Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wonder what Hollywood will look like then
On a week day, it feels like it would be almost a perfect time to go and have almost no lines on everything

Also while HHN might get more people, its soooo hard to predict where we will be with everything by then so who knows this might be the first year people can do all mazes without a front of the line pass or staying until almost closing time on every weekends

Like I said earlier... The only places in BOTH parks that were congested were the Harry Potter lands. But, even that was pretty tame to compared to what it usually is like.

The rest of the lands? Everything was practically a walk-on. And by everything, I mean everything. It was very wet all day though, I gotta say.

Tornado warning messed up the end of our day though, closing off the Hogwarts Express. We were gonna do the 3 water rides at IOA to end the day. Ended up doing Despicable Me at the end of the day instead.
and....that's the answer to theme park fans that complain there is too much Potter...........Even when the parks are dead, most end up congregating in the Potter lands....That says a lot.

and....that's the answer to theme park fans that complain there is too much Potter...........Even when the parks are dead, most end up congregating in the Potter lands....That says a lot.
It helps that some of the best rides are in Hogsmeade at the very least. And Diagon is Diagon.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Looking at Touring Plans this morning, and they published a list of amenities available/not available at WDW when they reopen some hotels in late June. Also, WDW in this June 6th release, mentioned that residents from states under Florida quarantine orders will not be admitted into WDW. Those states were New York, New Jersey, & Connecticut.

That combined with this I think makes zero sense for any Brits to visit any time soon (not that we have any confirmation from Foreign Office we'll be allowed to yet). 9 hour flight to maybe get in a theme park? If you don't that's a very expensive "sit by the pool" holiday.

View attachment 12392

When I was looking at booking a trip in September earlier in the year, it was probably going to be the most expensive trip I ever had to Orlando and it wasn't anything extravagant (Economy flights and CBBR for 2 weeks). The trip I was meant to be going on next week had premium flights, staying at Coronado Springs (with dining) and Royal Pacific and was 18 days long would have worked out about £500 cheaper.

If I was paying that money to go to Orlando for half an experience, I would be pissed.

I also don't like the way Virgin are dealing with this. They never offered me a refund but the ability to change flights at no charge up until November, if I book after that, I'll have to pay fare difference. The problem with that is that I checked the same flights I was looking at for September and they've dropped from about £900 to £400. I'd like to think if I book cheaper flights that they'll give me back the difference but I know that won't happen.

I'm also expecting next year to be crazy busy.

When I was looking at booking a trip in September earlier in the year, it was probably going to be the most expensive trip I ever had to Orlando and it wasn't anything extravagant (Economy flights and CBBR for 2 weeks). The trip I was meant to be going on next week had premium flights, staying at Coronado Springs (with dining) and Royal Pacific and was 18 days long would have worked out about £500 cheaper.

If I was paying that money to go to Orlando for half an experience, I would be pissed.

I also don't like the way Virgin are dealing with this. They never offered me a refund but the ability to change flights at no charge up until November, if I book after that, I'll have to pay fare difference. The problem with that is that I checked the same flights I was looking at for September and they've dropped from about £900 to £400. I'd like to think if I book cheaper flights that they'll give me back the difference but I know that won't happen.

I'm also expecting next year to be crazy busy.

With a heavy heart I think we're more likely looking at 2022 or later now.

Virgin offered me a full refund but no sign of it yet. We're about 40 days in to a 90 day waiting period.

Reactions: Scott W.
With a heavy heart I think we're more likely looking at 2022 or later now.

Virgin offered me a full refund but no sign of it yet. We're about 40 days in to a 90 day waiting period.

I’ve not bothered to reach out to them yet. I just can’t be arsed waiting 3 hours on the phone and I’ve got it as 3 separate bookings and I know I’m going to have to jump through hoops.

I think 2022 sounds like a safe bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.