The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 195 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My personal opinion, Universal would not want to outdo Hogwarts. It’s been so rewarding to them, it’s well done, has one of the top rides in the park, I suspect Zelda focuses more on the nature and village aspect. I don’t suspect a Castle in the land itself, maybe the ride.

For reference, the Hyrule Castle from Breath of the Wild/Tears of the Kingdom looks like this...

Pre-Apocalypse:

DD-Hyrule-Castle-Guided-Tour-2.jpg

Post-Apocalypse:

maxresdefault.jpg

Pre-Calamity Hyrule Castle is pretty Cinderella-y, but the Ruined Castle could be pretty distinct.
Universal's Batuu ?

• Sad
Reactions: Ahmanet and GA-MBIT
My personal opinion, Universal would not want to outdo Hogwarts. It’s been so rewarding to them, it’s well done, has one of the top rides in the park, I suspect Zelda focuses more on the nature and village aspect. I don’t suspect a Castle in the land itself, maybe the ride.
Or maybe they would want another Castle to split up the selfie crowd between both at any given time ;)

Ooh, I do LOVE the idea of them doing the BoTW/ToTK ruined castle. That'd actually stand out alot because it's in ruins. I love it!!

Also this is my dream too... Samsung Innovation center replacing Visitors Center... I know I deserve hate.

Attachments

• Untitled design_20240205_181314_0000.jpg
    1,008.3 KB · Views: 34
Ooh, I do LOVE the idea of them doing the BoTW/ToTK ruined castle. That'd actually stand out alot because it's in ruins. I love it!!

Also this is my dream too... Samsung Innovation center replacing Visitors Center... I know I deserve hate.

Have I missed something, why do you keep mocking this up in JP?

For reference, the Hyrule Castle from Breath of the Wild/Tears of the Kingdom looks like this...

Pre-Apocalypse:

DD-Hyrule-Castle-Guided-Tour-2.jpg

Post-Apocalypse:

maxresdefault.jpg

Pre-Calamity Hyrule Castle is pretty Cinderella-y, but the Ruined Castle could be pretty distinct.
Post-calamity castle looks too much like Hogwarts side by side. (Not sure if that's a compliment to Hogwarts.)

A pre-apocalypse castle turning into a post-apocalypse castle nighttime projection show? Yes plz.

Just got back from the park and forgot how ‘big’ lost continent still feels despite the shuttered attractions. I know it doesn’t cover an overly large chunk of land, but the scale of the buildings and the design of the path make it feel very immersive and almost like you could get lost there. It does a lot with the small space it has, filling every nook and cranny.

Initially I was worried that this plot would be too small for Hyrule, but this was my first time at the park since the closure of Poseidon and with the Hyrule rumors in mind. Walking through the land and picturing what could be done with it really showed me that they do indeed have quite a bit to work with. It certainly feels no smaller than Hogsmeade.

I also noticed how much of the existing infrastructure feels ‘Zelda.’ They could retheme the bulk of it to castle town without too much stress. And this is just the bazaar area, not talking about Sindbad or Poseidon. Once you take Sindbad and Poseidon into consideration as locations for a major ride or two, this will be quite the complete land.

If they wanted to have something to do in Lost Continent they should consider opening the Dueling Dragons walkthrough as a semi-permanent attraction until the whole land is eventually replaced. Probably not even possible, but would at least be a draw for the area.

Sorry, meaning the house from HHN. Idk where it could go logistically, but could be a nostalgia draw for fans before Epic. Doesn't even have to have scare actors if they don't want it to be intense.
It's a fun idea, but from what I understand they start striking those HHN houses almost immediately. Dueling Dragons has long been reduced to bent nails, burnt latex masks, and splinters. Gone from this realm yet again. :skull:

AN IDEA JUST HIT ME!!!

How about Far Far Away as a replacement for Lost Continent? It would feature a Shrek dark ride that's essentially a book report ride, but hilarious and takes jabs at the dark rides of Disney's Fantasyland. There would even be a movie-accurate version of Friar's featuring the Renaissance Wrap, curly fries, and Medieval Meals. Plus, it would have two Farbuck's Coffee shops across the street from each other.

Shrek could work in IOA, since it's based on a book, and the movies are full of adventure.