The Current State and Future of Universal Studios Florida | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

The Current State and Future of Universal Studios Florida

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and "The Other Side" by JT & SZA. I played that one out even more. Excited for this honestly.

Yes, and "The Other Side" by JT & SZA. I played that one out even more. Excited for this honestly.
I enjoy "Hair Up" and "What U Workin' With?" as well, of course part of that could just be from all the hours I had to spend in Kidzone listening to that music loop while working :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: UNIrd

Rewatching this classic video (thanks @Alicia) and thought the previous Pokemon plans actually sound interesting, a relaxed omnimover tied into Pokemon Snap would be a great attraction for the park. Are we sure any Pokemon plans aren't dead yet?

Reactions: belloq87
It also has the most amount of fireworks per section of the nighttime show apart from the finale. Vibrant, colorful, poppy music with a bunch of fireworks shooting off, what's not to love?
and the cheers start as soon as the appearance begins, even before the full brunt of the fireworks. People seem to really like the Trolls and that catchy song......Trolls also attracts an
enthusiastic crowd the times I've passed by the street show in Kidzone. Great potential for a Pets type of dark ride.

I think soundtrack alone, Trolls ride would absolutely be phenomenal. I hope it happens before EU.

Is a SLOP type ride, and re-do of Woody’s, and theming more to trolls (maybe not SNW levels theming but more than right now obviously), able to built for 2024 that isn’t a December opening?

I think soundtrack alone, Trolls ride would absolutely be phenomenal. I hope it happens before EU.

Is a SLOP type ride, and re-do of Woody’s, and theming more to trolls (maybe not SNW levels theming but more than right now obviously), able to built for 2024 that isn’t a December opening?

A retheme of Kidzone with a dark ride attached could theoretically be achieved by Late 2014/Early 2025 if they start in early 2023.

A retheme of just the coaster/play areas could easily be done within a year.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
A retheme of Kidzone with a dark ride attached could theoretically be achieved by Late 2014/Early 2025 if they start in early 2023.

A retheme of just the coaster/play areas could easily be done within a year.
An all new ride could be ready for late 2024/early 2025 but I don't think summer 2024 is possible at this point.

If they're smart, they would make an actual dark ride for Trolls with Can't Stop the Feeling in a long, final scene. I'd have it based on the first movie as a boat ride with scene from the movie as the set pieces with some of the other songs playing as well (Anna Kendrick's "True Colors" cover would be a must).

This could be their It's a Small World.

Exact IASW clone down to having the animatronics in the same spots, just replace the animatronics with Trolls, and the IASW song with Can't Stop the Feeling on repeat.

Hilarity ensues.

Trolls is another one of those franchises I’ve never bothered about but if the ride is good it’s good and I’m all for it.

I always use the example that I was never a big Spider-Man fan in 1999 but got blown away by the ride whereas I loved the Fast and Furious movies yet after one time on Supercharged I knew that was one too many.

A good ride is waaay more important than a good franchise.

Trolls is another one of those franchises I’ve never bothered about but if the ride is good it’s good and I’m all for it.

I always use the example that I was never a big Spider-Man fan in 1999 but got blown away by the ride whereas I loved the Fast and Furious movies yet after one time on Supercharged I knew that was one too many.

A good ride is waaay more important than a good franchise.
I can get behind this ideology. I’m a little worried they’d going to put as much effort into it as the Kung Fu Panda ride in Beijing though.

Rewatching this classic video (thanks @Alicia) and thought the previous Pokemon plans actually sound interesting, a relaxed omnimover tied into Pokemon Snap would be a great attraction for the park. Are we sure any Pokemon plans aren't dead yet?

The latest Pokémon plans were actually the Mack Powered Inverted Coaster with both indoor and outdoor scenes and an AR battle arena show. Both plans would have included interactive garden areas where you can “catch” Pokemon if you purchase an interactive Pokeball.

The latest Pokémon plans were actually the Mack Powered Inverted Coaster with both indoor and outdoor scenes and an AR battle arena show. Both plans would have included interactive garden areas where you can “catch” Pokemon if you purchase an interactive Pokeball.
I like that idea too, as long as the coaster is family oriented.

I think DK, and/or Zelda, will be the only Nintendo attractions that aren’t directly kid focused, even tho they’re still family friendly.

Okay it’s a little late to bring this up again, but really tho a movie theater theme is a great idea for a Uni Florida re theme (or Uni park). Have the entrance be a giant movie theater lobby with oversized popcorn boxes then you enter through a big screen showing Universal compilations. The lands could be connected through either screens or “movie theater hallways”. And video game attractions like Nintendo or a Resident Evil VR could be explained as the “arcade room”.

Okay it’s a little late to bring this up again, but really tho a movie theater theme is a great idea for a Uni Florida re theme (or Uni park). Have the entrance be a giant movie theater lobby with oversized popcorn boxes then you enter through a big screen showing Universal compilations. The lands could be connected through either screens or “movie theater hallways”. And video game attractions like Nintendo or a Resident Evil VR could be explained as the “arcade room”.
Will never happen with USF, the arches are too iconic and park layout too established. Could be interesting for a future park, but I doubt UC will every completely abandon the studio theme for any new parks.

The "Classic Universal" land or "Universal Great Movie Ride" ideas is literally what the entire USF park originally was and should be. No reason to limit it to one ride.

Reactions: pumpkinbot343

This sounds a lot like the EPCOT land that was planned under Eisner that eventually turned into MGM Studios. I think the concept art is floating around out there.

Reactions: Darko and shiekra38
Status
Not open for further replies.