The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thats pretty amazing, but does that mean that the problem is not with the KUKA but with all the safety systems...how often would that effect the larger kukas? unless they can just put up a gate around it to stop people. ha

Well FJ will be different - you are in cased on a magical bench with OTS restraints. Nemo is an omni mover type attraction that consists of no restraints other than a sliding door into the clam. I doubt FJ will have clearance issues.

That's very good to know !

It doesn't make sense to me why on the Nemo ride the angler is on a kuka arm while almost everything else is a projection. Was it just a "we'll do it cuz we can" kind of things?

Though i will say that when i saw it, I was startled to see a real angler fish coming at me (perhaps what they wanted) I get tense in Dark rides like that because it's dark and you're moving slow, it always has that feeling of Something is going to jump out at me

Last edited:
If you see it in action working properly it really adds to the ride and not all of Nemo is projections but most of the most consistently working parts are.
Also sidenote I'm watching POA again and I definitely think Hogsmeade Village and FOTH are modeled after the scenes in this movie and take place during that time which explains the pumpkins and the Sirius Black poster in 3 Broomsticks. But Dragon Challenge takes place during GOF which makes me wonder when FJ takes place as I don't think Dumbledore would be giving tours to Muggles when an killer is on the loose or after Voldemort returns which makes me think FJ takes place during GOF as well or possibly during OOTP as it could be part of a ministry initiative hence the Ministry Decrees all over the land and specifically Hogwarts. What do you guys think am I reading too far into things??

If you see it in action working properly it really adds to the ride and not all of Nemo is projections but most of the most consistently working parts are.
Also sidenote I'm watching POA again and I definitely think Hogsmeade Village and FOTH are modeled after the scenes in this movie and take place during that time which explains the pumpkins and the Sirius Black poster in 3 Broomsticks. But Dragon Challenge takes place during GOF which makes me wonder when FJ takes place as I don't think Dumbledore would be giving tours to Muggles when an killer is on the loose or after Voldemort returns which makes me think FJ takes place during GOF as well or possibly during OOTP as it could be part of a ministry initiative hence the Ministry Decrees all over the land and specifically Hogwarts. What do you guys think am I reading too far into things??

I think you are. Uo said that th island was going to be taken from all the books and movies. So personally I don't think you're right, but thats just me.

Well FJ can't take place after book 6 as spoilers: Dumbledore would be dead. and it can't be during book 4 since there was no quidditch that year so it has to be book 5 which makes sense with the ministry taking over Hogwarts and whatnot. It just depends on how old the "kids" (Harry, Ron, Hermione) look.

How long will you be in the Orlando area? I have it on good authority that The Wizarding World will remain under wraps at least until the end of the month and perhaps even longer.

That's very good to know !

It doesn't make sense to me why on the Nemo ride the angler is on a kuka arm while almost everything else is a projection. Was it just a "we'll do it cuz we can" kind of things?

Though i will say that when i saw it, I was startled to see a real angler fish coming at me (perhaps what they wanted) I get tense in Dark rides like that because it's dark and you're moving slow, it always has that feeling of Something is going to jump out at me

A big reason they used a Kuka arm for the angler is because they had a few lying around that they couldn't use due to Universal snagging the exclusive rights for using them as a ride base. Disney was testing them for potential projects (Incredibles ride) and repurposed them. They used the other arms they had for the Stitch attraction that replaced the ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter. They are the guns that come out of the ceiling.

A big reason they used a Kuka arm for the angler is because they had a few lying around that they couldn't use due to Universal snagging the exclusive rights for using them as a ride base. Disney was testing them for potential projects (Incredibles ride) and repurposed them. They used the other arms they had for the Stitch attraction that replaced the ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter. They are the guns that come out of the ceiling.

Interesting to know so when did Universal get those rights?

OH how funny i was thinking those resembled the arms. That's smart.
Any more news on the whomping willow? Also, how have they been getting these major set pieces into the show building without us noticing? I get doing it in small parts at a time but you'd think we'd have seen more than just the dome screens, is it all done at night?

That's an interesting question, I wonder if maybe they've been there all along? Maybe they were brought in with construction materials when the exterior walls went up. Or maybe they come in much smaller pieces.

Would they really pay crews overtime to bring stuff in under cover of night?

You're definitely going with the evidence, but the evidence may be misleading. Remember, the name of Sirius Black is NEVER vindicated prior to his death -- remember that the Ministry blames Voldemort's actions on Black during OOTP. So the "Wanted" posters could work anytime prior to the end of OOTP. Also, Dumbledore is still alive, which places it before the end of HBP. Add in the Tri-wizard tournament, the Beauxbaton girls and Durmstrang boys we saw in the "Ellen" vid -- I think we've got this one safely nestled in the end of 3rd year, beginning of 4th year (end of POA, beginning of GOF) . Sure, there's no quidditch during GOF, but there's the Quidditch World Cup. I'm not saying that FJ will take us to the World Cup, but there are many options here that don't necessarily put the whole WWoHP in a certain time: quidditch practice, an un-written exhibition game, or even a Time-turner trick. The point is, they want a number of things with WWoHP: the characters (alive), the stories, and the best scenes for FJ and the other rides. My guess is that a technicality ("There's no quidditch during GOF!") won't stop them from putting a kick-butt quidditch sequence in FJ. However, major details ("Wait a minute, that character was killed by this point...") would be a bigger issue, one that would have been stopped by JKR in the planning phase.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much! But it's fun....

Perhaps its all been in the building since it was built or maybe theyre bringing it over from the service building or maybe theyre bringing it in at night. Plus its hard to see what goes on on the other side of the ride. Also someone might have seen it but to the untrained eye a robot arm probably just looks like metal tubes. Also in the ride vehicle pic (which is now gone) there were some Kukas with no seats on them that might be for show elements.

You're definitely going with the evidence, but the evidence may be misleading. Remember, the name of Sirius Black is NEVER vindicated prior to his death -- remember that the Ministry blames Voldemort's actions on Black during OOTP. So the "Wanted" posters could work anytime prior to the end of OOTP. Also, Dumbledore is still alive, which places it before the end of HBP. Add in the Tri-wizard tournament, the Beauxbaton girls and Durmstrang boys we saw in the "Ellen" vid -- I think we've got this one safely nestled in the end of 3rd year, beginning of 4th year (end of POA, beginning of GOF) . Sure, there's no quidditch during GOF, but there's the Quidditch World Cup. I'm not saying that FJ will take us to the World Cup, but there are many options here that don't necessarily put the whole WWoHP in a certain time: quidditch practice, an un-written exhibition game, or even a Time-turner trick. The point is, they want a number of things with WWoHP: the characters (alive), the stories, and the best scenes for FJ and the other rides. My guess is that a technicality ("There's no quidditch during GOF!") won't stop them from putting a kick-butt quidditch sequence in FJ. However, major details ("Wait a minute, that character was killed by this point...") would be a bigger issue, one that would have been stopped by JKR in the planning phase.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much! But it's fun....

Good analysis, except the actors were filmed during or after HBP, and Harry and Ron's hair was excessively long during the 4th movie. I think it's further along in the timeline.