The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Am I the only one nervous that they never mention Basalik. I mean I really want to see it in the ride and I know I say the scupted heads that are in the chamber of secrets. But why would they not brag about a huge awesome snake encounter!?

The following is a combination of emails by my source. He has been working on the ride since the beginning and here are some clips of his thoughts and comments on the ride: ENJOY!!

From latest email Mar 31 -

"Hey! Just thought I'd pop in and let you know how the project is coming along. Although we are going through some challenges in cycling multiple vehicles (remember we are shooting for 47) and we don't yet have all the show systems working yet, this ride is shaping up to be exactly as Universal has been hyping it. I know Universal hypes every new project and usually the reality doesn't live up to the hype but in this case I don't think they are going overboard in any way and I doubt anyone will be disappointed. All of you dark ride fans will not want to miss this groundbreaking attraction. Yes we are aiming for a mid-April soft opening but I wouldn't hold my breath. Things change on an hourly basis with this project and we still have quite a bit of work to do."

"And the ride inside is coming along nicely as well. I promise you won't be disappointed. From the entry, queue and load area to the amazing Quidditch match, the dementors suckingg your soul, the spiders, the willow and the dragon encounter. You will finally be able to walk off of a ride in Central Florida and say, "wow that was better than I thought it would be.""

"The Forbidden Journey scenic is being installed and it is absolutely stunning! We are starting to see things put together and it does not disappoint. There are many challenges with just these show elements in that many of them are 30 or 40 feet above ground. many of the major effects have been mocked up and tested and some are even more impressive than we expected. As I've said before I think the ride will be ready by early Spring. For all those who do not plan on experiencing this ride I would say you would be missing out on a major breakthrough in the history of dark rides."

"I can tell you Universal is having major problems with the HP dark ride. But the problems are a result of their own egos and CYA attitude. When I say there are problems I mean they are massive in scope: to the point where they should be re engineering the entire ride system, even after most of it has been fabricated already. Unfortunately they have been burying their heads in the sand and nobody will admit what needs to be done.

That being said, the plans for this ride are far more ambitious than anything Disney has completed in over 13 years here in Florida. I have seen similar problems with some Disney projects..hehehmmmm Test Track. They will open Potter however and it will be a huge success despite its unusually high downtime and low capacity. At least Potter is going to be ten times more entertaining and fun than Test Track could hope to be."

Enjoy and DISCUSS!

I will let you take this ScottInNY... as you don't like my contradictory side. :smiley:

OMG! 95 pages. I have 85 some pages to read tonight. Can some one give me the cliff notes?

oh ps. I need ALOT more votes. Im still in the top spot but the retired cop is catching up quick. PLEASE click the link below and press vote. THANKS SOOO MUCH!!

Now back to reading the 80 some pages.

The following is a combination of emails by my source. He has been working on the ride since the beginning and here are some clips of his thoughts and comments on the ride: ENJOY!!

"Hey! Just thought I'd pop in and let you know how the project is coming along. Although we are going through some challenges in cycling multiple vehicles (remember we are shooting for 47) and we don't yet have all the show systems working yet, this ride is shaping up to be exactly as Universal has been hyping it. I know Universal hypes every new project and usually the reality doesn't live up to the hype but in this case I don't think they are going overboard in any way and I doubt anyone will be disappointed. All of you dark ride fans will not want to miss this groundbreaking attraction. Yes we are aiming for a mid-April soft opening but I wouldn't hold my breath. Things change on an hourly basis with this project and we still have quite a bit of work to do."

"And the ride inside is coming along nicely as well. I promise you won't be disappointed. From the entry, queue and load area to the amazing Quidditch match, the dementors suckingg your soul, the spiders, the willow and the dragon encounter. You will finally be able to walk off of a ride in Central Florida and say, "wow that was better than I thought it would be.""

"The Forbidden Journey scenic is being installed and it is absolutely stunning! We are starting to see things put together and it does not disappoint. There are many challenges with just these show elements in that many of them are 30 or 40 feet above ground. many of the major effects have been mocked up and tested and some are even more impressive than we expected. As I've said before I think the ride will be ready by early Spring. For all those who do not plan on experiencing this ride I would say you would be missing out on a major breakthrough in the history of dark rides."

"I can tell you Universal is having major problems with the HP dark ride. But the problems are a result of their own egos and CYA attitude. When I say there are problems I mean they are massive in scope: to the point where they should be re engineering the entire ride system, even after most of it has been fabricated already. Unfortunately they have been burying their heads in the sand and nobody will admit what needs to be done.

That being said, the plans for this ride are far more ambitious than anything Disney has completed in over 13 years here in Florida. I have seen similar problems with some Disney projects..hehehmmmm Test Track. They will open Potter however and it will be a huge success despite its unusually high downtime and low capacity. At least Potter is going to be ten times more entertaining and fun than Test Track could hope to be."

Enjoy and DISCUSS!

This wasnt emailed to you. This is VERBATIM quote from WhyLightBulb from WDWmagic.com. Nice try though.

Enjoy and DISCUSS!

Justin I am insanely confused by this post as it contradicts itself multiple times.

Glad someone caught on, but obviously you didn't want to take the time to post it here, so I did. How was I to know if he wanted to have this info spread, so I kept his identity a secret. Well, did until you had to let the cat out of the bag.

--- Update ---

As icandrawem2's post implied i took this from another forum but made it look like an email to try and protect their identity. Now this person is going to receive dozens of email I'm sure... I was only reiterating the info this person has posted. That is all. Just trying to add something fresh to the thread. Kinda sick of reading posts about scoops and the same old stuff being posted over and over.

Nice post Justin! And you're not the only one who is afraid and fearful Harry Fan. I REALLY REALLY want to see the Basilisk on the ride too! But no one ever mentions him.

When the ride opens, that may be the only question I'll ask you guys...was the Basilisk on the ride(only PM me if the answer is no)? That way I could deal with the disappointment and prepare for the other awesomeness that the FJ will definitely be.

Wow... do you seriously think that because the ride is in the castle at Hogwarts that the jorney is going to be only inside the castle? I would be disappointed if we get on the forbidden journey and they only take us through Hogwarts and the forbidden forrest. I am hoping for more!

A. No need to be aggressive. B. There hasn't been ANYTHING that implies that we are going anywhere but the castle, the grounds, and the forbidden forest. Where else would we go? L

During one of the book launches - this 20 foot tall Whomping Willow was on display.. I could easily see something like this in the ride but on a larger scale...

901132795_24412f6055.jpg