Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many have been assuming that restrictions will continue to ease/be lifted over the next few months.

I think people should be considering the possibility of more/greater restrictions returning, and even potentially seeing the parks shut down again.

Florida's daily new case count has started spiking again. The last few days have seen double the new cases each day compare to the last couple of weeks (~1300-1400 new cases a day in the last few days as opposed to 500-700/day prior to that).

If hospitals start getting overwhelmed again, large gathering locations (like amusement parks) are going to be the very first things to get shut down again.
I think the parks closing again is a VERY real possibility. I think it’s also even possible Disney pushes their opening back.

To be clear, I’m not saying it’s likely, but it’s a real possibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frogki and JoeCamel
More testing though, that generally kicks the number of cases higher. . Positivity rate for Florida is down.

Positivity rate is actually on the rise in Florida though. From John Hopkins University.

Edit: What it will come down to though is number of hospitalizations and how well the hospitals are coping. They are better prepared now. But there is a proverbial breaking point.

1591399234841.png

I think you’re looking at longer than 3 months if you’re waiting for masks to be removed. They very likely will not remove mask requirements until the CDC changes their recommendation, or there’s a vaccine.
n fact WHO expanded its recommendation of masks today

Reactions: Nick
What it will come down to though is number of hospitalizations and how well the hospitals are coping. They are better prepared now. But there is a proverbial breaking point.
Correct. This is all that matters.

But New York and a couple areas in New Orleans were the only ones that hit a breaking point during the peak. No one else was even close.

I think Orlando will be a breeding ground, but I also thing a lot of the infected folks will be driving back to their respective cities and not staying in Orlando proper; thereby not overwhelming the Orlando hospitals.

We’ll see. It’s all just a big test right now, but my thinking is Orlando is pretty well equipped.

Got one of these today and it is easy to breathe through. Had another that is harder. Does not roll up around the edges so that is a plus and it seems to be a better material than the cotton? one I have been using. A little tighter than the other gater I have but maybe put it over a knee and help it "ride up with wear" if you are a larger guy.

My neck is about 16" around and so that's pretty much average from what I can tell. So, I think that I will go ahead and splurge on this. Thank you very much.

Got one of these today and it is easy to breathe through. Had another that is harder. Does not roll up around the edges so that is a plus and it seems to be a better material than the cotton? one I have been using. A little tighter than the other gater I have but maybe put it over a knee and help it "ride up with wear" if you are a larger guy.
Got something similar to this last week and it's been worth every penny - added benefit is you can run it under water every so soften to help keep you cool.

Granted, it does not filter like an N95, if at all - but it checks the face covering box. I still wear proper masks elsewhere but this is my "I have to wear a mask for an indeterminate amount of time outdoors and won't actually be that close to others" mask.

I don't disagree that it's very possible governors could order the parks to close again in a crisis scenario, but you better believe the parks will fight tooth and nail to keep that from happening. This dip back into 5-6% positive infection rate won't spur that.

Americans are by and large done with the lockdowns, conceptually, too, so even if the government forces more businesses to close and a resultant additional economic collapse, people will still mingle, still break isolation, still basically do what they want. I think there's less odds of a broad shutdown again than some here are theorizing, even if it means the virus spreads and inevitably kills more.

Test, trace, isolate isn't happening. The only other real scenario is to limit personal risk and keep hospitalization rates in acceptable parameters. Otherwise... expect stuff to stay open.

Reactions: lowbudget
I don't disagree that it's very possible governors could order the parks to close again in a crisis scenario, but you better believe the parks will fight tooth and nail to keep that from happening. This dip back into 5-6% positive infection rate won't spur that.

Americans are by and large done with the lockdowns, conceptually, too, so even if the government forces more businesses to close and a resultant additional economic collapse, people will still mingle, still break isolation, still basically do what they want. I think there's less odds of a broad shutdown again than some here are theorizing, even if it means the virus spreads and inevitably kills more.

Test, trace, isolate isn't happening. The only other real scenario is to limit personal risk and keep hospitalization rates in acceptable parameters. Otherwise... expect stuff to stay open.
Far more likely in California than Florida. Especially bc the parks haven’t opened or even submitted opening plans yet in California. I can see them pushing off for sure.

In Florida, it will have to get really bad again for DeSantis to do anything like that. He’s not that type of governor.

No. You wait in the VL and then you wait in the physical queue, six feet away from others.

Aside from early morning Hagrid on Wednesday, I have waited at least 20 minutes in every physical queue after redeeming my VL return time. Hagrid was 40 from the arch. FJ was 45.

I’m sure that late in the afternoon the physical queues get shorter, but I would plan on around 30 minutes any time you arrive at an attraction with a reservation. Also, this is before Express has really ramped up with on-site hotel guests, so it’s going to get longer. VL is not a FastPass - it’s just to 1) meter the rate at which people get in line so wait times don’t spike while operating at reduced capacity and 2) make sure there aren’t socially distanced queues routing all over the park.
Thanks for the info. I'd assume that will be how Hollywood does it too.

As someone who used single rider to just walk on the potter rides....20-30 mins isn't too bad but wish you could just walk on the line....if say the park is not busy enough I hope that becomes the case at least over here in CA where crowds are usually lower than the East Coast Parks

Got something similar to this last week and it's been worth every penny - added benefit is you can run it under water every so soften to help keep you cool.

Granted, it does not filter like an N95, if at all - but it checks the face covering box. I still wear proper masks elsewhere but this is my "I have to wear a mask for an indeterminate amount of time outdoors and won't actually be that close to others" mask.

I'm finding the popularity of these to be so weird. I've been printing these for 10 years and it's one of the products that have been so under utilised. They're easy to print, comfortable to wear and are relatively cheap to produce.

We've been pretty much exclusively selling them to motorbike and cycling clubs but have seen a massive uptake in the last few weeks.

I'm finding the popularity of these to be so weird. I've been printing these for 10 years and it's one of the products that have been so under utilised. They're easy to print, comfortable to wear and are relatively cheap to produce.

We've been pretty much exclusively selling them to motorbike and cycling clubs but have seen a massive uptake in the last few weeks.

Take some picture examples of the ones that you have printed. I would love to see them!

Currently at universal having a BLAST! I LOVE the social distancing measures. Also, with the wet/cloudy atmosphere, it’s not hot. We got a 9:10 VQ for Forbidden Journey and we walked right on. Then we walked on Kong and Spider-Man. Currently sitting in the Sinbad theater (depressing) waiting for our 11:10 Hagrid VQ.

Currently at universal having a BLAST! I LOVE the social distancing measures. Also, with the wet/cloudy atmosphere, it’s not hot. We got a 9:10 VQ for Forbidden Journey and we walked right on. Then we walked on Kong and Spider-Man. Currently sitting in the Sinbad theater (depressing) waiting for our 11:10 Hagrid VQ.
sounds like a small crowd today. Is that accurate?

sounds like a small crowd today. Is that accurate?
It’s empty outside of Harry Potter.

I gotta say.. I absolutely LOVED Poseidon’s Fury with social distancing. That was SO nice! We had a really good tour guide too.

Walked up to Mytho’s for a dining reservation at 11:50, got one for 12:30. Did Poseidon’s fury at 12 and now we’re sitting at Mythos!

It’s empty outside of Harry Potter.

I gotta say.. I absolutely LOVED Poseidon’s Fury with social distancing. That was SO nice! We had a really good tour guide too.

Walked up to Mytho’s for a dining reservation at 11:50, got one for 12:30. Did Poseidon’s fury at 12 and now we’re sitting at Mythos!
Glad you enjoyed PF. We love it and could never understand the hate it gets from some. And, yes, a good tour guide, really elevates the experience.

Glad you enjoyed PF. We love it and could never understand the hate it gets from some. And, yes, a good tour guide, really elevates the experience.
I understand why some people may be bitter. Multiple reasons. While it’s my favorite, I acknowledge other people’s expectations.

1). The name of the attraction makes people think it’s going to be a ride. 2). People can’t sit. 3). It IS very dated/corny. 4). A bad tour guide can make it bad. 5). Since it’s a show, it makes for longer wait times (with a very repetitive queue line soundtrack).

BUT with all that said.. it’s been my personal favorite since I wAs a little kid! And the experience today was DOOOOOPE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.