Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Virtual Line passes are still available for all attractions using it today (even Hagrid). Today is virtually empty. Comparable to day 1 of TM previews.
Yea, outside of a backup from rope drop, doesn't look like there's anyone at all down there
That live feed is the least amount of people I’ve ever seen in the parks. It looks like pre-hurricane crowds.

Keep in mind, attractions with Virtual Lines have very full physical queues. I just waited in line 45 minutes for Forbidden Journey. Not bad for a Friday in June but not by any stretch a walk on. Even though return times are 30 minutes long, I would advise leaving a gap between reservations and not stacking back to back.

Hagrids was so clogged around 11 that they cancelled my Virtual Line reservation and converted it to a one-time use Express. Still valid at Hagrids but they didn’t want people showing up then.

Keep in mind, attractions with Virtual Lines have very full physical queues. I just waited in line 45 minutes for Forbidden Journey. Not bad for a Friday in June but not by any stretch a walk on. Even though return times are 30 minutes long, I would advise leaving a gap between reservations and not stacking back to back.

Hagrids was so clogged around 11 that they cancelled my Virtual Line reservation and converted it to a one-time use Express. Still valid at Hagrids but they didn’t want people showing up then.

How’re you feeling there? Does it feel safe overall? Or are the lines too close?

Reactions: HandsomePete

So you wait VQ aren't just you wait this long and then basically walk on?

So you wait VQ aren't just you wait this long and then basically walk on?
No. You wait in the VL and then you wait in the physical queue, six feet away from others.

Aside from early morning Hagrid on Wednesday, I have waited at least 20 minutes in every physical queue after redeeming my VL return time. Hagrid was 40 from the arch. FJ was 45.

I’m sure that late in the afternoon the physical queues get shorter, but I would plan on around 30 minutes any time you arrive at an attraction with a reservation. Also, this is before Express has really ramped up with on-site hotel guests, so it’s going to get longer. VL is not a FastPass - it’s just to 1) meter the rate at which people get in line so wait times don’t spike while operating at reduced capacity and 2) make sure there aren’t socially distanced queues routing all over the park.

Last edited:
Debated which thread to post this, but feel like the other is more strictly informational.Mods feel free to move,

Went to Universal for long lunch today. Arriving around 12:30, only hassle was the parking booths (which took way too long given the sparse crowd). The social distancing of parking spaces is good for door dings, but otherwise feels utterly superfluous. Temp check barely slowed me down.

Most everyone wore masks, but social distancing a real issue on walkways, both in garage and CityWalk. No one moves at the same pace.

Despite the expected "First" crowd, as dead I've seen it -- and I was an AP before 9/11. It's bad, fam. I'm hoping things improve once the mask requirement is inevitably lifted (not sure if that could be as early as 2 weeks or 4), because right now staff and guests feel about on par. Those of you who know me know I'm far from in-shape and pushing 50, but really not sure I'll be back to a dry park while mask requirement in effect. It was that rough, with not enough shade or a/c spots.

Most bars reopen, tho you can't sit at Moes. Finns has put tables right at the bar and moved (half) the stools to the interior bar, which is weird but surprisingly effective,

All in all, it was good to be back. Just might be another 3 months until I return.

Debated which thread to post this, but feel like the other is more strictly informational.Mods feel free to move,

Went to Universal for long lunch today. Arriving around 12:30, only hassle was the parking booths (which took way too long given the sparse crowd). The social distancing of parking spaces is good for door dings, but otherwise feels utterly superfluous. Temp check barely slowed me down.

Most everyone wore masks, but social distancing a real issue on walkways, both in garage and CityWalk. No one moves at the same pace.

Despite the expected "First" crowd, as dead I've seen it -- and I was an AP before 9/11. It's bad, fam. I'm hoping things improve once the mask requirement is inevitably lifted (not sure if that could be as early as 2 weeks or 4), because right now staff and guests feel about on par. Those of you who know me know I'm far from in-shape and pushing 50, but really not sure I'll be back to a dry park while mask requirement in effect. It was that rough, with not enough shade or a/c spots.

Most bars reopen, tho you can't sit at Moes. Finns has put tables right at the bar and moved (half) the stools to the interior bar, which is weird but surprisingly effective,

All in all, it was good to be back. Just might be another 3 months until I return.

I'm actually researching to find a good mask that will hold up on coasters and not be too hot. Maybe something like a neck gaiter.

Reactions: SeventyOne

It’s definitely going to be quiet until borders and travel are open worldwide. If local, now is the chance to enjoy the parks like never before.

Reactions: Coolbfitz

I think you’re looking at longer than 3 months if you’re waiting for masks to be removed. They very likely will not remove mask requirements until the CDC changes their recommendation, or there’s a vaccine.

CNN just did a segment on the economy reopening and really hit at Universal for reopening when cases are on the rise in Florida and higher than they’ve ever been Worldwide.

I'm actually researching to find a good mask that will hold up on coasters and not be too hot. Maybe something like a neck gaiter.

Got one of these today and it is easy to breathe through. Had another that is harder. Does not roll up around the edges so that is a plus and it seems to be a better material than the cotton? one I have been using. A little tighter than the other gater I have but maybe put it over a knee and help it "ride up with wear" if you are a larger guy.

I think you’re looking at longer than 3 months if you’re waiting for masks to be removed. They very likely will not remove mask requirements until the CDC changes their recommendation, or there’s a vaccine.

Many have been assuming that restrictions will continue to ease/be lifted over the next few months.

I think people should be considering the possibility of more/greater restrictions returning, and even potentially seeing the parks shut down again.

Florida's daily new case count has started spiking again. The last few days have seen double the new cases each day compare to the last couple of weeks (~1300-1400 new cases a day in the last few days as opposed to 500-700/day prior to that).

If hospitals start getting overwhelmed again, large gathering locations (like amusement parks) are going to be the very first things to get shut down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.