The Current State and Future of Universal Studios Florida | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

The Current State and Future of Universal Studios Florida

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot take: I'd trade all of Marvel for Universal's take on Gotham City

Please direct all hate mail to my manager
I think Universal wouldn't of minded doing that either pre-Disney buyout.

Now though... Imagine they tear down the Toon Lagoon theater for a mini-DC land that acted as a companion to Marvel, eh?

Then in a possible 4th park, a fully fledged Gotham City?

But then where would they put the massive LOTR park?

Must have real mountains and vast distances to be accurate
Well that's believed to be the big 20-acre expansion for Epic.

As for the vastness? I'm sure they'll figure it out, I believe.

The whole Six Flags DC license thing could change at any time. Especially with the way things are going at Six Flags. They could be bought out by another chain that doesn't want to pay those license fees, or current management chooses to save money and not pay those fees themselves anymore. It's been interesting to see how some of their parks are removing DC licensing and others adding it. Maybe it's a case by case depending on the park and their sales of merchandise or maybe it's a choice of the people running the parks.

Either way, nothing lasts forever and everything could change at the drop of a hat.

Reactions: shiekra38
Scooby-Doo.

And of course, the biggest piece that would come out of this for the parks, DC.
Six Flags has the rights to DC unless someone buys them If someone does the rights revert to WB. So Universal would have to buy both to get the rights.

The whole Six Flags DC license thing could change at any time. Especially with the way things are going at Six Flags. They could be bought out by another chain that doesn't want to pay those license fees, or current management chooses to save money and not pay those fees themselves anymore. It's been interesting to see how some of their parks are removing DC licensing and others adding it. Maybe it's a case by case depending on the park and their sales of merchandise or maybe it's a choice of the people running the parks.

Either way, nothing lasts forever and everything could change at the drop of a hat.
In theory they would lean into the IPs they do have...and honestly, I could see Selim making that choice

I know he's quite the controversial figure...but...I actually think he has some great ideas (meet me in the Six Flags threads to fight)

Six Flags has the rights to DC unless someone buys them If someone does the rights revert to WB. So Universal would have to buy both to get the rights.
Universal: How much for Batman?

Six Flags: Don't you want all of the DC Universe

Universal: Not really

Six Flags: Dam ok, well, maybe like some Bitcoin or somthin

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog
Gods no. I don’t want to get my Marvel fix at the mediocre looking Avengers Campus at WDW, nor do I need more Batman oversaturation.
I mean I agree batman is oversatured but so is marvel at this point lol. Though I just want other dc lands/properties who definitely arent overused like batman, I want metropolis (which could include a justice league attraction), themyscira, and atlantis

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves. The soonest an acquisition could occur is 2024, and even then, it would be under immense regulatory scrutiny.
Kid zone 2031 hype

never mind uni has decided to the dc area to next park in 2035, fievel lives forever

Anyone else thinking the studio theme should go? With newer additions like Diagon Alley, Fast & Furious, a Springsfield area, and the nighttime show not being a “celebration of movies” like the last two were; the studio theme is pretty irrelevant now. I don’t think it’s to hard to change it into something like the Magic Kingdom.

• Haha
Reactions: Jwhee
Universal is Film Studios, that's their M.O.. The Studio theme gives Universal a reason to keep much of the park lightly themed without spending Diagon Alley levels of money for more immersive theming. Plus the Studios concept
is still strong with the NYC, SF, Hollywood areas doubling as film lots. Additionally, their parks in Beijing, Singapore, Japan & Hollywood all are Studio oriented. Only IOA and Epic deviate from that
pattern. So, no, I doubt they'll change USF in the near future. Like the Castle parks are to Disney, the Studio theme is Universal's calling card.

Status
Not open for further replies.