The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando) | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I got bad news
Bad news meaning Supercharged will operate seasonally through 2030 and beyond? :D In theory this makes sense for capacity reasons since the new coaster won't add any capacity to the park and they'll need to take Simpsons offline shortly after that but I was hoping they could turn around a quick retheme or enhancement to make it less embarrassing during the off-season or something.

A simple retheme won't save it. They should never have copied the ride system from Skull Island in the first place.

Keep the attraction open until Universal can start from scratch on that plot and do something worthy.
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

The bigger problem with F&F has always been the ride system (although the ride film isn't doing it any favors). Making a new film would be much more costly than people realize, and would likely necessitate the ride stick around even longer to justify the investment.

Woof at this thread. :lmao: I guess USF should just double down on being the "festival" park like Epcot until it's time for its own eventual epic transformation. You guys hit it on the head earlier. It's not that they didn't invest in this park. It's that the additions didn't age well. But that's to be expected when they were nearly all screen-based. Here's hoping it gets some love soon.

Woof at this thread. :lmao: I guess USF should just double down on being the "festival" park like Epcot until it's time for its own eventual epic transformation. You guys hit it on the head earlier. It's not that they didn't invest in this park. It's that the additions didn't age well. But that's to be expected when they were nearly all screen-based. Here's hoping it gets some love soon.
While Pokemon is a ways down the road with its 2030 debut, It sounds like it will be quite ambitious with the amount of resources going into it and might make the wait worth it in the end. And who knows. Maybe after thats completed, Universal will turn around and redevelop the FFL stage and MIB into another new land.