The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You shall not offend Rhys Darby!

--- Update ---

Back on Page 38 it mentions Voldemort being in the ride... Is this confirmed or is it a fake (like someone)? *Cough* *Cough* SAS. Honestly after seeing those pictures of the Basilisk prop from the movie, I would really hate for this to not be in the ride. I am sure JK Rowling was thinking of Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey when writing the CoS (<- Joke).

Last edited:
Oh, and another thing is that Universal said we would be seeing the Founders of the Houses for the first time, isn't that giant statue in the Chamber of Secrets Salazar Slytherin himself?
Does anyone know why SAS came along to annoy us? Seriously, what a deuce... He said he would post answers ages ago, blackmailed Teebin (I think) then left. Cool...

The statue is the Architect of Hogwarts, not any of the founders.

OMG! 95 pages. I have 85 some pages to read tonight. Can some one give me the cliff notes?

oh ps. I need ALOT more votes. Im still in the top spot but the retired cop is catching up quick. PLEASE click the link below and press vote. THANKS SOOO MUCH!!

Now back to reading the 80 some pages.

SUPPORT OUR COMMUNITY AND VOTE FOR THE goddess! I did.

--- Update ---

Sorry out of topic but does anyone know how The Mystic Fountain talks to people???

I actually know - acquaintance - one of The Mystic Fountain operators. The person who can really answer this (the acquaintance is a much better friend to) is stephenlandsman.

Stephen, you should write about this...

--- Update ---

Finally caught up (you go to bed and)...

Give me a moment to catch my breath and I'll post some thoughts I have.

Can someone give me a soft opening date that agrees with my schedule. lol

Now even the mention of soft opening only hacks off half of you, now what can I do to the other half? In a stirring mood!!!

ps TatooGodess needs your vote, that sister is losing ground!!!

This is my first photo update, so bear with me :p! I warn you the quality isn't exellent, but I was mostly sticking camera through/over construction walls and kept getting shifty looks :p Anyway, I did my best to try and find pictures that haven't been posted here yet, probably failed, but here it goes:

100_0822.jpg

More mud application?
100_0824.jpg

Final touches continue all through the Wizarding World
100_0828.jpg

100_0829.jpg

The final steeple is still begging for a paint job
100_0843.jpg

Random one, but if anyone is interested in the flooring used around Hogsmeade...
100_0847.jpg

100_0849.jpg

Make-do tunnel through Hogsmeade to access the last days of Dueling Dragons
100_0842.jpg

Dragon Challenge flags all tied up
100_0851.jpg

I guess banners are going here?
100_0853.jpg

Extend this bland image to form a queue line, and you have the wondrously dull new Dragon Challenge cave are!
100_0862.jpg

From what I could tell, the "Fire Dragon" and "Ice Dragon" signage is just a cover up for whatever names are underneath it...Hungarian Horntail etc?
100_0863.jpg

Safety boards now with Ministry of Magic frames
100_0864.jpg

Are these arch ways new? I think I'm just seeing things now XD
100_0865.jpg

Sneaky picture of the hogs through a hole in the wall ;)
100_0880.jpg

Ok now for the fail greenhouse pics. I have no idea how you guys snap good pictures of this section :S
100_0883.jpg

100_0882.jpg

100_0893.jpg

100_0837.jpg

100_0834.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics, its been a long time since we have had an update!! Don't be too hard on yourself the new construction walls/temp walls etc have made it harder to get those right angles, most likely the reasons we have had so few recent photo updates.

Surprised so many people still working on the externals, these were taken at Easter?

^Great Photo Update! I cant believe they're doing that to DD though, I will be extremly mad if the rest of the queue has been torn apart like that. They really should have left it alone. That was one of the best scenes in the entire queue if im not mistaken.

Thank for the update. I keep trying to post updates myself but after I upload pics from my PC I get a messege that says upload failed. Can any one help or have any tips?

For anyone who thinks those speakers on the greenhouse are out of place, I just realized that there are in fact megaphone speakers in the Order of the Phoenix at Hogwarts when Umbridge takes over Hogwarts.

For anyone who thinks those speakers on the greenhouse are out of place, I just realized that there are in fact megaphone speakers in the Order of the Phoenix at Hogwarts when Umbridge takes over Hogwarts.

:smiley: yep, OotP speakers (except the coloring is different haha). I think its cool and an authentic way to be able to make announcments for such things as broken down ride.

Thanks for the photos Jolber! I love how the greenhouses and walkways look. Is it me or does it look as though the greenhouses rusting looks more aged and different colors than before?

Thanks for the pictures Jolber. Especially the pavement. I have been wanting to see the pavement designs for months. I am happy that they went with a very shallow profile. I was worried that it might be like the cobblestones between New York and Amity... a near nightmare to walk on.

I am also hoping that they covered up that Hogsmeade sign to fill in the ridiculous TM they cut into it.

Last edited:
New here, actually been trolling for a few weeks hoping for a soft opening april 10th to 18th when I am there. Now instead of soft opening I get to look forward to a little less of a crowd for the rest of the park