The Current State and Future of Universal Studios Florida | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

The Current State and Future of Universal Studios Florida

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IOA is spoiled but USH as a park blows USF out of the water every day
I think the point was missed with my original post. I’m saying overall we are the Flagship property for Universal Parks and Resorts for the domestic market. I’m not talking about shortcomings at USF but the fact we have EU being built down the street.

Hearing some shovels might be in cursed grounds sooner than later.
I'm a firm believer that each resort should have some significant things that are unique to them... but at the same time, I've been pounding the table for Secret Life of Pets to come to USF. So I'm not fully consistent.

But in any case, I don't think adding another major new coaster to the current UOR property should be a major priority. That would make it three new rides in a row all being coasters (and with 4 - 5 coming in Epic Universe). Where's the love for the dark ride fans out here?

i-dont-believe-it-i-cant-believe-it.gif
Any hints on the concept?

Please not trolls please not trolls please not trolls

I mean, it’s gotta be the rumored Trolls dark ride, or was it boat ride? Either way, I think it would make @belloq87 happy.

Reactions: belloq87
Any hints on the concept?

Please not trolls please not trolls please not trolls
I mean, it’s gotta be the rumored Trolls dark ride, or was it boat ride? Either way, I think it would make @belloq87 happy.
Yeah, I mean, without jumping to any conclusions about IP or even ride type...

... I would literally take a physical/practical-heavy family dark ride themed to almost anything at this point. That's how badly I think USF needs such a thing. TROLLS would not be my first choice, but I'd gladly accept it if it were on the level of a Secret Life of Pets-type situation (or perhaps even more ambitious if a boat-dark ride).

Wait, which cursed ground are we talking about?

F&F or Kid Zone? I thought it was the former.

Given the use of the word "cursed," I'm certain we're talking about KidZone.

I've yet to meet the person that didn't think Horror Make Up Show was excellent. People love it.

Same. The show itself is good to begin with, being both funny and informative. But where it really shines are the actors as they'll play both Mark/Marty and Alex in their own way, and conversely, they'll play off their co-star in their own way as well. So that leads to a whole bunch of funny combinations on their own, add in the improv moments here and there as well as playing off the audience which can be their own wildcard and holy crapola you've got an incredibly rewatchable show!

Hearing some shovels might be in cursed grounds sooner than later.

It feels like this would be around the time they'd have another idea for that area, fingers crossed it'll finally break ground. Granted, they got ridiculously close last time, it literally took a whole new theme park to disrupt it.

Same. The show itself is good to begin with, being both funny and informative. But where it really shines are the actors as they'll play both Mark/Marty and Alex in their own way, and conversely, they'll play off their co-star in their own way as well. So that leads to a whole bunch of funny combinations on their own, add in the improv moments here and there as well as playing off the audience which can be their own wildcard and holy crapola you've got an incredibly rewatchable show!
You get Robin and Summer together and it is gold, they so enjoy doing it. I saw them one time and the kid admitted to throwing the rock, they didn't miss a beat....

As much as I recognize the park needs more family dark rides that everyone can enjoy, I would be fairly disappointed if it turned out to be Trolls of all things. I think all great dark rides have an appeal to both children and their parents, and I think Trolls lacks A LOT in appeal to anyone above middle school. Even just within Dreamworks there are so many other movies that appeal to a wider audience, Kung Fu Panda and Shrek certainly come to mind.

But maybe we're all wrong and we're getting Pokemon.

As much as I recognize the park needs more family dark rides that everyone can enjoy, I would be fairly disappointed if it turned out to be Trolls of all things. I think all great dark rides have an appeal to both children and their parents, and I think Trolls lacks A LOT in appeal to anyone above middle school. Even just within Dreamworks there are so many other movies that appeal to a wider audience, Kung Fu Panda and Shrek certainly come to mind.

I really like Trolls. The second film wasn’t as good as the first, but even still, at least the characters are more likable to me than Minions. And if they did a Trolls ride, at least the music would be good.

We sure about that? The only reason I even gave the first Trolls a watch was due to parents telling me it was actually good after watching with their kids.

I really like Trolls. The second film wasn’t as good as the first, but even still, at least the characters are more likable to me than Minions. And if they did a Trolls ride, at least the music would be good.
We sure about that? The only reason I even gave the first Trolls a watch was due to parents telling me it was actually good after watching with their kids.
Maybe it's just a personal preference thing or an age difference. I'm in college and I don't know anyone else who has seen the movie, while Shrek and Kung Fu Panda are remembered fondly.

Not a fan of Trolls, but outside of Minions what other IP is featured as an attraction that relates to kids? Universal has already defined itself as the teen/young adult park, the next decade should be targeted towards the children/family audience, starting with Minions next year and EU.

I love thrill rides, but I'm sick and tired of the Universal motion-based stuff. Give me some calm boat rides and omnimovers.

I've seen the Cinematic Celebration about a dozen times. If memory serves me correct, Trolls generally gets the loudest most enthusiastic crowd response. That always
surprises me but it kind of shows there's plenty of public love for the IP.
I'm not sure if it's necessarily the IP as much as "Can't Stop The Feeling". Although the song is intrinsically tied to the movie, so it doesn't really matter, I guess.

I'm not sure if it's necessarily the IP as much as "Can't Stop The Feeling". Although the song is intrinsically tied to the movie, so it doesn't really matter, I guess.

That song is bound to be included as the finale for any sort of Trolls attraction. If it doesn't include it, its as big as a failure as not making a Fast and the Furious ride fast.

• Haha
Reactions: Darko and Mad Dog
I've seen the Cinematic Celebration about a dozen times. If memory serves me correct, Trolls generally gets the loudest most enthusiastic crowd response. That always
surprises me but it kind of shows there's plenty of public love for the IP.

It also has the most amount of fireworks per section of the nighttime show apart from the finale. Vibrant, colorful, poppy music with a bunch of fireworks shooting off, what's not to love?

That song is bound to be included as the finale for any sort of Trolls attraction. If it doesn't include it, its as big as a failure as not making a Fast and the Furious ride fast.
If they're smart, they would make an actual dark ride for Trolls with Can't Stop the Feeling in a long, final scene. I'd have it based on the first movie as a boat ride with scene from the movie as the set pieces with some of the other songs playing as well (Anna Kendrick's "True Colors" cover would be a must).

This could be their It's a Small World.

A boat or omnimover ride through scenes from the Trollz film with some AAs seems a little too perfect

Again, I'm really hoping they SNW this area but just plug and play some Dreamworks characters

Status
Not open for further replies.