The Current State and Future of Universal Studios Florida | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

The Current State and Future of Universal Studios Florida

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to believe -- for my own sanity! -- that Universal wouldn't just slap another simulator in that building at USF.

If KidZone is (mostly) off the table for the next major new land, leveling Springfield and expanding back there seems like the only other plausible place to do it.
I thought that thing was at the end its life before Simpsons took over!

I thought that thing was at the end its life before Simpsons took over!

I mean, it kind of should have been!

Had Springfield as an entire land been conceived of and implemented at the same time as the ride, the ideal scenario would have involved getting rid of the building, putting a new ride system in its place, and then building Springfield around that.

I think building Springfield when they did extended the life of the ride, certainly, and it's a nice little land (I'd argue it's kind of underrated, even though I don't care for the ride all that much), but a completely fresh start in that area of the park would do some real good.

Had Springfield as an entire land been conceived of and implemented at the same time as the ride, the ideal scenario would have involved getting rid of the building, putting a new ride system in its place, and then building Springfield around that.

I think building Springfield when they did extended the life of the ride, certainly, and it's a nice little land (I'd argue it's kind of underrated, even though I don't care for the ride all that much), but a completely fresh start in that area of the park would do some real good.
I bet it would be easy to swap the faux cars on the Hollywood drift coaster for some mini Deloreans…. I’d love to see an indoor/outdoor BTTF coaster in that plot of land.

As long as you go 88 mph.
As funny as it seems, this is the one thing that makes me weary of a BttF coaster. 88 mph is ridiculously fast, for comparison Velocicoaster goes 70 and Rockit goes 65. An 88 mph launch coaster would take up a massive amount of space and probably be very tall, but for it to really be a BttF ride, of course it should go 88. It would also require indoor show scenes to achieve a time travel effect, which would be tough at such high speeds. If they somehow find a way to pull it off, it would be incredible, but maybe a scoop style ride or simulator would better fit the franchise.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I mean, an indoor/outdoor launch coaster themed to bttf that launches you in and out of the building could be pretty damn effective at selling the illusion of time travel.

I mean, an indoor/outdoor launch coaster themed to bttf that launches you in and out of the building could be pretty damn effective at selling the illusion of time travel.
I’ve always thought it would be cool if there was an outdoor launch to make some sort of a spectacle that blasted you into a building with lights and strobes to mimic what’s seen in the movie when the Delorean hits 88 mph. Not sure if this could be a coaster, might have to be a slot car ride. I’d take either though because it’s such a cool idea

I’ve always thought it would be cool if there was an outdoor launch to make some sort of a spectacle that blasted you into a building with lights and strobes to mimic what’s seen in the movie when the Delorean hits 88 mph. Not sure if this could be a coaster, might have to be a slot car ride. I’d take either though because it’s such a cool idea
These are also both fantastic ideas. I really hope Universal realizes the potential their legacy franchises have outside of just merchandise. Monsters in EU seems like a good step in this direction, hope it succeeds. Springfield becoming Hill Valley would be an absolute dream.

And they can even attach gas lines to the track to make the flaming tire tracks for the people watching from off the ride.

I think it has to be almost has to be a coaster to get enough speed to "feel" like it's going 88mph even if it isn't. But a gringotts type ride on steroids. Have a scene, launch through a wall. Maybe do some turns or corkscrews into a slow moving/stopped scene. Move out of there to another launch to another scene. I guess a Test Track type ride would work, but I think a coaster helps keep the layout more compact as it would be easier to do turns and large elevation changes.

Reactions: biggerboat16

If Simpsons felt like Fallon, I would probably like it a lot more

The pre-show and story are fun, the pacing is also fun

For me it's the dome situation

If Simpsons felt like Fallon, I would probably like it a lot more

The pre-show and story are fun, the pacing is also fun

For me it's the dome situation

It's about as good as you could hope for using the bones of BTTF (I prefer the queue and pre-show videos to the actual ride film).

But in a park that already has a couple simulators too many, and with the (rumored) impending end of the licensing deal for the Simpsons characters before the end of his decade, I think it makes the most sense for this area to be prioritized for an overhaul.

Reactions: shiekra38
Conspiracy theory:

If DreamWorks is gonna be a long-term replacement for Kid Zone, then where are they gonna put Pokemon?

Well, Simpsons is a nice big plot of land with room for expansion behind it, and you can make that whole corner of the park a nice family area by replacing it with Pokemon.

Conspiracy theory:

If DreamWorks is gonna be a long-term replacement for Kid Zone, then where are they gonna put Pokemon?

Well, Simpsons is a nice big plot of land with room for expansion behind it, and you can make that whole corner of the park a nice family area by replacing it with Pokemon.

wouldnt Pokémon be part of SNW assuming they expand more than Donkey Kong?

There are probably several blue sky proposals for Pokemon and many other things to utilize several spaces in the parks including potential retheme of existing buildings and attractions. It's always just a case of timing.

I'd wager there are plans for just about everything in every park to be replaced/rethemed should the need arise. Especially when you have IPs you don't own, there has to be a contingency in case things happen...

Conspiracy theory:

I assume it would go on the expansion plot next to SNW, but, as you mentioned, it could replace Springfield and take over the backstage area behind The Simpsons Ride.

Would really hate to see The Simpsons leave, but I don't think the contract will be extended. But if it were to be extended, they should give Springfield an expansion/phase 2 behind The Simpsons Ride featuring Evergreen Terrace and the Power Plant. Could possibly have an attraction taking place in the Power Plant.

Of course, this is all hypothetical, but it would be cool to see. It's probably not feasible, but it's fun to imagine what it would look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.