The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I figure that has something to do with the size of the show building ! :happy:
which is epic !! i figured huge set pieces but this is...awesome! And plus i thought the Kuka Arm technology was supposed to be reliable, and thats why they are used in the automotive industry for so long. Last time i was at EPCOT Nemo angler was up and running rather well. But hey i'm no engineer (yet mwahahaha)

Yes, you're exactly right. KAKAs are very reliable...it's the programming that has the bugs.

HOW DID NO ONE NOTICE I SADI KAKA INSTEAD OF KUKA....BUUAHAHAHAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Last edited:
Greenhouses please and on a side note I was thinking that if the FJ has Dementors when we get to Filch's Emporium there should be a TM handing out chocolate to everyone who gets off the ride :)

So:
screamscape: RT @matpez Dueling Dragons using most of old queue through caves today. All skulls, webs and other removed. Just cave walls and lanterns

Yes... this is hard to explain without pics... because I didn't have my camera going into Dragons (of course, I know) but I also didn't expect this. We went through the exit like normal, except they turned us left down the Fire exit. About halfway down the Fire exit tunnel they sent us through an emergency exit door, up some stairs in a very white and plain escape stairwell and out another emergency exit door. We were in the caves. And far back. Basically just past the old Ice room with the frozen knight... right by the fake big closed wooden doors, which are still there. From this point onward we walked the ENTIRE caves queue back to the ride. There is no better way to say this. EVERYTHING. ALL skulls, spiderwebs, writing, audio, lighting effects, EVERYTHING was gone. We were walking through dark caves lit by lanterns. All the cave walls were obviously recently smoothed over, removing the holes that would have been left by all the skulls, bones, etc.
That's it. Nothing else to report. Don't even bother to ask about any specific room, theme, audio, lighting, anything. It is all gone and it is just a dark cave...
Maybe this will change, but I doubt it. It looked done.

Last time i was at EPCOT Nemo angler was up and running rather well. But hey i'm no engineer (yet mwahahaha)

One of the problems with Nemo and Friend's Angler is that it had a bunch of safety features put in place. Although it had a black wire mesh place in front to guard it from the potential person wanting to jump the car and go reach it; it also depends on PRS. Proximity Relay Sensors, using Infra Red Tech to make sure there is no intruding objects in the way of the KUKA. Any consistent flash photography sends the PRS system into seizure mode and causes the KUKA to E-Stop until it has about 15 minutes to reset itself. *Similar to what Splash Mountain uses to determine if someone is standing up right before the big drop into the Briar Patch* Pretty neat technology, can't wait to see how they use something similar in FJ.

--- Update ---

Popping over to IOA today, any specific photo requests?

Just anything that looks different....

Last edited:
^^ Booo! Reckon JK Rowling had anything to do with it? That being said, there must have been SOME creativity left to furnish the caves with "cool stuff" that doesn't suggest violence and death :/

EDIT: (In response to Matpez)

Last edited:
Wow, looks like I missed tons of FJ info last night :jaw: And yes, it should be added to the disclaimers on the signs, 'Please do not eat or drink anything at least 2 hours before riding, or you may regret it' :rofl: Can't wait to see if all of this actually comes to pass.

I got another private message from my Universal source... First, I feel so honored to be receiving these messages. Thank you source.

This one is about the 55 feet rumors. My source - as well as myself - are a little confused. We're not sure if the alluded to range of motion is in reference to a prop or the ride vehicle. My source was very clear in saying that at no point do we extend 55 feet above the track and suggested that it was much closer to half that.

As Teebin has time and time again proven his information, this makes the puzzle even more curious. I am thinking that what is being implied is the movement of a prop. (My source didn't mention this, so please understand this is pure speculation.) It was stated that if this was in reference to a whomping willow having multiple KUKA arms, that wasn't accurate.

I think we all agree that Teebin is an excellent source (although with a rather unique sense of humor), so I am confused and curious. Teebin, when you are free to be clearer, please do so. Your information, as always, is extremely appreciated.

The only thing I could see being added are school banners in the caves. Really, what else could you do?

Based on the film: the sound of chanting crowds in the distance, the forest (when Hagrid shows the dragons to Harry), the Champions' Tent, and general knowledge/lore of dragons to get the rider all worked up about it.

If they DON'T do anything other than cavern walls, DC will be the longest and possibly worst queue ever, only after the original Dueling Dragons, because DD was at least menacing/interesting/"oh-that's-cool". I remember commenting on it the first time I rode it, that it was the only queue I thought was worth actually enduring due to the theming.

I'm watching POA again now and noticed that every ride in the WWOHP is themed around the concept of flight and just found that interesting. Also I just saw the sign that says Hogwarts and Hogsmeade as shown in one of Mookie's pics of the day.

I think my previous post confused some people as I've received a PM. My apologies. I think the key information is that the KUKA arm doesn't extend 55 feet above track level and that there isn't a whomping willow with multiple KUKA arms. Perhaps, as was suggested by a recent post (not my "source") that there is a whomping willow that is 55 feet tall. That seems very possible to me and as I haven't heard either way from my source, maybe that solves the mystery of Teebin's puzzle. That does sound very cool.

Perhaps soon I will get another PM and this will be confirmed or negated. We'll see.

I really do enjoy this forum...

Last edited:
Thanks for that update, Matpez. Sad to know that the actual interesting parts of the queue as we knew it are gone. Wonder if those props will be scrapped like Blizzrock and Pyrock?
Also, am I the only one that geeked out when seeing we're on the 88th page?

One of the problems with Nemo and Friend's Angler is that it had a bunch of safety features put in place. Although it had a black wire mesh place in front to guard it from the potential person wanting to jump the car and go reach it; it also depends on PRS. Proximity Relay Sensors, using Infra Red Tech to make sure there is no intruding objects in the way of the KUKA. Any consistent flash photography sends the PRS system into seizure mode and causes the KUKA to E-Stop until it has about 15 minutes to reset itself. *Similar to what Splash Mountain uses to determine if someone is standing up right before the big drop into the Briar Patch* Pretty neat technology, can't wait to see how they use something similar in FJ.

--- Update ---

Thats pretty amazing, but does that mean that the problem is not with the KUKA but with all the safety systems...how often would that effect the larger kukas? unless they can just put up a gate around it to stop people. ha

Well with the Nemo ride it runs slow enough and the restraints aren't very strong so it would be very easy to exit the ride vehicle. On FJ with over the shoulder restraints on a Kuka arm there is no way we will be able to exit the vehicle so I see no reason any of the effects will require this.

Since theres been so much talk about the Angler Fish here's a photo of it behind the scenes:
AnglerFish.jpg

And one of what it looks like in action:
AFinaction.jpg

How funny i never noticed the net. But when you're on it it's hard to see it anyway because it's about the size of a fish too.