Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

StarWay

I think what makes it look garish is that it IS rope lights. They're not super even in a few places and look too "rubbery" if that makes any sense. I appreciate the effort though, I don't hate it.

at least you got to see it lit up... when I was there the 5th, 12th, & 13th... the rope lights were NOT lit up. And maybe its just due to your camera's lack of focus, but the rope lights almost look photo-shopped haha...

It seems weird to see the pillars lit up for the archway... but then you have the actual Starway arch with no outline lighting. My OCD is kicking in lol

I think the Shoe Palace team is working on the exit stairway...seems like no change at all.  (On a less snarky note, Shoe Palace interior looks nearly done.)

Starway_012916_1.jpg

This escape stairway is finally making some progress.

Starway_022016_1.jpg

I noticed that the Apollo astronauts were missing from in front of their capsule today.  They seem to come and go.  Why is that?  Do they get damaged and removed then it takes a while to replace them?  Or does someone think they're an escalator obstacle on crowded days?  I haven't discerned a pattern to their presence or absence.  Anyone know?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just as intrigued by the fact there's going to be a refurbished Mummy with technological upgrades?  Sounds interesting!  But having that extra escalator will be a welcome addition.

Also makes you wonder if they're planning for a lot of additional traffic heading to the lower lot... as in new attractions?  SLoP, possible Tram Tour relocation, and maybe Diagon Alley???

Something I am curious about is Mummy more than anything.

It seems like it's staying for the long haul, but I am wondering what they may actually do in terms of technological upgrades. I would fantasize if that means they are finally getting the ending back to what it properly was before they changed it to strobes; but I wonder more on what they have in mind. Would it be in terms of how they handle the operations in the loading process or would it be adding new additions to the attraction to somewhat coincide with the new Mummy film coming out next year. While these are all questions I am curious to see, those questions can be brought up on the ROTM thread.

Either way, this seems to be a pure infrastructure move in terms of the Starway; as I wonder on why they would warrant the need to expand the size of the starway (I'll take a rim shot guess to Nintendo at this point). I doubt that it's DA because of space, so it should be interesting to see what happens.

Huh. 

It's like when Disney built that third Soarin theater at Epcot... but instead it's an additional row of escalators.

Seriously this is necessary for both LL expansion needs and escalator maintenance. Having 2 up, 2 down means they won't have to be switching directions constantly, which causes additional wear and tear over time.

At least the canopies will finally get cleaned with the expansion as well.

But wow: Starway expansion. 2017 looks to be an exciting year for USH!  :lol:

On 12-Dec we were on this in the morning. There was some works going on and the smell from what ever they are doing was horrible. It was nearly 3/4 of the way and if was all the way, I would have puked.