The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I could be totally off the mark on this one but I thought Teebin was talking about the effect they used for the angler fish in Nemo was the same effect they were going to use for this 50 scoop ice cream thing... from the innuendo around the conversation I have come to guess this is what he is talking about - The Knight bus is going to be part of the ride somehow.. whether we are on it or it drives around us and the bus is going to be HUGE or at least appear that way. Remember when we have screens they can make things look a hell of a lot bigger than that actually are... for example the castle. I could be wrong but thats my 2 cents.

There was talk about the whomping willow and kuka arms and all other sorts of nonsense but it didn't have anything to do with the icecream comment Teebin gave.

Wow... this just gets more and more confusing...

Based on the angler fish reference, we have sort of agreed that the riddle refers to a large element attached to a KUKA arm.

From my source, I know that the vehicle KUKA arm doesn't elevate us 50 feet, so Teebin is clearly talking about a very large show prop. It has been suggested that this prop is: a) whomping willow; b) dragon; or c) bus.

From the shape and dimensions of Teebin's illustration, it seems most likely that he's referring to a rather large whomping willow (dragons and buses tend to be more horizontal). My source says that there is no whomping willow with multiple KUKA arms, but I don't remember where I got the idea that it was implied that there was going to be multiple arms.

There was also a reference to this being mentioned in one of the interviews. WAIT!!! have we considered Aragog!

--- Update ---

If Aragog is sitting up his arms could be KUKA robotic arms and they could be in a sort of battle with our ride vehicle trying to capture us for a tasty morsel. Just an idea...

My source says that there is no whomping willow with multiple KUKA arms, but I don't remember where I got the idea that it was implied that there was going to be multiple arms.

Exactly. I never implied multiple. Someone else said that last night and I just replied that I didn't know and didn't want to imply anything multiple.

Today, I do know however... and multiple is not going to be the case here at all.

Grawp?

examplefu.png

Last edited:
I could be totally off the mark on this one but I thought Teebin was talking about the effect they used for the angler fish in Nemo was the same effect they were going to use for this 50 scoop ice cream thing... from the innuendo around the conversation I have come to guess this is what he is talking about - The Knight bus is going to be part of the ride somehow.. whether we are on it or it drives around us and the bus is going to be HUGE or at least appear that way. Remember when we have screens they can make things look a hell of a lot bigger than that actually are... for example the castle. I could be wrong but thats my 2 cents.

There was talk about the whomping willow and kuka arms and all other sorts of nonsense but it didn't have anything to do with the icecream comment Teebin gave.

I'm pretty sure its about the Willow the Knight Bus comment was mine and I realized I was way off almost immediately after I said it.

Another hint that I dare not offer as a full statement. There is a very good reason that I drew that diagram as I did. There was a more simple way that I could of described those dimensions. But I didn't. Why?

It is something I didn't know last night yet had questions about.

Another hint that I dare not offer as a full statement. There is a very good reason that I drew that diagram as I did. There was a more simple way that I could of described those dimensions. But I didn't. Why?

It is something I didn't know last night yet had questions about.

I'm assuming you drew it in three dimensions because the ride will take the vehicle around whatever it is?

Teebin just spill the beans. haha. Do u know anything about the Basilisk Teebin if u do and don't want 2 give it publically u can PM me. Thanks if u respond. Teebin u have great info. I don't know how u do it. lol

Maybe the Weasly's Car is on the Kuka Arm!?

Last edited:
Teebin just spill the beans. haha. Do u know anything about the Basilisk Teebin if u do and don't want 2 give it publically u can PM me. Thanks if u respond. Teebin u have great info. I don't know how u do it. lol

I have absolutely no knowledge of the Basilisk and neither do my contacts. Only hint we have about that are the drawings and the cobra heads out back at one time.

That is what most fascinates me about these large projects... How much or little someone with a big or little hand in the project might not know yet what they do know. While it might seem obvious to some it is quite something here in the Florida theme company industry.

Let's say, I received a contract to build one little animatronic for HP but that is it and I don't even know where it will be used (this is the case a lot on this project). However, I have a sub contract for a mall decoration but I must discuss with the lead contractor's team. I meet at their offices... after the meeting... someone says, "you HAVE to come see what we are working on but this is NDA". All of a sudden you are in a sculpting room seeing mega things from this project and going "cool!"

You might even say, "where will that be" and the person building it will say, "in the ride somewhere". You ask, "but where, what part?" and the answer will be, "WE DON'T KNOW!"

Let's say there is a anim dragon in this project. The final team will arrive to install and test it, blow fire etc... yet they will never see any other part of the ride.

Bizarre huh?

Last edited:
I have absolutely no knowledge of the Basilisk and neither do my contacts. Only hint we have about that are the drawings and the cobra heads out back at one time.

That is what most fascinates me about these large projects... How much or little someone with a big or little hand in the project might not know yet what they do know. While it might seem obvious to some it is quite something here in Florida. Let's say, I received a contract to build one little animatronic but that is it and I don't even know where it will be used (this is the case a lot on this project). However, I have a sub contract for a mall decoration but I must discuss with the contractor's team. I meet at their offices... after the meeting... someone says, "you HAVE to come see what we are working on but this is NDA". All of a sudden you are in a sculpting room seeing mega things from this project and going "cool!" You might even say, "where will that be" and the person building it will say, in the ride somewhere. You ask, "but where, what part?" and the answer will be, "WE DON'T KNOW!"

Let's say there is a anim dragon in this project. The final team will arrive to install and test it, blow fire etc... yet they will never see any other part of the ride.

Bizarre huh?

Thanks for this amazing insight into the world of theme park design. I want to be a designer eventually and I find this incredibly fascinating. Also was that a hint at a dragon?

Don't think there is a bus. I vote a dragon or whomping willow. No multiple arms.

One other possible idea though... what if that cylinder that Teebin drew was a moving screen on an arm and we were in the center of it? Just a thought.