Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal Orlando opened up its theme parks to guests for the first time since its March closure due to the Coronavirus pandemic, with new safety and sanitization guidelines.

Reactions: Alicia and Mad Dog
I'm a little rough on capacity numbers since it's been awhile, but I want to say that capacity for both parks is around 27k-29k each? I know someone else on here can give a better answer.
Thanks for the updates. Those attendance numbers give a good snapshot of what's happening at this point in time. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Tbad556
For those wondering about crowd size, I've been told the attendance at USF today and yesterday has been around 3.5k each day. I'd assume IOA was about the same.
I've got numbers from people on working who would know that are saying USF was around 7K yesterday. Of course, the 7K number could've been the predicted daily attendance and 3.5K turned out to be the actual attendance.

And the average is 10K?
The average is around 20-25K. True maximum capacity is 50K, which they normally hit (or come close to) many times during HHN and also Christmas Week they normally pull north of 45K.

This is a very, very slow time and it's likely to be like this for quite awhile i'd imagine.

I'm a little rough on capacity numbers since it's been awhile, but I want to say that capacity for both parks is around 27k-29k each? I know someone else on here can give a better answer.
Both parks have right around a 50K capacity normally.

Is that about 10%-15% of capacity?
If it really was 3.5k, then that's about 7%. If it was 7k like I heard, then it's 14%.

Last edited:
I've got numbers from people on working who would know that are saying USF was around 7K yesterday. Of course, the 7K number could've been the predicted daily attendance and 3.5K turned out to be the actual attendance.

I would guess that the latter is correct since they actually extended everyone by an hour for every weekend for the next few weeks pushing them into daily OT, so they were definitely expecting higher crowds. I'd be pretty surprised if the 3.5k number is wrong given the source, but it's always possible.

I would guess that the latter is correct since they actually extended everyone by an hour for every weekend for the next few weeks pushing them into daily OT, so they were definitely expecting higher crowds. I'd be pretty surprised if the 3.5k number is wrong given the source, but it's always possible.
I know the 7K number carries weight as well, as it's the number that management is given to know what to expect and it's what the schedulers are given to know how many people to schedule. Often though, they don't hit the number, or they exceed the expected attendance, so I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they fell to such low numbers considering the rain and the parks relying on APs right now. APs are a fickle base to fully rely on since they can come whenever, so obviously they aren't gonna come to the park if it's raining.

Reactions: Clive and Tbad556
So with these attendance numbers, do you think HHN will be pretty slow too?
It's impossible to know what September/October will be like, but I certainly think HHN will be far busier than this. It's long enough away that Universal is probably hoping that by then, their hotels will be at a pretty decent occupancy, and Frequent Fear will bring people back to HHN every night.

Like I said earlier... The only places in BOTH parks that were congested were the Harry Potter lands. But, even that was pretty tame to compared to what it usually is like.

The rest of the lands? Everything was practically a walk-on. And by everything, I mean everything. It was very wet all day though, I gotta say.

Tornado warning messed up the end of our day though, closing off the Hogwarts Express. We were gonna do the 3 water rides at IOA to end the day. Ended up doing Despicable Me at the end of the day instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.