The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 153 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes there was a novel. It was adapted from the screenplay of the film that was already in production. The novel was based on the film, not the other way around. Films don't just magically appear. Kong was already in post production when the novel was published.

My original statement stands.
yes, and then in a subsequent post they said, "that's why I said I had to trick myself."

you win the argument. we'll fedex your check.

SO the literature storyline for the park is no more if they decide to use Zelda?

If we are wishlisting, I'd rather have this. . .
20221031_121716.jpg

I've always heard it as 'written word' which I thought was how they had planned Tune lagoon around comics.

yes, and then in a subsequent post they said, "that's why I said I had to trick myself."

you win the argument. we'll fedex your check.
We can use Zelle so it's faster.

I've always heard about the puzzle theater concept, but if there's a patent for it or anything, I haven't seen it. Because I still have no clue what it is either lol

We can use Zelle so it's faster.

I've always heard about the puzzle theater concept, but if there's a patent for it or anything, I haven't seen it. Because I still have no clue what it is either lol

Hoping that this doesn't violate a policy:

Hoping that this doesn't violate a policy:

Interesting.

Seems like something that won't really have much of an effect on the attraction itself lol

Not sure if this will be used for a Zelda attraction. Theater attractions are a dying bread in theme parks. I would think for Zelda Uni would rather go the route of a large scale dark or boat ride.
Theater attractions aren't dying, they're just not a big thing for anyone but Disney at the moment, but that will change for Universal when EU opens with two major theatrical shows. A puzzle theater or other similar attraction where it's a combination of ride and theater could be a game changer if it's done correctly. I'm waiting to see how Danse Macabre works out at Efteling...

Theater attractions aren't dying, they're just not a big thing for anyone but Disney at the moment, but that will change for Universal when EU opens with two major theatrical shows. A puzzle theater or other similar attraction where it's a combination of ride and theater could be a game changer if it's done correctly. I'm waiting to see how Danse Macabre works out at Efteling...

Danse Macabre looks like it will be really awesome. The original walk through attraction was awesome too.

Reactions: tankart150

I actually meant 4D shows setup like Shrek. Those seem to be on their way out when you consider that most people would rather have interactive attractions these days than a 4D theater. I think theme parks should still have live theater shows like dragon and was also bummed in the regard when Disney cancelled the MK main street theater. But if you want to do a theather attraction the puzzle setup sounds interesting.

Reactions: tankart150

I am eagerly awaiting Danse Macabre myself although I'll probably never make it over there to ride it. If the ride system works, I could see it really being put into some awesome usages by Disney or Universal. If they could do a type of Tower of Terror where the seated areas move between rooms until reaching the dance floor, they could take this next level. That might be too much, though, as Disney has enough trouble with the elevators on Rise.

I am eagerly awaiting Danse Macabre myself although I'll probably never make it over there to ride it. If the ride system works, I could see it really being put into some awesome usages by Disney or Universal. If they could do a type of Tower of Terror where the seated areas move between rooms until reaching the dance floor, they could take this next level. That might be too much, though, as Disney has enough trouble with the elevators on Rise.
Puzzle theatre drop tower :)

Is it really likely that Universal would greenlight large, expensive lands themed to Zelda and LotR within several years - heck, within a decade - of one another? The two properties are quite different, of course, but they are both straight-faced high-fantasy properties, and that might be enough similarity to make marketing think twice.

If Universal could only have one of Zelda or LotR, which would folks prefer?

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Is it really likely that Universal would greenlight large, expensive lands themed to Zelda and LotR within several years - heck, within a decade - of one another? The two properties are quite different, of course, but they are both straight-faced high-fantasy properties, and that might be enough similarity to make marketing think twice.

Not really an issue if they’re in different parks. Universal is probably looking to build their big IP base as much as possible, so I could see both happening if they can secure the LotR rights.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
If I had to make a choice, it's clearly LOTR, just because I'm much more of a fan and am much more familiar with the kinds of things such a land could feature.

But I'm not at all opposed to Zelda. I haven't played any of the games beyond the original two for the NES, but a medieval-ish, adventure/fantasy-themed land would still, I expect, be very cool.

Not really an issue if they’re in different parks. Universal is probably looking to build their big IP base as much as possible, so I could see both happening if they can secure the LotR rights.
I'd tend to agree with you - Zelda probably clashes more with HP next door then LotR across town - but I wonder if executives, concerned with marketing the resort as a whole wouldn't see the two as a PR issue.

It also kind of highlights how fantasy heavy the resort is (Dragon, tons of HP, potentially Zelda and LotR). For balance, it feels like Universal could really use a big sci-fi property, a Star Trek (unlikely, or course) or an expanded Transformers if they can jump start that franchise.

Reactions: CyborgDinosaur
Probably going to get crap for this, but Zelda would be much better. LOTR is fine, but does anyone under the age of 30 really care about it? Zelda seems to have a large reach in ages imo.

I mean, we're also getting a land themed to the Universal Monsters in Epic Universe.

Tolkien's works (and the movies spawned from them) are still relevant (or certainly relevant enough).

Probably going to get crap for this, but Zelda would be much better. LOTR is fine, but does anyone under the age of 30 really care about it? Zelda seems to have a large reach in ages imo.
Both Warner Brothers (whose judgement may be fairly questioned) and Amazon are banking a huge part of their future on the continued popularity of LotR and intend to to churn out heaps of new LotR content. The original Jackson film trilogy remains perhaps the most universally acclaimed film trilogy ever made (the only real competition being the first three Toy Story films). The original books continue to define and undergird the entire western fantasy genre - almost everything that came after is a knowing variation on what Tolkien established. Basically, LotR vies with Star Wars as the most influential pop fantasy of the 20th and 21st century.