The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 489 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to alter the convo to “when is an announcement coming out”, but was just wondering what you guys thought the first house that would get an announcement would be? Maybe Billie? As it would be the Teenager Appeal, just like Stranger Things was, and Stranger Things was the first announced...
I'm thinking that it's gonna be a mega-announcement, like it'll just be a masterlist of everything. I think right now people are thinking August 1st will be the announcement? Because supposedly the tribute store might open that day, but it's all just rumors of course.

Me? Just waiting for ticket options to be announced by the 22nd :grin:

I'm thinking that it's gonna be a mega-announcement, like it'll just be a masterlist of everything. I think right now people are thinking August 1st will be the announcement? Because supposedly the tribute store might open that day, but it's all just rumors of course.

Me? Just waiting for ticket options to be announced by the 22nd :grin:

This is probably most likely. I’d argue if they’d began announcing beginning of July they’d have had enough time to have a decently separated announce schedule but they’re past that now.

This is probably most likely. I’d argue if they’d began announcing beginning of July they’d have had enough time to have a decently separated announce schedule but they’re past that now.
Yeah, it's too late. It's all or nothing at this point. Honestly? I kinda love having to wait this long to see everything. Having a giant list of everything after all of this waiting will be great.

Yeah, it's too late. It's all or nothing at this point. Honestly? I kinda love having to wait this long to see everything. Having a giant list of everything after all of this waiting will be great.
I think at this point if they do split announcements we could get originals and scarezones at once, and IPs spread out over a couple of weeks, one at a time. I also think this allows them to buy time if any IP right holders are having cold feet. Then again not a lot of time.

I think at this point if they do split announcements we could get originals and scarezones at once, and IPs spread out over a couple of weeks, one at a time. I also think this allows them to buy time if any IP right holders are having cold feet. Then again not a lot of time.
If they want to promote before the event starts (going off announcements coming august 1) that’s two houses a week up till the event start. I’d imagine a huge drop just so they have everything to work with marketing wise. Also, don’t get your hopes up on scarezones existing this year

Reactions: reeseyNG
The last couple of years, the first announcement came the day after the BOGO sales ended. That’s this Thursday (and most announcements are historically on Thursdays).

That gives ten days of news before the Tribute store opens.

Now, I’ve heard a couple of reasons for the present delay that, if not resolved, would preclude an announcement from occurring still. But, if I had to make a bet, the 23rd is as good a day as any.

Didn't even think about that. If they DO end up splitting announcements I could see it being like:

30 YEARS! Anniversary + Icons + Billie/Beetlejuice Interchangeably -> Billie/Beetlejuice Interchangeably -> HoHH -> TCM -> OGs + Scarezones (?)

Though, admittedly, I am expecting one mega announcement.

The last couple of years, the first announcement came the day after the BOGO sales ended. That’s this Thursday (and most announcements are historically on Thursdays).

Now, I’ve heard a couple of reasons for the present delay that, if not resolved, would preclude an announcement from occurring still. But, if I had to make a bet, the 23rd is as good a day as any.

I would assume those reasons would be related to fear of bad press and certain IP's considering pulling out?

Also, you wouldn't happen to know if this includes ticket options would you? Ahah...

Not to alter the convo to “when is an announcement coming out”, but was just wondering what you guys thought the first house that would get an announcement would be? Maybe Billie? As it would be the Teenager Appeal, just like Stranger Things was, and Stranger Things was the first announced...
Well, they normally announce an IP house as the first house. This year I think they'll probably do a big dump (no pun intended, but now recognized as I typed it). It may not be all 10 houses. They could do something like breaking it up and announce the 5 IP houses then the 5 original houses.

Under normal circumstances, I would have assumed a big ticket IP would be the first house announced - likely Beetlejuice, HoHH, or Billie Eilish. I think they would have led off with HoHH as the first announcement. Beetlejuice is more of a throwback. And Eilish, while insanely popular, isn't universally recognized as horror or horror-adjacent. So my GUESS is that HoHH would have been the first announcement.

The only caveat to that is that it's an anniversary year. And, being as such, there is certainly an opportunity for them to announce "your favorite thrills are returning" type of deal with the Anniversary House...OR even "your favorite villains/icons are returning" and announce the Icons House. I'd actually prefer this to the IP announcement being first.

But, given that we're not in a normal year, I do think it'll be a mass-house announcement with the "headliners" being Beetlejuice, HoHH, and Eilish (if it's still coming). That way you capture the recent horror (HoHH), the older horror (Beetlejuice), and the young mainstream crowd (Eilish).

When they’ve done BOGO the last couple of years, ticket options went live with the first announcement.
Right. I'm not gonna bother you and be like "dO yOu kNoW iF thErE aRe mUlTiDaYs?" because I don't want to annoy you and I don't know if you even know that. Gonna bite the bullet and grab a $65 hotel flex. Does anyone know if you even have to be checked into the hotel for those? I live in the area I just want the AP discount hahah

If they want to promote before the event starts (going off announcements coming august 1) that’s two houses a week up till the event start. I’d imagine a huge drop just so they have everything to work with marketing wise. Also, don’t get your hopes up on scarezones existing this year
Obviously this is very fluid year, and I would be naive to think things can’t change, but as of now I have heard we will have scarezones. Now, will they be like what were used to? No, most likely not.
Honestly I’m good with heavy on the atmospheres, light on the scares. Scarezones are no where near what they used to be. They are bona fide photo ops.
Field of Screams of 2004 is one of the things that made me fall in love with HHN.

Obviously this is very fluid year, and I would be naive to think things can’t change, but as of now I have heard we will have scarezones. Now, will they be like what were used to? No, most likely not.
Honestly I’m good with heavy on the atmospheres, light on the scares. Scarezones are no where near what they used to be. They are bona fide photo ops.
Field of Screams of 2004 is one of the things that made me fall in love with HHN.
Yeah, I've heard we're getting scarezones that are nothing but spooky atmospheres with MAYBE a boohole or two. I'm actually kinda hyped for it. I know there won't be too many fog effects but MAN would walking through pure atmosphere is so much more nerve-wracking than a bunch of walk-around characters. I find myself wanting to talk to scareactors and see them interact in character more than being afraid of them!

Back from a long, long, long hiatus.

I think we're getting the first announcement on the 23rd after BOGO ends. If there's 10 days between that and the opening of the Tribute Store, I think we're looking at 8 consecutive days of house announcements. 1 announcement per day for the first 7 days, the last 3 houses dumped on day 8. We get shows and scare zones on day 9. The end.

No big ramp up this year because they're not going to be able to handle the crowds. They're tailoring for the super fans that will travel no matter what.

Yeah, I've heard we're getting scarezones that are nothing but spooky atmospheres with MAYBE a boohole or two. I'm actually kinda hyped for it. I know there won't be too many fog effects but MAN would walking through pure atmosphere is so much more nerve-wracking than a bunch of walk-around characters. I find myself wanting to talk to scareactors and see them interact in character more than being afraid of them!

I could seem them doing the show scenes like they did in the Hollywood section of the park for 25. I hope they ax the zone near San Francisco. That's tough to pass through most years as it is. I'm interested in seeing what they do with the remaining zones. I imagine a lot of stilt walkers if they use actors.

As far as the houses, I'm sure it's been mentioned already in the past 500 pages, but music-oriented houses aren't new. Alice Cooper was featured on both coasts in 2012. Billie definitely has wider appeal now than Cooper did in 2012. I think HoHH is going to be the headlining IP though, considering how valuable the Netflix partnership is for HHN. Beetlejuice is the one I'm most excited for personally. I don't think it would've happened if Ghostbusters hadn't been a success last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.