The Current State and Future of Universal Studios Florida | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

The Current State and Future of Universal Studios Florida

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Simpsons building theoretically able to expand past its current footprint?

I know there is that backstage road to the restaurants

I suppose they could level and re-route everything...buuut...just interested

Reactions: Darko and Coolbfitz
Conspiracy theory:

If DreamWorks is gonna be a long-term replacement for Kid Zone, then where are they gonna put Pokemon?

Well, Simpsons is a nice big plot of land with room for expansion behind it, and you can make that whole corner of the park a nice family area by replacing it with Pokemon.

First they need to get approval for Pokemon attractions (not just entertainment).

Is the kiosk itself still going to be there, at least just for the Freestyle machines? There isn't another convenient location in that area for water/drinks.

Reactions: Speed
...Just for Fun...
Theme Park Insider is currently running a poll concerning theme park 'immersive lands' with the question "Where would you rather spend the day?. 8 choices were offered.
While Theme Park Insider polls generally have one of the higher participant numbers, TPI numbers are now generally only half of what they used to be, which probably reflects
the trend of falling theme park forum interest. Anyway, 745 responses at this moment, and Universal has done pretty good, with the leading vote getter in Diagon. Here's the numbers.
* Diagon Alley ....................36%
*Hogsmeade (WWHP).......17%
*SW Galaxy's Edge..............16%
*Cars Land............................11%
*Pandora..............................9%
*Super Nintendo World........9%
*Toy Story Land......................1%
*Avengers Campus................1%
....those eight were the only choices......Seems Diagon is carrying USF on it's shoulders . I'd imagine the perception of the Studio's park would really suffer if it had not been built.
......Nintendo didn't do well, but that's probably a reflection of not being opened in the USA yet. It would be interesting to see if those numbers increase much once it's opened in the USA.
....Anyway, interesting numbers. And, keep in mind that Disney forum articles on TPI generally generate many more comments than Universal based articles. So, the site, like most theme
park sites, has way more Disney oriented fans than Universal oriented fans. But the owner, Robert Niles, seems to be more neutral than his readership. Bottom line though, is Potter does really well.

...Just for Fun...
Theme Park Insider is currently running a poll concerning theme park 'immersive lands' with the question "Where would you rather spend the day?. 8 choices were offered.
While Theme Park Insider polls generally have one of the higher participant numbers, TPI numbers are now generally only half of what they used to be, which probably reflects
the trend of falling theme park forum interest. Anyway, 745 responses at this moment, and Universal has done pretty good, with the leading vote getter in Diagon. Here's the numbers.
....those eight were the only choices......Seems Diagon is carrying USF on it's shoulders . I'd imagine the perception of the Studio's park would really suffer if it had not been built.
......Nintendo didn't do well, but that's probably a reflection of not being opened in the USA yet. It would be interesting to see if those numbers increase much once it's opened in the USA.
....Anyway, interesting numbers. And, keep in mind that Disney forum articles on TPI generally generate many more comments than Universal based articles. So, the site, like most theme
park sites, has way more Disney oriented fans than Universal oriented fans. But the owner, Robert Niles, seems to be more neutral than his readership. Bottom line though, is Potter does really well.
It flat comes down to theming, fully flesh an area and the public eats it up.
It takes a special property to do this though that has landscapes, settings, merch and food all in theme to pull it off. Not many of those around so the fierce competition to lock them in.

It’s dawned on me how just one mega-headliner attraction would help this park. The closest we have now I guess would be Gringotts or Mummy, but Gringotts is pretty meh compared to Islands’ headliners and Mummy is great but kinda old and not used in advertising much. A big coaster would be the easiest draw for attendance but I would still prefer an ambitious dark ride on the scale of what we think we’re gonna see at EU with Monsters and Ministry.

It’s dawned on me how just one mega-headliner attraction would help this park. The closest we have now I guess would be Gringotts or Mummy, but Gringotts is pretty meh compared to Islands’ headliners and Mummy is great but kinda old and not used in advertising much. A big coaster would be the easiest draw for attendance but I would still prefer an ambitious dark ride on the scale of what we think we’re gonna see at EU with Monsters and Ministry.

Agree - I find Gringotts great, but the real draw of USF is Diagon itself.

...Just for Fun...
What's the argument here? What am I supposed to do with this information?

What's the argument here? What am I supposed to do with this information?
I don't really think there's an argument here, it's just showing that it's possible that USF is only hanging on because of Diagon is a great land that the public and fans loves. Fans also love Mummy, E.T. and MIB but they aren't drawing in the public. Again, Studios needs an investment of at least one HUGE E-Ticket to stay relevant with Islands already being a great park and Epic Universe about to change the game.

USF could use at least one new E-ticket that feels one of a kind and unique. Gringotts and Transformers are (in my view) just Spider-Man riffs, and when you go back in time beyond those, you have to go all the way back to 2003 with Mummy for the next E-ticket.

I still think the park's most pressing issue is that there hasn't been a non-projection-heavy dark ride added since MIB, but obviously a mega E-ticket draw certainly wouldn't hurt!

USF could use at least one new E-ticket that feels one of a kind and unique. Gringotts and Transformers are (in my view) just Spider-Man riffs, and when you go back in time beyond those, you have to go all the way back to 2003 with Mummy for the next E-ticket.

I still think the park's most pressing issue is that there hasn't been a non-projection-heavy dark ride added since MIB, but obviously a mega E-ticket draw certainly wouldn't hurt!
A traditional dark ride in the new Dreamworks KidZone and a mega E-Ticket draw (classic property please) somewhere else (Supercharged plot please) would do wonders for this park.

Reactions: belloq87
and that's what F&F was supposed to do....and it was a near total failure....Probably the main reason USF feels a bit lacking.

I don't really think there's an argument here, it's just showing that it's possible that USF is only hanging on because of Diagon is a great land that the public and fans loves. Fans also love Mummy, E.T. and MIB but they aren't drawing in the public. Again, Studios needs an investment of at least one HUGE E-Ticket to stay relevant with Islands already being a great park and Epic Universe about to change the game.

How did you get that out of that survey? I mean just using the numbers, IOA is just hanging on as its top land is half of what USF's top land is rated, and has no other lands on the survey.

How did you get that out of that survey? I mean just using the numbers, IOA is just hanging on as its top land is half of what USF's top land is rated, and has no other lands on the survey.
Just for clarification, those were the only lands Niles listed on his survey. So there was no opportunity to vote for any of the other IOA lands.

I would never spend 8 hours in ANY theme park land

I will also not continue to stand for the New York area of Studios never getting recognized for its brilliance

As far as Studios as a whole, it has a line-up diversity problem. We all done been known that though

I would never spend 8 hours in ANY theme park land

I will also not continue to stand for the New York area of Studios never getting recognized for its brilliance

As far as Studios as a whole, it has a line-up diversity problem. We all done been known that though
We love NY in USF. We spend tons of time there soaking up the ambiance and watching the excellent live street shows. Often we'll sit on a porch stoop and people watch from there.
And, every now and then, when Sinatra belts out the NY NY song on the soundtrack, we'll dance in the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.