Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Test Track 2.0

Rode it about 3 hours ago, was the fog always in the car scan?

So...

this gets a big old MEH in my book.

The ride has been minimally upgraded overall, and to be honest I think the video is more impressive than the actual ride. Giant cardboard flats with projections on then just aren't interesting.

I will say the postshow is good fun though.

Really? This is my favorite thing Disney has done since probably Everest. Did you get to design a vehicle or did you do Fastpass/Single Rider? Designing the car is pretty essential to overall enjoyment.

See, I personally couldn't care less about designing a vehicle. But the TRON-esqe lighting in the room is cool. Just seems like a silly time killer while you wait in line. But maybe that is because I'm on my computer about 18 hours a day.

It slows the line down to a CRAWL!!! We were in stand bye and then after 10 mins of barely moving (Posted 30 min wait) we took off towards the single rider. Designed our own cars and got to the load platform. All six single riders rode together. Their were 0 stand bye guests waiting to board. Its a cool concept but not guest friendly IMO.

Rode it about 3 hours ago, was the fog always in the car scan?

Yep. It is supposed to be there to give the light the laser beaming effect so it seems like your car is getting scanned Three-dimensionally. For some reason they have had trouble getting that amount of fog to be puffed out by the machine in there every 6-11 seconds.

Really? This is my favorite thing Disney has done since probably Everest. Did you get to design a vehicle or did you do Fastpass/Single Rider? Designing the car is pretty essential to overall enjoyment.

See, I personally couldn't care less about designing a vehicle. But the TRON-esqe lighting in the room is cool. Just seems like a silly time killer while you wait in line. But maybe that is because I'm on my computer about 18 hours a day.

I did Single Rider. The design process might be neat, but it's not going to make the ride any better for me.

And while the lighting is okay, it's all lipstick on a pig for me.

For me the vehicle design process is the biggest improvement I saw in the update. The amount of customization is great and I love the competition aspect it adds to the ride. The post show stuff seemed cool too, but my RFID card wouldn't scan on any of the terminals so I didn't get to try it out.

The 2nd time I rode the design process was down completely so 0/2 on trying the post show stuff.

It slows the line down to a CRAWL!!! We were in stand bye and then after 10 mins of barely moving (Posted 30 min wait) we took off towards the single rider. Designed our own cars and got to the load platform. All six single riders rode together. Their were 0 stand bye guests waiting to board. Its a cool concept but not guest friendly IMO.

Disney's latest mantra in Orlando it seems.

Well, I spent about 2.5 hours in lines (rope drop, delayed opening, and ride queue) before riding for the first time, so maybe it's just Stockholm Syndrome :lol:

Nah, I wish there were more attractions in Future World like Test Track 2.0. Epcot isn't a museum, it's a World's Fair. I get nostalgic too, but Epcot has to evolve, and the design of vehicles in the digital space is realistic and solid edutainment. The interior is gorgeous, and the design center, ride, and definitely the post-show are just fun. I even prefer the new music and narration, even though we don't know who these characters are. Now, I will admit that some of the effects could possibly have been implemented better, namely:

• The lightning strike
  • The beginning and the end of Efficiency test
  • Possibly the laser truck. I loved it the first time I saw it, okay the second time.

But I honestly think it accomplishes the same goals the original Future World pavilions sought to achieve while still being a modern, thrilling ride. I've only ridden twice, so my opinion might evolve, but if future Future World attractions/enhancements are as beautiful, as interactive, as fun and provide the same level of edutainment, Epcot could have a second Renaissance.

Last edited:

Both times I've rode, it has been through single riders. The stand by is just way too slow. The CM told me that the single rider wait time would be around 20 minutes, I was on in about 10.

Both times I've rode, it has been through single riders. The stand by is just way too slow. The CM told me that the single rider wait time would be around 20 minutes, I was on in about 10.

It was posted as a 20 min wait for singles yesterday, we waited 7 seconds for her to point out what number to stand on :lol:

Unless its getting inbetween me and Englands Fish and Chips and a Stella Draft :lol:

My last night of F&W Festival someone was stumbling out of Mexico and RALPH all over the Mid Way.

Ive yet to have a StongBow but just cannot do the Guinness :lol: