The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 165 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It was the definition of buying low. Probably not a lower point in the company’s history than the Wii U years
Even at that low they probably still played hard ball knowing the potential value of their IP.

One can only imagine what demands they could’ve brought to the table these days.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Universal hasn't done retrofits for ride systems since 2012 so I expect everything to go. *

*Trollercoaster caveat
Simpsons, Jurassic World, Dreamworks Theater, and Despicable Me are the only ones I can think of. They don’t seem too big on the retheme game which is good.

This makes me wonder just how much of LC will be repurposed vs torn down. I expect Poseidon (maybe minus the facade fingers crossed) and Sindbad to be leveled, but I wonder if they’ll reuse the paths, shops, and restaurants of LC. It will need some heavy rebranding, but a lot of it seems too valuable to level completely.