!! It does disappoint me just a tiny bit they the new ride won't be based around the Spiderman 90's cartoon anymore....Oh well.

Interesting tidbit that most don't know: The current score is actually a reorganized and recomposed version of the Spider-man theme. It has all the same notes in the same order.

Islands of Adventure
Universal Orlando Resort

Courtesy of Screamscape
www.screamscape.com

2012 - Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man Upgrade - (2/29/12) Universal Orlando sent out a sneak peek pictures this week showing off some Universal Creative staff checking out the new Spiderman enhancements… wearing all new 3D glasses. The new Spider-Vision glasses “feature new lenses made of dichroic filters for amazing color and clarity”. (Is it me or do they look like Doc Ock’s shades?)

dbspiderman2012compare1.jpg

db20120115spidermandoco.jpg

db20120115spidermanelec.jpg

db20120115spidermanhobg.jpg

db20120115spidermanscre.jpg

db20120228spidermanglas.jpg

dbspiderman201211.jpg

.​

Hopefully that was just Universal's facebook being cute by calling them Spider-Vision glasses. I imagine so as it would take away the concept of them being Night Vision Goggles for the Team Scoop News team.

I just had a thought: Could they cut out Hydro and his scene out and replace the scene with Scream? I mean I can see how they can easy redo that and with the same script in that scene.

Example:

Enter Scene:

*Car comes into scene*

We are underground in the pluming systems and we notice stright way that spiderwebs are everywhere

*Enter Spiderman*

Spiderman - Well so much for being careful....

*Enter Scream climbing on the walls going for the car*

Spiderman - Just head back to the Bugle and....

*Scream hisses at the car with the hair spiking out*

*Spiderman turns around as Scream picks up a huge pipe and throws it toward Spiderman and the car*

Spiderman - Incoming!!!

*The car begins to turn as it gets hit by the pipe. Other pipes burst and water is sprayed on the car as it exits*

Exit Scene

Last edited:
I just had a thought: Could they cut out Hydro and his scene out and replace the scene with Scream? I mean I can see how they can easy redo that and with the same script in that scene. Ex: Scream can throw a huge rock or pipe and Spiderman says "Look Out!!!"

Won't work - the physical effects support Hydro's actions, not to mention Hydro is a key element for a physical effect/sequence during the flying portion of the ride.

It is amazing how far the tech has come since the late 90's. Of course the original JP was early 90's but that was the Juggernaut of LucasFilm computer systems. This was created on a smaller computer scale and raytrace and caustics wasn't a consideration as it would have taken years to render. This short time later there are newer hybrid rendering schemes that allow these new graphics to be knocked out at relative fast speed. Two to Four HD frames (if not more) could be knocked out in a day on most home computers.

March 8th is the day.

"Alerting All SPIDEY Fans!
On March 8 your favorite Webslinger will be back in action as The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man reopens with stunning enhancements including 4K Digital High-Definition Animation, New 3-D “Spider-Vision” Glasses & More! Will we see you there?"

I think they did a nice job with the webbing. Excited to see how it looks with Spider-man back!

MARCH 8TH!

Everyone like that FB page. I must see more! :lol: This is really exciting. The thumbnails for the other sneak peaks alone look incredible. Is it the 8th yet?

Just to save a few of you time...

They're using an external video hosting service (http://www.brightcove.com) to host these videos. Without the video ID you won't be able to see the other videos. The video IDs on the output page aren't listed, they aren't put on the page until the amount of likes are reached.