The Current State and Future of Universal Studios Florida | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

The Current State and Future of Universal Studios Florida

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get your original point. And I resemble that remark lol

Last Friday, in the same day I wore Mickey ears at a WDW park, and then took an Earl plush for a photo with the meet and greet character at Universal.

Both parks got my money. I shared photos of both experiences on social media. I am your worst fears realized.

The endgame? Probably to make money and make people happy.

One final thought. The children meeting the holiday squirrel after me had no clue who he was. They were just happy to hug a fun character and the parents were happy to get photos. Removing the Disney Adult element from the equation, these types of experiences still work on their own as well. Lifestyle brand or not.
There's a LOT going on right now (more so this week). Escapism is important and hard in these days of hyperconnetivity. If hugging a park specific IP Squirrel or eating at PizzaRat makes you...less stressed. Do it twice.

Can we talk about Earl? To go from finding the realistic looking squirrel in the NYC tree every year to the Earl we have now is easily worth a 1/36 tweet thread. I love the design they came up with. He's so cute.
Yes....and a long line of famous ancestors....going back to Rocky the Squirrel...and the rogue ancestor in Christmas Vacation.....people just love those squirrels......and they're tougher than those little Disney Chipmunks.
:rock: :lol:

Can we talk about Earl? To go from finding the realistic looking squirrel in the NYC tree every year to the Earl we have now is easily worth a 1/36 tweet thread. I love the design they came up with. He's so cute.
He is, but they need to update the one in the tree now

Realistically, how much space could open up for expansion if a good portion of backstage operations are moved to the EU campus? Looking at Google earth I’m doubtful Islands would get to capitalize on expansion room at all, looks like most of the land that could open up would be behind the New York and San Fran in Studios. There are some obstacles in the way, most notably the Hogwarts Express, but I’m sure they could find a way to work around it. Several large expansions into that space could be monumental for the park.

Realistically, how much space could open up for expansion if a good portion of backstage operations are moved to the EU campus? Looking at Google earth I’m doubtful Islands would get to capitalize on expansion room at all, looks like most of the land that could open up would be behind the New York and San Fran in Studios. There are some obstacles in the way, most notably the Hogwarts Express, but I’m sure they could find a way to work around it. Several large expansions into that space could be monumental for the park.
Probs not much...The one really interesting expansion plot in USF (where the apartments are now) was sold years ago

I'm unconvinced they'll use the large plot where the sprung tents are either

So I think next steps will be losing some rides and re-working some areas to be more efficient

Probs not much...The one really interesting expansion plot in USF (where the apartments are now) was sold years ago

I'm unconvinced they'll use the large plot where the sprung tents are either

So I think next steps will be losing some rides and re-working some areas to be more efficient
Makes sense, I just hope that they pick the right rides to replace. I’d prob be indifferent to any closure that wasn’t Mummy, E.T., or Diagon (and maybe MIB depending on the replacement).

Reactions: Darko
Makes sense, I just hope that they pick the right rides to replace. I’d prob be indifferent to any closure that wasn’t Mummy, E.T., or Diagon (and maybe MIB depending on the replacement).
There's definitely a lot they could do, the line-up in Studios has been well examined throughout the thread

But I'm sure we can all agree to start with F&F lol

There's definitely a lot they could do, the line-up in Studios has been well examined throughout the thread

But I'm sure we can all agree to start with F&F lol
I would be a happy man if Supercharged was torn down tomorrow. I can’t think of anywhere else where an entire park is dragged down because of one attraction. The question is if the eventual replacement would be a F&F attraction or a different IP.

Wow I have a lot to catch up on in this thread.

Private parties: I get they happen and they make Uni more money, but yeah, just do them later at night. No reason to close the park at 7PM to do them. ESPECIALLY in both parks. (Orlando Informer was mentioned as the biggest culprit - it's cool that they've grown so much, but probably best to not support them lol)

Lil Boo/Earl: People really are getting all up in arms about original characters created for merch? They're cute. Who cares?

Expansion: The most interesting spot for me is Fear Factor. Between Fear Factor and the MIB tent area, it makes up about 95k square feet. Nothing insane, but here are some comparisons.
Simpsons Ride: 29k sq ft
Transformers: 39k sq ft
Bourne: 35k sq ft
Mummy: 65k sq ft
Minion Mayhem: 21k sq ft
Diagon Alley (without Gringotts and Hogwarts Express): 87k sq ft

So.. there is genuine potential to put something of significance in the FF/MIB Tent plot.

USF needs a facelift more than an actual expansion. You have lots of areas begging for refurbishment/retheming before they even consider expansion. Love MIB, but it needs a significant refurb - same with ET.

I agree that some existing attractions (at both parks) could use generous refurbishments. But I think that should be in addition to replacements and expansions.

To quote myself:
My priority list, in no particular order:

- Better utilization of the land where the Fear Factor theater sits.
- Replace Springfield and The Simpsons Ride.
- Replace Fast & Furious.
- Replace Minion Mayhem.
- Add at least one ride to the revamped KidZone that isn’t exclusively for little kids, and hopefully expand behind Springfield a bit to open up room to expand the park’s attractions lineup further.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
After KidZone, I think Fear Factor should definitely be the next major USF project. As I mentioned above, they have the space to do something quite significant. Quite honestly, they could have the room for a mini-land ala Skull Island.

Personally, I would revamp the Fear Factor stage to include a new stage show (with upgraded theater facade/area improvements) that can also be easily transformed for HHN and other special events. I would save the Animal Actors stage location for a perfect dark ride location for, hopefully, whatever happens to Kidzone or the Simpsons.

Personally, I would revamp the Fear Factor stage to include a new stage show (with upgraded theater facade/area improvements) that can also be easily transformed for HHN and other special events. I would save the Animal Actors stage location for a perfect dark ride location for, hopefully, whatever happens to Kidzone or the Simpsons.

If a new theater were built somewhere in the park, then it should be named after Alfred Hitchcock the most. If not, then who would they go with?

Status
Not open for further replies.