Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have been hoping for new digital HD video projection since 2004... I really hope they have not mucked with this too much... the spider webs on the front of the building are not boding well.

I have been hoping for new digital HD video projection since 2004... I really hope they have not mucked with this too much... the spider webs on the front of the building are not boding well.

I agree Teebin. I'm still super excited for the HD, but I'm getting nervous about the other changes.

I think part of the reason I'm a little nervous is because the original team isn't working on the enhancements. In my experience, it works better when the same team comes back to fix something. I'm most worried about the fact that Scott Towbridge isn't working on it, as he was the main creative of the original incarnation.

The action and timings were perfect as is, and like Teebin, I hope they didn't muck with it too much. All I wanted was HD animation, not new action sequences, and not a new score. I don't want to come off the ride and say "Yeah, the original version was better."

I'll keep my fingers crossed on this one...

Reactions: Cwoolboy
I think part of the reason I'm a little nervous is because the original team isn't working on the enhancements. In my experience, it works better when the same team comes back to fix something. I'm most worried about the fact that Scott Towbridge isn't working on it, as he was the main creative of the original incarnation.

The action and timings were perfect as is, and like Teebin, I hope they didn't muck with it too much. All I wanted was HD animation, not new action sequences, and not a new score. I don't want to come off the ride and say "Yeah, the original version was better."

I'll keep my fingers crossed on this one...

Although Trowbridge is with WDI now, that doesn't mean that other members of the original team are not working on it. Thierry Coup was the creative director of Spider-Man when the attraction was being designed in the 90's. Mark Woodbury said that Coup was the genius behind Spider-Man. He is one of the leads on the revamp. I am pretty sure that other members of the original team are working on this as well.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
I guess it's that old theme park saying, "Change is bad."

Now c'mon. I am the biggest proponent of 'rip it down and build something new' so your statement sounds like a skipping record. The concerns of a few here is why terms such as 'gilding the lily' and 'beat a dead horse' were thought up centuries ago.

I guess the concern is if the best ride in the world ain't broke, don't fix it.. but I'm pretty sure the reason people love it so much had nothing to do with the scratched-up film and soundtrack.

I'm seeing a 35 minute wait for Spider-Man on the Undercover Tourist app. Has it soft opened or is someone messing with the app again?

I'm seeing a 35 minute wait for Spider-Man on the Undercover Tourist app. Has it soft opened or is someone messing with the app again?

Yes someone is. The wall is still up.

EDIT:
Definitely no. This was taken about a minute ago to answer your question.
Q38FZQN-DvfDdwc9jixzYEyIDHPWsF9hgvHtf_UriaQ.jpg

(Credit, OrlandoInformer)

Last edited: