The Current State and Future of Universal Studios Florida | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

The Current State and Future of Universal Studios Florida

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the next several years/half-decade are starting to come into clearer focus for Universal Studios Florida, I’d be curious what others here would like to see addressed at the park after Epic Universe is open.

My priority list, in no particular order:

- Better utilization of the land where the Fear Factor theater sits.
- Replace Springfield and The Simpsons Ride.
- Replace Fast & Furious.
- Replace Minion Mayhem.
- Add at least one ride to the revamped KidZone that isn’t exclusively for little kids, and hopefully expand behind Springfield a bit to open up room to expand the park’s attractions lineup further.

Ideally, we’d get a 2026 announcement of a California Adventure-style make-over that would address a lot of that all at the same time, but I don’t see any chance of that. So, piecemeal it is.

Now that the next several years/half-decade are starting to come into clearer focus for Universal Studios Florida, I’d be curious what others here would like to see addressed at the park after Epic Universe is open.

My priority list, in no particular order:

- Better utilization of the land where the Fear Factor theater sits.
- Replace Springfield and The Simpsons Ride.
- Replace Fast & Furious.
- Replace Minion Mayhem.
- Add at least one ride to the revamped KidZone that isn’t exclusively for little kids, and hopefully expand behind Springfield a bit to open up room to expand the park’s attractions lineup further.

Ideally, we’d get a 2026 announcement of a California Adventure-style make-over that would address a lot of that all at the same time, but I don’t see any chance of that. So, piecemeal it is.
This whole list is solid, but I would add Rockit to it lol

Reactions: Darko and JoeCamel
A repaint of the arches, soundstages, and anything else with that color scheme would be a nice refresh to the front of the park. I think a throwback to the grey and white colors of the original arch in the parks early years would, ironically, look much more fresh and modern.

I'm so used to the warmer color scheme there currently, but I wouldn't be opposed to a shift.

I'm so used to the warmer color scheme there currently, but I wouldn't be opposed to a shift.
I think something more reminiscent of these designs would be a welcome change and give the whole park entrance and production central a little more class
F80C01A0-0588-4522-B192-7BEB1E9CD0C4.jpegFB55DCE8-92B7-4225-AA36-54A47F4E3996.jpeg2369381B-A6D0-4DBA-8280-86FA4E4BFE7D.jpeg
Heck, throw in something like this near the entrance for some nostalgic fun
8C9FF8A5-AD62-4D88-8EDA-031458559853.jpeg

Reactions: belloq87 and Darko
I believe in the most recent Park Stop Podcast @Alicia mentioned that she is fairly confident that the Simpsons replacement would mostly be a swapping of the ride film (please correct me if I'm wrong.) As disappointing as this might be, do we have any predictions what the IP could be? I know which one we're all probably thinking, but I don't know how realistic that would be.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
I really want them to just move Minions over there. It’d fit perfectly, then you can add a proper dark ride to the front of the park, as well as giving Minions a proper land in Orlando.

I believe in the most recent Park Stop Podcast @Alicia mentioned that she is fairly confident that the Simpsons replacement would mostly be a swapping of the ride film (please correct me if I'm wrong.) As disappointing as this might be, do we have any predictions what the IP could be? I know which one we're all probably thinking, but I don't know how realistic that would be.

If that building isn't leveled as part of an entirely new, fresh land, I will be beyond disgusted.

I loved BTTF, but get that old simulator out of there!

I really want them to just move Minions over there. It’d fit perfectly, then you can add a proper dark ride to the front of the park, as well as giving Minions a proper land in Orlando.
I'm doubtful that will happen initially, Simpsons expires in 2028 and Villain Con (and probably Minions Cafe) opens 2023, a ~5 year attraction life is pretty short. Still not a bad idea if Universal is willing to close down a relatively new attraction.

I'm doubtful that will happen initially, Simpsons expires in 2028 and Villain Con (and probably Minions Cafe) opens 2023, a ~5 year attraction life is pretty short. Still not a bad idea if Universal is willing to close down a relatively new attraction.
Maybe keep Villaincon since it’s technically a seperate franchise than Despicable Me. Put Minion Mayhem in the Simpsons ride building and build another dark ride and Minions park behind it and expand.

Maybe keep Villaincon since it’s technically a seperate franchise than Despicable Me. Put Minion Mayhem in the Simpsons ride building and build another dark ride and Minions park behind it and expand.
Maybe, I'd just be worried about the park being too minion infested at that point.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
For context that was specifically about Hollywood, so they could focus on larger projects. And was just a guess. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.