The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 152 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
SO the literature storyline for the park is no more if they decide to use Zelda?

If we are wishlisting, I'd rather have this. . .
20221031_121716.jpg
I’m under the assumption any remnant of the literature motif went away with King Kong. But it was barely ever spoken about in the first place. Just like Isla Aventura leaving for mentions of Nublar, I doubt the marketing department has thought of the literature concept in yearsss.

I mean, this wouldn't be the first time they closed down a show venue without any replacements. I'd bet PF is up at least till 2024 but hopefully I'm wrong
While that's true
The Puzzle Theater could actually work pretty well to round out the land idea I already outlined. Put its entrance in Castle Town through the Temple of Time and have it be a recounting of the ancient legend of the Hero of Time.
What else do you have apart of your outline land?

The Lost Woods indoor maze/walkthrough ending with the Master Sword resting in its pedestal in front of the Great Deku Tree a la Breath of the Wild. Koroks are also found throughout the maze as well as the amazing music track.View attachment 18698
breath_of_the_wild_x4x.jpg_242310155.jpg

gujm2kb6hnv01.jpg

The Forest area outside the hidden show building would feature a rendition of this classic track.

The major E Ticket is found within Hyrule Castle. A Forbidden Journey/Jurassic World Adventure style ride that takes you across Hyrule encountering the many dangerous monsters.
View attachment 18693View attachment 18694View attachment 18695View attachment 18696

And thanks to Tears of the Kingdom, we have ride vehicles (if they don’t go with that boat/flying patent).
View attachment 18697

Also in Hyrule castle we’d have the Hyrulean Royal Banquet hall featuring delicacies from across the kingdom and basically be a replacement for Mythos even though it wouldn’t be in the same location.

Outside Hyrule Castle you’d have Castle Town which could kind of be a unique creation based on as many games as possible. Happy Mask Shop from Ocarina of Time, the Milk Bar from Majora’s Mask, various mini game shops, shops themed to the different races of the Gorons, Rito, Zora, and Gerudo. And of course, another classic tune.

But really you can cycle though any of the main town themes in the games and have it fit relatively well.

One detail though that I think must be here, no matter where you are outside in the land, if it starts raining…

The Song of Storms

What else do you have apart of your outline land?

Reactions: luckoftheirish
Florean Fortescue - Ice Cream Scoop
The real ones only get soft serve

I’m under the assumption any remnant of the literature motif went away with King Kong. But it was barely ever spoken about in the first place. Just like Isla Aventura leaving for mentions of Nublar, I doubt the marketing department has thought of the literature concept in yearsss.
King Kong is based on a novel so I always tricked myself into believing that the literature motif was still alive and well lol

Reactions: tankart150 and Nico

Noted literary staple Dudley Do Right who debuted on TV and famously used silent movie tropes.

The real ones only get soft serve

King Kong is based on a novel so I always tricked myself into believing that the literature motif was still alive and well lol
King Kong was not based on a novel. The 1933 film was written by Edgar Wallace and Merian C Cooper (story) with a screenplay by James Crewman and Ruth Rose. The novel was an adaption of the movie, not the other way around

Reactions: tankart150
King Kong was not based on a novel. The 1933 film was written by Edgar Wallace and Merian C Cooper (story) with a screenplay by James Crewman and Ruth Rose. The novel was an adaption of the movie, not the other way around
Yes - see my exchange with Alicia lol

I’ll be honest regarding the puzzle theater…I don’t get it. At least with the suspended boat I get the applications. I don’t get the puzzle theater concept at all
Not me either really but if it’s actually a cool thing I wouldn’t mind it as a supplementary attraction.

As a main Zelda attraction like the original concept? Hell no.

Last edited:
Yes - see my exchange with Alicia lol
Yes there was a novel. It was adapted from the screenplay of the film that was already in production. The novel was based on the film, not the other way around. Films don't just magically appear. Kong was already in post production when the novel was published.

My original statement stands.

• Haha
Reactions: TheCodeMan95