The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well it paralyzes Hermione in COS and Ron is with Harry and Lockhart when they go fight it plus in DH they go back to the chamber to get a basilisk fang to destroy Horcruxes. So yeah they all interact with it.

Aah... forgot about what petrifies Hermione. I know nothing of the DH story. Sounds like good stuff is still coming!

BTW, ScottInNY, one of my contacts is fascinated like myself as to who your contact is. Cool news is that when my particular contact is wondering who it is... then you are getting good info, which I am sure you know. Fun stuff.

Teebin, do you consider The Whomping Willow a character?

Ooops... I am missing lots tonight... I consider everything that has movement of some kind a character... I believe that is what the author intended. Even the marauders map and room of requirement is a character in my descriptions. That is why these books took off... everything is a character with its own personality. I hope that not a few of you understand what I am getting at.

Last edited:
Aah... forgot about what petrifies Hermione. I know nothing of the DH story. Sounds like good stuff is still coming!

BTW, ScottInNY, one of my contacts is fascinated like myself as to who your contact is. Cool news is that when my particular contact is wondering who it is... then you are getting good info, which I am sure you know. Fun stuff.

I feel so honored that I've befriended this person. S/he seems extremely kind and very generous of spirit. Having typed that, I want to be very clear that my contact is being extremely careful and hasn't typed anything that even vaguely resembles a breach of his/her NDA. (I wish I knew more!) It is clear from the messages that this person is extremely professional and extremely dedicated to creating a truly magical experience for all of us to share for many years to come.

For those here that wish to be a member of Universal Creative, an Imagineer or work for any number of firms focused on the entertainment industry, I honor your dreams. Working in a profession that has at it's very core the desire to make people feel - in all the flavors of emotions - is a truly blessed goal. Go for it! I can't wait to ride your rides.

I know I've thrown it out there before, but what about the dementor(s)? The dementor is/are a character(s) that is a huge problem for all three kids in the third book and the rest of the series.

Could be, but I'm thinking that the dementors is going to be the cool mist screen effect.

Someone please clarify something. Was the mist screen reported by SAS, or someone else? It seems that a lot of the information that SAS brought us was false and unfortunately a few major assumptions are based on that false information: sadly The Forbidden Journey isn't 7:33. It seems that the time isn't set yet, so I don't know how long it is, but I have been told that it will be wonderful and fulfilling and definitely sate our appetite for a truly spectacular experience, but it is shorter than the 7:33 reported by SAS.

--- Update ---

Rest assured that Universal went all out on this project. Of course they are concerned about practical matters, but the God of Theme Parks definitely shone down on this project. Be excited. Be very excited.

Could be, but I'm thinking that the dementors is going to be the cool mist screen effect.

Someone please clarify something. Was the mist screen reported by SAS, or someone else? It seems that a lot of the information that SAS brought us was false and unfortunately a few major assumptions are based on that false information: sadly The Forbidden Journey isn't 7:33. It seems that the time isn't set yet, so I don't know how long it is, but I have been told that it will be wonderful and fulfilling and definitely sate our appetite for a truly spectacular experience, but it is shorter than the 7:33 reported by SAS.

I only reported that the company that created the fog screen effect was on contract. I have the comptroller. Someone else posted that it would be a dementor. I too have vague info that 7:33 is probably turn around time for each vehicle. An unreliable source told me it is under 4 minutes for the ride. Although unreliable, it makes sense numbers wise. They must hit 1800-2200 per hour or it will be a lasting problem.

Yeah Teebin I feel like we've gotten to know each other better as I have solved your riddles and provided you with ways to subtley hint at things (ice cream scoops) and would like to formally apologize for ever doubting you concerning SAS and all other things.

Lol at SAS...what was he trying to achieve when he was here, attention!? Thanks for the cool hints Teebin! It's so crazy trying to figure the ride out...there are going to be so many tiny details!

So Dementors may not be computer generated or made possible by Musion. They could possibly be real AAs...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

If they are real, there has to be a sign telling people to go to the bathroom before riding FJ. I feel sorry for the person sitting next to the winner of the Butterbeer Chugging Contest! :lol: :ack:

If the ride and queue represent approximately an hour, than I suspect that somewhere along the queue there are bathrooms. I could be wrong, but it would make sense.

As much as I would like to believe that I just don't see it happening as no other rides in Uni have bathrooms in the queues even ones like Ripsaw which get extremely long and claustrophobic.

Well, a word of advice to all of us future Forbidden Journey riders. Ride first, Butterbeer later. Bathrooms before queueing up.

--- Update ---

OH!!!! INSIDE SCOOP...

On the Warning notice in front of the ride it says, "People with a weak bladder are not permitted to ride."

+ + +

Belated April Fools!

You're right, it can't be the bus. How could the Knight Bus get onto the Hogwarts grounds or navigate the Forbidden Forest? It's not screens though, as Teebin said a couple of pages back that he THOUGHT they would do this effect with screens, but after hearing this new insight from his source, he was proven wrong, and that they would be using something that had to do with the "angler fish" (KUKA ARMS!).

Wow... do you seriously think that because the ride is in the castle at Hogwarts that the jorney is going to be only inside the castle? I would be disappointed if we get on the forbidden journey and they only take us through Hogwarts and the forbidden forrest. I am hoping for more!

Phew... my contacts approved of my vague and goofy ways of posting their information. I was REALLY concerned that they might have problems with that today as I did not receive approval.

Also... I almost made a big big boo boo last night when I almost got to specific about something, as one press source posted an article or video that said something would happen with one effect somewhere specific in the WW. My contact said, well, we created it, but that ain't gonna happen!

The press, gotta love'm and be careful with what they say at the same time.

Last edited:
The following is a combination of emails by my source. He has been working on the ride since the beginning and here are some clips of his thoughts and comments on the ride: ENJOY!!

From latest email Mar 31 -

"Hey! Just thought I'd pop in and let you know how the project is coming along. Although we are going through some challenges in cycling multiple vehicles (remember we are shooting for 47) and we don't yet have all the show systems working yet, this ride is shaping up to be exactly as Universal has been hyping it. I know Universal hypes every new project and usually the reality doesn't live up to the hype but in this case I don't think they are going overboard in any way and I doubt anyone will be disappointed. All of you dark ride fans will not want to miss this groundbreaking attraction. Yes we are aiming for a mid-April soft opening but I wouldn't hold my breath. Things change on an hourly basis with this project and we still have quite a bit of work to do."

"And the ride inside is coming along nicely as well. I promise you won't be disappointed. From the entry, queue and load area to the amazing Quidditch match, the dementors suckingg your soul, the spiders, the willow and the dragon encounter. You will finally be able to walk off of a ride in Central Florida and say, "wow that was better than I thought it would be.""

"The Forbidden Journey scenic is being installed and it is absolutely stunning! We are starting to see things put together and it does not disappoint. There are many challenges with just these show elements in that many of them are 30 or 40 feet above ground. many of the major effects have been mocked up and tested and some are even more impressive than we expected. As I've said before I think the ride will be ready by early Spring. For all those who do not plan on experiencing this ride I would say you would be missing out on a major breakthrough in the history of dark rides."

"I can tell you Universal is having major problems with the HP dark ride. But the problems are a result of their own egos and CYA attitude. When I say there are problems I mean they are massive in scope: to the point where they should be re engineering the entire ride system, even after most of it has been fabricated already. Unfortunately they have been burying their heads in the sand and nobody will admit what needs to be done.

That being said, the plans for this ride are far more ambitious than anything Disney has completed in over 13 years here in Florida. I have seen similar problems with some Disney projects..hehehmmmm Test Track. They will open Potter however and it will be a huge success despite its unusually high downtime and low capacity. At least Potter is going to be ten times more entertaining and fun than Test Track could hope to be."

Enjoy and DISCUSS!

Last edited: