The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 150 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Totally blanking right now, what was the last suspended ride they built?

Altogether doesn't shock me that this is scrapped after JWA and MoM suspended were scrapped. While this concept is so so cool, it definitely doesn't sound practical. And considering the brutal amount of downtime that basically all trackless rides face, I'm totally okay with them not re-exploring that avenue any time soon

im assuming Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase, which opened in Singapore in 2013

The last Suspended Ride they built was a couple years ago, the Jurassic Flyer at Universal Beijing, a Mack Powered coaster. (Earlier there was Puss in Boot's Giant Journey which opened in 2015.)

They can pull a Maelstrom and just have a backwards drop lol

If the ride is filled with scenic elements and dramatic sets, no need for too many "thrilling" elements.
Eh. I think dramatic effects lose a lot of their umph if we just passively coast by them
Do you think Nintendo could force their hand to re-think a ride system? Whether it’s this or it’s a trackless system which have also rumored to be cancelled throughout the resorts… I wonder if Nintendo has the power to change their thinking.
Only to a certain extent. And Nintendo has their priorities. I don’t think “ground breaking ride system” is one of them

Eh. I think dramatic effects lose a lot of their umph if we just passively coast by them.
That is exactly why the "Disney Style" of storytelling is not my current preference. I was blown away with it when I was 8 in '71 when I first went to WDW. Not so much 50 years later.

And just a question, shouldn't we expect the headlining Zelda attraction to be "interactive"?

I don’t think that Hybrid patent is ever going to happen
I really want to see this ride happen, but yeah, from a technical point of view it definitely seems like a nightmare, and add to that how water rides in general are already finicky tech-wise...so perhaps ideal would be an indoor boat ride with some dry coaster elements, a la SeaWorld's JTA.

Reactions: tankart150
So for Zelda or any hypothetical attraction that comes next, would it be possible the the Sinbad arena gets razed and gets combined with the plot of PF to make a large scale ride? And for what it's worth, back in Feb 2021 (some point after all trackless rides at the time were scrapped) Universal filed a patent that would allow a ride vehicle to be guided by infrared light. Might this be a way to avoid some of the downtime that can plague Disney's trackless rides which use pucks and computer positioning?

So for Zelda or any hypothetical attraction that comes next, would it be possible the the Sinbad arena gets razed and gets combined with the plot of PF to make a large scale ride? And for what it's worth, back in Feb 2021 (some point after all trackless rides at the time were scrapped) Universal filed a patent that would allow a ride vehicle to be guided by infrared light. Might this be a way to avoid some of the downtime that can plague Disney's trackless rides which use pucks and computer positioning?

bro idk this is just fanmade blue skying under the guise of speculation. not even universal exactly knows what theyre doing with this area yet. 842269615148236830.png its like saying they could work with spacex and their reusable rocket technology to make a ride that literally takes guests into space and see the moon

bro idk this is just fanmade blue skying under the guise of speculation. not even universal exactly knows what theyre doing with this area yet. View attachment 18725 its like saying they could work with spacex and their reusable rocket technology to make a ride that literally takes guests into space and see the moon
I would be surprised if they finally closed down poseidon's fury without knowing their basically gonna due with the area

And just a question, shouldn't we expect the headlining Zelda attraction to be "interactive"?
Perhaps it’s just me but I’d rather the interactive stay with the land itself while the ride itself is more story driven like Gringotts or Minjstry.

Have Power Up Bands themed to Sheikah abilities, with the Bowser Jr game more like a mix of that and a escape room themed to a dungeon.

Have Power Up Bands themed to Sheikah abilities, with the Bowser Jr game more like a mix of that and a escape room themed to a dungeon.
I think if they make power-up bands for a Zelda land, they're very likely to be character based like the Mario ones. Link, Zelda, and the 4 champions from BoTW are the most likely imo, assuming it's based on that game specifically.

Disagree, as Mario Kart with AR, and DK being a new ride system also, appear groundbreaking to me.
Though DK is a new ride system, I don't think it is anything that iwill be prone to irregular downtime, as it really is just a regular coaster in principle. As for MK, isn't the ride system just a busbar type? So basically the most likely downtime here would be for show elements. That said, I would love to see what Uni could do with Oceaneering's trackless system.

Eh. I think dramatic effects lose a lot of their umph if we just passively coast by them
I thought of this as well, but Shanghai Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean re-defined that a "passive" attraction can be just as exciting as an exciting motion-based attraction. I don't care for the ride system, I just don't want to be jostled scene to scene with the same setup as every other Universal ride lol

That is exactly why the "Disney Style" of storytelling is not my current preference. I was blown away with it when I was 8 in '71 when I first went to WDW. Not so much 50 years later.

The problem with "action-based" stories like Universal is that every single Universal ride is similar to one another. Something goes wrong, you are thrown up in the air, you are in danger of crashing into the ground before being saved, etc.

bro idk this is just fanmade blue skying under the guise of speculation. not even universal exactly knows what theyre doing with this area yet. View attachment 18725 its like saying they could work with spacex and their reusable rocket technology to make a ride that literally takes guests into space and see the moon
Universal obviously knows what they are replacing this with! Name me one example where Universal closed something without a replacement and left it abandoned...