The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 145 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not trying to get ahead of ourselves too much here…

Is there enough land behind LC without interfering with the train to expand an acre or 2? I think what they have is enough but this should be a HTTYD size land imo.

Reactions: Ken96
It always made my eye twitch that this gets the best restaurant award but an omakase meal and a restaurant run by award winning French chefs doesn’t.
I lost this argument years and years ago, but trying to convince the greater theme park fan community that there's a difference between "best value" and "best restaurant" was a losing battle.

and I say that as someone who likes the restaurant! it's good! but there's more out there.

I lost this argument years and years ago, but trying to convince the greater theme park fan community that there's a difference between "best value" and "best restaurant" was a losing battle.

and I say that as someone who likes the restaurant! it's good! but there's more out there.

Same! The couscous bowl is delish and a great value. But I’ll never forget my five course dinner at Takumi Tei.

Reactions: Jake S
I have an attachment to Mythos - 2012 was a rough year for me personally and I got an annual pass to Universal and spent many days at the parks alone. It was a happy place for me and Mythos was one of those spots. 2012 was also when I joined these forums! I remember sitting at Mythos scrolling through the old Orlando United site updating folks and posting pictures while I watched Hulk out the window.

So, not the best restaraunt I've had at a theme park but a spot in my heart nonetheless.

It was subtle, but I do keep suggesting they tear it all down throughout the episode. I worry they won’t, but they should.
Only thing I could see them keeping and retheming somehow is Mythos...but even that would need such extensive exterior work that I think it would be gone. *Maybe* the Sindbad theater, but even that I would doubt.

Unless we're all wrong and this isn't Zelda. In that case who knows. lol

Only thing I could see them keeping and retheming somehow is Mythos...but even that would need such extensive exterior work that I think it would be gone. *Maybe* the Sindbad theater, but even that I would doubt.

Unless we're all wrong and this isn't Zelda. In that case who knows. lol
In before it remains Lost Continent and they just make Poseidon's Fury into a Greek Gods-themed dark ride lol

What IP is rumored and why don't you want to believe it? Not up to snuff with the rest of EU?
Sorry I wasn’t sure if Alicia had made it public yet, but today’s pod episode confirmed. She had recently mentioned Waterworld as a speculated land in one of the EU expansion plots.

If it has to go anywhere, I’d prefer Islands over EU. Maybe @tommyhawkins can confirm or deny if that space is available. If I remember correctly, both LC and the expansion between Monsters and SNW are around the same size (~7 acres). Like Alicia mentioned though, the configuration of LC may make it difficult.

• Love
Reactions: HHN Maddux
Sorry I wasn’t sure if Alicia had made it public yet, but today’s pod episode confirmed. She had recently mentioned Waterworld as a speculated land in one of the EU expansion plots.

If it has to go anywhere, I’d prefer Islands over EU. Maybe @tommyhawkins can confirm or deny if that space is available. If I remember correctly, both LC and the expansion between Monsters and SNW are around the same size (~7 acres). Like Alicia mentioned though, the configuration of LC may make it difficult.
I would not want Waterworld in general. If they absolutely have to, put it where Toon lagoon theater is. Don't waste Lost Continent on that.